Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:51:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 353
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: what a night we had...Update  (Read 7751 times)

Offline Nadine

what a night we had...Update
« on: August 17, 2006, 06:45:54 am »
Hello everyone

Have to share a bit of news with you all.

Lastnight, my daughters boyfriend stopped by and took us out to eat, under false pretenses might I add.
He asked us for our blessing to marry our daughter! OMG! I didn't know guys still do this sort of thing!

They are leaving tomorrow to go to New York for a week, I have to keep a straight face until they leave LOL His plans are to ask her on the Brooklyn Bridge

They have been dating since she was a senior in high school, she's 24 now and just got her masters degree. What a year this is gonna be for her!

OK, I just had to share this news with everyone, got to finish getting ready for work now.

Have a wonderful day

Nadine (who is smiling from ear to ear!)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 08:33:05 am by Nadine »

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: what a night we had
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:59:17 am »
fantastic! but very very expensive.

Offline jordan

• What I want is a celebration
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 07:13:38 am »

Congratulations!    :)
If you think your lonely now, wait until tonight.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:14:21 am »
You can always FORBID them to marry.. then they will elope and save ya some cash <grin>

Seriously, congrats. He sounds like a keeper for your daughter!

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:52:00 am »
On the Brooklin Bridge ?? what happened to the roof of the Empire State Building ???
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 10:57:52 am »
I think its an Orange Alert on the Empire State Buliding... PLUS, if she say's NO he can always jump off the bridge!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Christine

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 12:12:03 pm »
That is so sweet! Congratulations to them!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 09:51:41 pm »
Nadine, this is great news! The boyfriend sounds like a nice guy and such a romantic. Your daughter seems to have a good head on her shoulders. I wish them all the love in the world and a lifetime together. How's that straight face? Sore yet?  ;D

Offline Teresa

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 11:23:38 pm »
Congratulations!!

Sounds like you are getting yourself a great son-in-law!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 05:12:39 am »
With marriage comes in laws. EEW having Nadine for a mother in law, heaven forbid.  ;)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 05:56:04 am »
OK Mister....you have 4 weeks until I come down there, just remember who's gonna be cooking your meals......just saying  :D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 09:53:33 pm »
Okay I take it back.  ;)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 10:00:31 am »
news like this simply WARMS MY HEART!! they sound so sweet ~ enjoy the city!!! TELL US ALL ABOUT HOW IT WENT!  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline clarke

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 12:39:29 pm »
Nadine, that is way cool!!! ;D

One doesn't hear of potential suitors asking the girls parents for her hand in marriage.  Sounds like he was raised with to know manners as well as respect.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 08:32:44 am »
Got a phone call from New York lastnight...the deed is done, they are engaged!

I just knew when I saw the caller ID what the phone call would be about! She was screaming over the phone  :D  She called me within minutes of the proposal, she just talked for a minute, I'm sure there were more important things to do lastnight rather than chatting with her Mother  ;)

OK, I guess that's about it for now...details to follow

MY LITTLE GIRL IS GETTING MARRIED!  ;D ;D

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
Re: what a night we had...Update
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 03:27:35 pm »
Nadine,
   Congratulations on your daughters engagement. A word of warning though, the word is GRANDCHILDREN. Nothing else can make you feel old quite like grandkids. But that's OK too, after all they are the best revenge. Keep us posted on the upcoming nuptials..
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Eldon

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 04:41:29 pm »
Nadine, Congratulations on your little girl getting married! Take plenty of pictures at the wedding. It is good to hear that all went well on the Brooklyn Bridge.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 05:00:51 pm »
That's the most heartwarming story I've heard in ages, Nadine! Nice to know romance is still on the "cool things" list for younger generation.  :D

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 07:51:29 pm »
Hello Nadine,

Congratulations on the engagement of your daughter !! :) :)

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Teresa

« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2006, 09:51:22 pm »
Congratulations!!!

Now you have the fun part of helping plan the wedding! Any idea when the wedding date is?

My neice got married in May. The groom fainted during the ceremony. First time I had ever seen anyone faint....LOL

Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Nadine

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 06:56:45 am »
Thanks everyone for your kind words.
My daughter and her fiance are in New York until Friday, so I have no idea what their plans are as of yet, they probably don't know themselves.  I'm sure they will wait for about a year before getting married, they are both recent grads and will want to "get real jobs" before planning for their wedding.
I will keep you all posted!

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 08:49:55 am »
Can I be the flower girl?  ;) Congrats to you and your daughter!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 04:34:24 pm »
<-----Thinks Nadine should consider Jeff's offer VERY carefully.

I SAID... where's the flowers BITCH!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.