Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:54:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 514
Total: 515

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: why all this symptoms? :|  (Read 11937 times)

Offline tudor

why all this symptoms? :|
« on: February 08, 2008, 07:23:03 am »
hi all

I'll be quick, in rod style

15 days ago I had unprotected oral, protected vaginal with a SW
at a point I pulled my penis out and the condom remained in her vagina
she put me another condom and we continued
to finish, she gave me a hand job

I know that is a low risk, but I have all these symptoms that are driving me mad!!!

day3: cold sore on my lips-gone after 1 day
day5: kidney ans prostate  pains on right side; glandes in my right side of the body - gone after 3-4 days [I took some antibiotics]
some diarrhea, but just not even for a day

please, tell me what should I do?!?!?!
I'm driving crazy, man!
I can't focus on anything else, I can't eat properly, I just want to sleep more because when I sleep I don't have anything in my mind

3 days ago I start to take some nervs, for sleep pils. I'm completely f***d up! :((

any help will be apreciated
thank you for all these great forums!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: why all this symptoms? :|
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2008, 08:13:25 am »
tudor,

Your experience was not low risk, it was NO risk. You had protected intercourse and condoms have been proven to prevent hiv infection. Just because you left one behind when you withdrew doesn't mean you were inside unprotected. You weren't.

Neither getting a blowjob or a handjob are risks for hiv infection.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you do NOT need to test over this specific incident, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

If your symptoms continue to worry you, see your doctor. They're nothing to do with hiv.

Ann
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 08:15:33 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tudor

thank you!
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2008, 10:45:36 am »
thank you, ann!
I'll try to restart my head and my life :)

keep on the good work you guys do here

I'll probably take the 13 weeks test and I'll let you know about the result

Offline tudor

symptom?
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 12:00:33 am »
well, I feel that I'm getting cold and I'm petryfied ... I have all this panic attacks .. sometimes I'm ok, sometimes I can't stop thinking "what if" and "what if" ... I don't know what to do .. :( I'm realy scared

I am a heavy smoker, but now I smoke 2 packs per day

what should I do to recover? everyone say that I'm crazy ...

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 07:47:33 am »
tudor,

If you cannot put this no-risk incident behind you, perhaps you should see a counselor face-to-face about your unwarrented fears. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline tudor

so ...
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 04:34:54 pm »
today is my 21st day after my "non-risk" exposure
so, I have this flu/cold coming to me, I have this pains in my right side, under the abdomen, I have this time-to-time pains under my right arm, I have this sweat in couple of nights, I have this swollen glands time-to-time, too ...

I have this beautiful and sweet girlfriend that I'm afraid that I pass her something
I fell guilty, I am scared, I feel terible ...

dear Ann, pls don't be upset on me, but this is just the way I feel :(

I'm scared, I'm really scared :|

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:22:39 pm »
Tudor,

This has all been explained to you.

You were not at risk of getting HIV. If you feel ill see your doctor. If you're having trouble dealing with guilt and/or anxiety you should see a counsellor for face-to-face support. We cannot provide you with counselling.

MtD

Offline tudor

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 06:11:46 pm »
thank you all anyway for your support

I really apreciate it!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 09:06:12 pm »
Fearful feelings are not facts. No matter what your head is saying to you, this is not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.

If you can't get past this unwarranted concern about HIV, then as Ann suggested you need to see a counselor or other professional and get some help with sorting things out.

Good luck with that.   
Andy Velez

Offline tudor

me again
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008, 05:13:10 pm »
ok. so I understand that there was no risk and that was not an hiv situation. I know that I am a little crazy worrying so much. All my friends do a lot of fun about this

I still have some symptoms [casual night sweat, swollen glands only on my right side]. I don't know why. I don't understand why ...

