HIV Prevention and Testing > How Can I Prevent HIV?

Undetectable is untransmittable

(1/1)

an92:
Hello,

I am well aware of the undetectable = untransmittable. However where evere i see that message it always says you cant transmit the virus sexually. What about other ways?

Ive been undetectable for over two years now. I am married to a partner who is hiv negative. I always worry about non sexual infection because i am always cutting myself, or i have bleeding acne, or i have bleeding gums sometimes, or i might get a nosebleed. Basically i am always bleeding, i dont know maybe i attract it to myself, because i fear it.

Ive been going to therapy, and my biggest fear is infecting my partner. Does undetectable = untransmittable apply to any blood from any source in my body, not only through sex? Does being undetectable mean that i dont have to stress about putting plasters all over my body?

Jim Allen:
Hiya.

--- Quote ---However where evere i see that message it always says you cant transmit the virus sexually. What about other ways?
--- End quote ---

Sure, You could still pass on HIV by Injecting drugs (Sharing syringes), giving blood transfusions and through organ donations.

--- Quote ---Ive been undetectable for over two years now. I am married to a partner who is hiv negative. I always worry about non sexual infection because i am always cutting myself, or i have bleeding acne, or i have bleeding gums sometimes, or i might get a nosebleed. Basically i am always bleeding, i dont know maybe i attract it to myself, because i fear it.
--- End quote ---

Thankfully fears aren't facts. Day to day contract including cuts, wounds, scrapes, plasters, a nose bleed, acne, gum issues etc are not an HIV risk to others regardless of your VL being detectable or not.

--- Quote ---Ive been going to therapy, and my biggest fear is infecting my partner.
--- End quote ---

Sorry to hear about these fears and I hope the therapy is helping.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version