Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:50:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 508
Total: 510

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm A Complete Mess, Feeling Hopeless  (Read 71691 times)

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: I'm A Complete Mess, Feeling Hopeless
« Reply #200 on: September 22, 2014, 05:28:21 pm »
Robby here is some info on what income sources might be available if you were disabled. Perhaps you can discuss these with a social worker?

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/page10-10.html

http://www.disabilitysecrets.com/ssi-disability-benefit-claim.html

In addition to switching your HIV combo, and trying to get more comprehensive control over the bipolarity, it would be such a relief if you could permanently get away from the horrid relationship with your mom.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #201 on: September 24, 2014, 04:57:37 pm »
Thanks for the helpful links meech they were helpful. I'm having a crazy week no pun intended, anxiety through the roof, panic, and total euphoria I've spent tons of money and other than the anxiety I'm feeling amazing today but the last few days I was having suicidal thoughts and was thinking about jumping off a building. Luckily I took the initiative and caled my psychiatrist who I really like and he was able to see me today. He wrote me a prescrption for Lithium, and so I'll be starting on it for the first time this weekend. I'm actually not dreading it either. I've never been on any type of mood stabilizer before, and anti depressants and anti psychotics haven't worked well for me. And I know Lithium has been around forever and many tolerate it well. So I'm actually looking forward to taking it and hoping to feel sane for once. He's seeing me back Monday to check on me. I really like my psychiatrist he really cares about me I feel and that in itself helps a lot. And I'm being honest with him now too which is a big step for me. I start Lithium Friday so I can have the weekend to deal with any side effects. I think I'll be fine. I just want to feel in control again.
My doc said he wants to get me stable not sure if I'll have to be on it the rest of my life but if I do and it works then so be it I know I have to be responsible for my own health and I'm glad I was honest with him about how bad I was feeling and now I'm relieved and looking forward to feeling better.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

« Reply #202 on: September 24, 2014, 05:55:34 pm »
OK I hope you see some good results for that.
And bravo for the honesty with medical team.  Its the minimum.
When do you go about the HIV med change?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #203 on: September 26, 2014, 03:42:49 pm »
Update. So today I started Lithium, 300mg three times a day. First time I've ever been on a mood stabilizer. Nothing else has helped me. Anti depressants make me feel crazy and physically I. So far it seems my good instincts about Lithium were correct, I feel great so far! No major side effects yet.  And I already don't feel the urge to kill myelf anymore! It's like I am able to think learly for once, and the pain is much better, still there, but I don't feel the need to cut myself or kill myself anymore. I'm starting on Stribild too, saw my I.d. Doc yesterday and my cd4 is best ever, over 700!

I see my psychiatrist again Monday morning to see how the Lithium is working. And I presume he'll want to do labs soon to check my levels. So far the lithium seems to be agreeing with me, no bad groggy or weird side effects like I've gotten from atypical anti-psychotics. Maybe this is the medication I needed all along. Anyways, hope it goes ok. I feel good now. And not drugged and still in ontrol of myself. And a few days ago I wanted to kill myself, and now I want to live!

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

« Reply #204 on: September 26, 2014, 04:27:21 pm »
 ;D

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #205 on: September 27, 2014, 01:37:56 pm »
So far so good on Lithium. Taking 300mg three times a day. Zero side effects so far! A bit of tiredness and a little increased urination, nothing else. Actually this is probably the easiest medication I've ever tried. Wish I'd been given it sooner! Atypical antipsychotics made me feel hungover, groggy, sick, and like a zombie and anti-depressants messed me up badly and made me physically sick. I see my psychiatrist again Monday to see how the Lithium is working out. Looks like I'm going to give him a glowing review. I'll probably have to have blood dran soon to check my levels so my dosage is ok. But I can't say enough about this medication so far, it's been great! And I'm not wanting to hurt and kill myself anymore. Im not even having those thoughts. Plus I don't feel drugged or zonked out which I love. Guess this is why lithium is such an old medication, it doesn't have the nasty side effects a lot of these others have. I'm still having anxiety, but my doc said he may take me off Xanax and add Klonopin since it's longer lasting. And I tolerate benzos very well.

I plan on ditching Paxil and NEVER taking an anti-depressant again, they're just awful for me. Guess I needed a mood stabilizer all along.

Now if I can stay stable, maybe I can start building a life for myself slowly one step and one day at a time. I already notice a difference from just a few days ago, before lithium,, I was unstable and very impulsive & thought about suicide al the time, now I'm calmer and able to totally dismiss those thoughts!

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline mecch

« Reply #206 on: September 27, 2014, 04:40:05 pm »
7up the soda had lithium salts in it for the first decade or so of its existence.   ;D

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.