I have though this big problem: my girlfriend asked me to do unprotected sex with her. Until now I managed to avoid this. I want to test and to be 100% sure that I am ok. but i don't know what to do with her? what should I say to her? Should I take a test right now? There has been 1 month and 10 days since my incident.

any help will be apreciated

P.S. has moles have to do anything with HIV? I tried to look within the site but I didn't find anything

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2008, 05:37:34 pm »
Go back and reread the replies that you have been given. Not one person said that you were at risk. If you did not have a risk then there would be no reason to test.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 03:51:00 am »
tudor,

You should not be having unprotected intercourse with anyone. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tudor

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 06:29:53 pm »
has MOLES has anything to do with hiv? I think that my moles are spreading on arms ...

any answer, please ...

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 09:44:41 pm »
Moles are not an HIV specific occurrence.

Right now you are misinterpreting everything that happens to you through an HIV jitters mindset. I suggest you follow Ann's recommendation and get yourself to a counselor or other professional to get some support with what is going emotionally. This is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline tudor

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2008, 05:54:19 pm »
my dear friends [because I consider you all who replied to me friends and great people]

I am now understanding more about HIV symptoms and the ways you can get them
I had a period when I was better, with my head and with my general status.
I had, though, some symptoms [a pain on my left side of the neck, a pain behind my right knee, some kind of rash, but only in the area of my neck and only 1 or 2 red bumps who dissapear after 10 minutes, some kind of small white spot on my tongue. Now I feel that I have some pain under my arms, but it's mild and undetermined.]

Right now I'm very, very worried that my girlfriend has a canker sore inside her mouth. I'm starting to worry again! I'm starting to have panick attacks again! :(

Is there any period after the "symptoms" should dissapear in an HIV situation? I don't say that mine is, but I just want to know

I'm waiting eagerly to pass this month and to get tested. This is my 9 week since my incident.

I'll appreciate any reply. Your replies really make me feel better. Much better! Today I cried ... If there will be something wrong with my girlfriend, I don't know what I'll do ... I just pray and wait.

Thank you all, my friends!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 05:59:39 pm »
You are beyond the scope that this forum or any forum can offer. Seek the help of a mental health professional. Good luck to you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2008, 09:32:33 pm »
As usual, nothing you are describing is in any way suggestive of HIV. You can't give your girlfriend HIV because you don't have it. Canker sores? They are a common event which happen for all sorts of non-HIV reasons. You're being your usual cuckoo self about HIV. You need help from a professional to address this behavior on your part. We can't treat you for that here.

Get on with your life and stop this nonsense. Or at least we will stop indulging you in doing it here. You're on the verge of getting a time out from the site. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline tudor

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2008, 02:04:25 pm »
k, so please don't bann me for what I'll write further

I understand everything that you have told me so far

Even so, ...

2 days ago [12 weeks since my incident] my girlfriend start to cough and now she is having a cold. 1 day ago, I start to cough and now I have sore throat, but no stuffed nose, no fever, no sweat. This morning I had a severe dhiareea, but it was only in the morning, once or twice. My girlfriend didn't had any cold/flue since 2 years!

Can it be possible so late to appear this symptoms?

[I'm sorry that I am writing, but you are the only people whom I can talk about this. My friends say that I'm crazy. I talked with a lot of people, with a lot of SW experience, and everyone is k, except for me. Could it be because it was my first intercourse with a SW? Anyway, I;ll test next week to finish with this. Black or white!]

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2008, 02:31:33 pm »
tudor,

How many times do we have to tell you that you didn't have a risk for hiv infection? Whatever is going on with you and/or your girlfriend has nothing to do with your sex worker experience. Go to a doctor to find out what, if anything, is REALLY going on. Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with hiv.

Keep posting about this no risk incident and you WILL be timed out. If you're read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tudor

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2008, 01:49:46 pm »
now,

even if I have this nasty cold on me right now, woith cough, stuffed nose, swollen lymphs on my neck, I try to follow the next patterns:
1. the SW was never infected [she insisted NOT to cum inside her mouth (she said she would bite my dick if I do so), she was very careful with the condom]
2. There was never a risk [from what you guys have told me and from what I've read in the past 3 months]

wish me luck with that and with my future test!

