Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:04:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 361
Total: 363

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Filler treatment in France, Europe?  (Read 17883 times)

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
Filler treatment in France, Europe?
« on: July 12, 2006, 05:19:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

Since a few of us here are living in France and quite a few more in Europe, I thought I'd ask.

Has anyone had filler treatment (sculptra, pmma, bio-alcamid, collagen, whatever...) in Europe or France and could share such info like results, pain, problems, price and if in France, what treatment or part thereof would be covered by the Secu (short for securité sociale, our health service that still works and nowadays pays for my labs and meds in full - bless them).

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline allopathicholistic

Re: Filler treatment in France, Europe?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 06:15:55 pm »
did you see this Pat? but it's not in France. it was discussed last month
doctor delpino
« Last Edit: July 13, 2006, 11:47:04 pm by allopathicholistic »

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 02:48:28 am »
Thank you for the link. It looks though as if the video is not on their site anymore.

Pat

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 03:18:53 am »
click "tratamientos" (right side). Once there click on "videos de demostracion" (left side, click the arrow). then you have to click "calidad DSL" or "calidad modem"

the 1st video shows the man getting numerous facial injections (ouch!!)

the 2nd video is the guy after treatment -his facial lipoatrophy is less visible

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 10:01:28 am »
Thanks,

when opening the page with Safari (I a mac user) it would only display part of the page. Impressive results indeed!

Pat

Offline riverlassie

• Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 09:44:23 pm »
I have an appointment scheduled for Aug. 4th to see Dr. for sculptra injections. I know this guy friend that had the series of shots but its not as common with woman having treatment. Cant think of any medical resaon but from the female perspective , we're more likely to ignore our needs for the sake of the family. But I will let you know what I learn and whether I shall go ahead with this. I recieved a print out for the sake of obtaining insurance coverage, a medical guideline . Don't know if it'll work but at least through the Dermik Labratories there is an Assistance program wher the client can obtain the sculptra and only have to pay Doctors fee for the series of injections.
After all I got nothing to lose if it doesn't go as I hope. I lost both pairs of cheeks a long time ago. If anyone finds them could you please mail them back to meeeeee!    s
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 04:39:33 am »
Pat,

I had  cold fill performed 6 years ago.
I live in Belgium and I can certainly find out for you where in France you could get help.
Only would have to get a hold of my doctor.

I am extremely pleased with it and it has changed my life fiorever.

hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 05:41:02 pm »
Hermie,

that would be real nice; I haven't made my mind up yet as to what treatment, when or where. It scares me but I want to be ready when the time comes.

Pat

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 07:33:20 pm »
Pat,

We can talk about it in Amsterdam, as I see there is no urgency involved. Should you need more information sooner, feel free to pm me.

The treatment(s) are easy, with a wonderful, fast result.

You only feel the stings from the needle. But I can tell you  : every sting is worth it.

Hug

hermie
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

donwolf

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 02:02:58 pm »
Hello Pat,

this is my first ever email in the forum.  been + for 15 years, always viewed the site but never participated.  I too am interested in the filler procedure, side effects, cost, how long it last between injections?  The lost of some of the facial fat makes me a little self conscious though it is probably not as bad as I think it is when I look in the mirror.  I will keep an eye out for information and share if I obtain good material.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »
Hello Pat, Newfill was invented by the Frenchman Dr Patrick Amard! Your HIV consultant should be able to refer you to a reputable plastic surgeon in France with HIV experience. I do not think it will be difficult to find one (getting the health system to pay for some of it, another matter perhaps...)

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline frenchpat

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 06:14:45 pm »
Hello Pat, Newfill was invented by the Frenchman Dr Patrick Amard! Your HIV consultant should be able to refer you to a reputable plastic surgeon in France with HIV experience. I do not think it will be difficult to find one (getting the health system to pay for some of it, another matter perhaps...)

- matt

Thanks Matt,

I had a preliminary visit the other day with a plastic surgeon who's got experience in fillers though not a lot with New Fill. He assures me those he uses and new fill pretty much work the same way and are applied the same way.

New fill as of a few months is fully reimbursed by our state health system, the much decried but much loved Securité Sociale. The price for the product has been established and cannot be changed and is fully reimbursed (5 sessions) and the sessions are also reimbursed although the surgeon is free to put a markup if he so wishes.

In my case the surgeon said that since it is an HIV related operation he would just charge the established price(nice). In other words, New fill, made by a french lab  (Sanofi) is reimbursed 100% and this includes later touch ups.

Sometimes I love paying high taxes (also because we have bullet trains that  are safe and arrive on time ;D)

By the way, this being the french administration, there is a shitload of paperwork but it is all very organized. This surgeon actually managed to get butt implants (for and HIV+ patient) reimbursed, allegedly after a long battle though.

I have received a little brochure about new fill that I will translate and post here as soon as work allows me, if anyone is interested.

Pat
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 06:17:12 pm by frenchpat »

Offline joemutt

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2006, 02:17:50 am »
Hermie's cheeks are positively rosy and better than the real thing. We saw them in Amsterdam.

Offline riverlassie

• Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 12:52:20 pm »
I chose to have the treatment due to the fact that I worked up close in people faces  and I got tired of peolpe daying how tired and drawn I look. And lets face it self esteem is a very important aspect to ones physical health.  But as for finding your cheeks sweetie, I still have n't found the ones that use to be on my butt.  Now I got the no-arse-at-all syndrom. And to get sculptra there would be around &5,00.00  I think just sitting on a cushion and stuffing mypants with charmin is a bit cheaper. Plus if ever i need a tissue I know where I can find one    lol.........
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Offline jammerz

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, 10:11:58 pm »
I don't know what part of France you are in, but if you are near the EuroStar you can ride it into the UK where Sculptra is used for many more things then it is in the United States and most other countries. The British have allowed pretty liberal licensing of Sculptra, and it's fairly inexpensive (all things considered). I don't have lipoatrophy, but I was curious to know anyway in case I ever do.
HIV+ since June 2005. Taking Prezista/r and Nevirapine.

Offline Craig Webster

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2008, 08:56:19 pm »
Well Hello there anyone around the world that is reading this of course!!!

Sculptra as you all may know is not a permanent filler in fact the effects probably wear off in as little as 1-3 yrs tops.

I run a clinic in little old New Zealand and here we us Aquamid.

Aquamid is a permanent filler and integrates readily into the skin, it has a High content of water 97.5% and Low solid content at 2.5% polyacrylamide.
It allows water exchange with the surrounding tissue is Non resorbable with long lasting results, is Non-allergenic migration resistant does not harden Immunologically inactive... the list of pluses goes on:)

I recommend before you try any other filler that you check to see if this product is available.

If you wanna check out the website here is where to look.

www.aquamid.com or alternately email info@contura.com

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 07:59:00 am »
Craig -- are you HIV+?  If not, we'd kindly request that you not post in this forum, which is intended for people living with HIV.

We're also not to comfortable with posts that sound like product advertisements, but since you didn't link to your actual clinic, we'll let this one slide.

Peter Staley
AIDSmeds.com

Offline panda

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 05:27:47 am »
Hi all , A friend of mine is intesting of doing lipo treatm ents in europe (instead of goin all the way to mexico)BUT the question is if there are clinics that do the butt and leggs as well and not only face ?

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.