I hope I will never write again for my concerns. Thank you all for everything and God bless you all!

Offline tudor

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2008, 07:15:55 am »
I've just got my results. NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE, NEGATIVE!!! I tested also for syphilis and hepatytis. It was my 18th week since my NO RISK incident. All negative. I don't know how to say what I feel .. I'm just happy. That's it! I am happy! :)

I want to thank you all for your support! It was divine! You helped me very much. Thank you very much and GOd bless you all, Ann, Rod, Matt, Andy ...! You are angels!

To others that feel what I have felt: trust this forum, the experts are really experts! Trust their words! I wish you all to test, like me, negative.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING, GUYS!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2008, 07:49:45 am »
You're welcome. That's great about your happy if not unexpected result. Get on with your life now and as part of your celebration remember to always use a latex condom when you have intercourse.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2008, 09:20:16 am »
Honey,

If we're angels then you won't wanna end up in heaven.

Congratulations on your negative result.

MtD

Offline tudor

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2010, 03:31:27 pm »
hi all again
I thought I will never write you again after what happened two and a half years ago
but ... I probably never recover completely with may mind after that big fear. and time to time my fear comes again
it came last year in september when I had a cold abd after that, immediatly I had a urthycharia (food alergy)...
it came to me when I had flu last winter ...
I don't know what to do with these ocasions. I just hope they are just isolated normal illness
and in the last, I want to say that I/m verry concerned about my girlfriend (same as two years ago). she had only these year 3 urinary infections and yesterday she had a food a food intoxication with nausea and eructation (I think that/s the term in english)
I read on a site that "the hiv infection can be suspected to a woman when she has more than 3 vaginal infection per year"

sorry for disturbing you with this.
I just want an opinion. Am I crazy?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2010, 03:52:46 pm »
   Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2010, 03:55:11 pm »
You're HIV negative. You can't pass a virus to someone when you don't have it.

Whatever is going on with your gf symptomatically there is no sound reason to believe it has anything to do with HIV picked up from you.

If you come back here again with more of this what if handwringing, you are going to get a 28 day Time Out. HIV is not your problem and we're not here to indulge you everytime you have another anxious moment.

Your fears about HIV are the problem. If you or she have symptoms, discuss them with your doctor(s). This is not an HIV situation. Period. .
Andy Velez

Offline tudor

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:23 am »
I have just ONE question. PLs don't ban me ...
my GF has just have once again a urinary infection. It/s 6th this year ...
the question: is urinary infection a specific opportunistic infection? can this be linked to hiv?
sorry for bothering you. it's just anxiety, fear, stress ...:(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2010, 10:36:38 am »
Tudor,

Anyone can get a urinary tract infection and we women are prone to them, especially once we've had one. She needs to be discussing this with her doctor. It has nothing to do with hiv.

We're not here to hold your hand every time you or your girlfriend feel unwell. Go see a doctor.

And I'm giving you that time out you've been warned about. Do not attempt to create a new account to get around your time out because if you do, you will be permanently banned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline tudor

« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 01:19:02 pm »
hello again and again,

probably I'll be warned for this post, but belive me, you are the only people I can talk about this.

it's my GF again: she has a vaginal wart and, because she had a very poor general condition (repeted colds, sore throat), her doctor prescribed her to take about all of the blood tests one can get. Among this, he recommended the HIV test.

of course, I am freaked out! really freaked out.  why did he prescribed that? it is not an ordinay test
neither of us had, as long as I know, a HIV risk situation since I had my tests in 2008. Could it be possible to be related with that incident? is the visit to dentist a risk? I don't know ...

so, my depression is back again. I'll see a therapist next week, but until then I'll probably go mad!

Any advice?
Thank you so much

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 03:13:14 pm »
Tudor,

An hiv test is a routine test that ANY sexually active person should be having at least once a year. You've been told this.

Do not keep posting about this or you WILL be given a second time out that will last for 56 days.

Please consider yourself warned!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.