Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:27:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 619
Total: 619

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Any risk?  (Read 14218 times)

Offline John613

Any risk?
« on: July 05, 2009, 07:26:59 am »
Hi all I just wanted some advce from other people who know more about this topic than me. 5 months ago I met up with a transsexual. We did a little oral to each other then I was the bottom for 5 mintues which was protected. He did not finish. I then was on top for 5 mintues which I did not finish.  We both ended up finishing our selves on my stomach. I got a FDA approved home acess test kit and was negitive atthe 5 month mark. I felt good but then I read that cordosteriods can delay antibody prodution. I was on a topical cream Nd small dose of predisone at the time of the test.  Can I count this negitive result of the test?  Thanks for listing.

Offline John613

Re: 5 month negitive conclusive ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 07:28:42 am »
I was also protected when I was the top

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 07:48:06 am »
John,

It's no surprise that you tested negative - you didn't have a risk. The window period for hiv testing is three months (when there's actually been a risk) and you tested far outside that window. You don't have hiv. And yes, Home Access is a reliable test.

Keep using those condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will continue to avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline John613

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2009, 07:58:12 am »
Thanks. Google is a great place for information but a topic like this there is a lot of misleading info out there.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 08:53:31 am »
You're right. There IS a lot of misleading so-called information out there. But Ann has given you the real deal. You did exactly what you are supposed to do. You used condoms for intercourse both as a receptive and an insertive partner.

By doing that consistently without exceptions you will be well protected and the HIV status of your partner(s) becomes irrelevant.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 10:53:15 am »
I think the hardest lesson to "learn" is how not easy it is to gt HIV.  I kept thinking oh I had anal sex I got it. Not really understanding the body flouids needed yo get the virus. I am glad this site is here. It has pit my mind at ease. I kept thinking what if I am a 6 month person

Offline John613

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
My only other concern is when I called home acess the message for getting the results say you should wait 6 months before testing or test again at 6 months. Are they just saying that because the CDC days that on a few hisk

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 02:46:14 pm »
In general 6 months is an outdated testing point UNLESS factors are involved such as extensive intravenous drug use, organ transplant or treatment for cancer. Barring such factors 3 months is a reliable testing point.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 03:25:52 pm »
Thanks and no they do not apply to me.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 03:49:50 pm »
Move on you are being told the same things here that you were told at MedHelp. Enough is enough.

Offline John613

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 04:05:04 pm »
Yes I know. I am trying very hard to move on. Easier said then done. With all the great people here and medhelp it is making easier. I hope this is it. Every time I say ok I am fine I get another what if. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 05:29:48 pm »
What ifs don't matter. We're interested in facts and not feelings. The facts of your situation are solid and clearly say that you are HIV negative. Period. End of story.

If you need help with your feelings about the situation there are professionals to deal with that. This is not the place for that. Get professional help if you need it.

Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 06:17:19 pm »
Ok last thing. The Home Acess test wants the blood on the card to dry for 30 minutes. What if I let it dry for 25 minutes? will that matter. I keep telling myself no, it is dummy proof and if it was not long enough the test would not have worked. This is the last what if have so this should be my last post and thanks so much!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 06:31:43 pm »
You are worrying needlessly.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2009, 06:35:02 pm »
I know. Thank you for your help. I am feeling a lot better time to move on! Thanks again

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2009, 07:12:07 pm »
You're welcome. Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

Any risk?
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 09:05:50 pm »
I know that I had no risk but I just need to hear it from the experts. I had protected anal sex where I was the top with a transsexual sex worker. The condom did not break and I finished on her chest not inside. Where there any risks?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Any risk?
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 10:07:37 pm »
John,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Topping with a condom was no risk when you first came to this forum two months ago and no, that fact has not changed.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline John613

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2009, 10:14:22 am »
 one more time, there is no risk in protected sex. I was the top and had anal sex with a transsexual 4 weeks ago.   

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2009, 04:46:09 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline John613

« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2009, 06:20:14 pm »
I know but when would ARS start? I am in my 4th week now. My neck feels like the nods are swollen. Do you need a rash and a fever for it to be ARS? Is it to late or the for ARS to start?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2009, 06:22:33 pm »
What part of NO RISK and the warning is it, you don't understand?

Offline John613

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2009, 06:24:55 pm »
The head is playing tricks on me.  Time to seek help.thanks

Offline John613

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 09:54:09 pm »
Can you just answer the questions about ARS. Can my head cause them? Do you the fever for it to be Ars?  Is the 4 week to late ?
Thanks

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 09:56:30 pm »
Good bye. Have a great day.

Offline John613

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2009, 11:31:06 am »
Ess rob said all that has to be said. Why is it so hard to move on? The head plays games with you

Offline John613

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2009, 08:59:24 pm »
Ok I am ready to move on. I had protected anal sex. Their was no risk. It is in my head. Thanks for all your help people. No what ifs just facts!

Offline John613

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 06:17:46 pm »
Please help. Are litle blisters on the ear, lip and in the nose a sign of ARs?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 06:34:45 pm »
Seek professional mental help. You are beyond the help that this forum or any other forum can offer.

Offline John613

« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2009, 06:51:11 pm »
Yea I know. But last thing is it a sign of ARS?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2009, 07:08:03 pm »
The answer is no. You've had enough time here to know what is risky and what isn't.

If you continue to return with non-risk concerns everytime you have another burst of anxiety you are going to get a 28 day Time Out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 07:19:43 pm »
 I know and I think that is what is causing the blisters. Stress

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2009, 08:11:05 am »
Could be stress causing them but it's also good to check a persistent symptom with your doctor. For sure it has nothing to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2009, 02:17:08 pm »
Thanks Andy.

I am done with anal sex with transsexuals. It stresses me out way to much. Protected means protected I do not know why I can not get this in my head. Thanks for all your help

[John]

Offline John613

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 06:44:43 am »
Hi spoke with the tranny and she said she is clean and I should test if I am scared.  She said I had nothing to worry about. So once again thank you for your help. It hard to understand protected means protected. But I think I am done with the trannies for now. Just not good for my nerves.

Offline John613

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 10:58:06 am »
Is it possible for somebody to poke pin holes in a condom still in the wrapper. I know I am being nuts just need to know thy it is not possible. The pin hole would then tear the whole condom correct?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 12:09:43 pm »
We are not interested in dealing with what ifs here. I don't know what prompted this latest concern of yours but we're not going to get into this kind of speculative conversation.

Here we prefer to deal with the details of real situations and evaluate them accordingly as far as risk is concerned.  

Also, I want to say that the use of the term "clean" in relation to HIV or any other disease is offensive. HIV is not a matter of being clean or dirty. It's about having a virus or not. Positive or negative are more specific and appropriate terms.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 12:11:56 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 12:25:35 pm »
Yes I know. I am sorry for the word clean. I just used the words that the tranny used. I understand you deal with the facts. I just wanted to know if that is possible. Would the condom then tear?

Offline John613

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 03:50:07 pm »
Andy I know I need mental help but until I get to see my doc can you just answer me the question about the pin hole. Would it stay that small or would it cause the whole condom to tear when the anal sex started.

Thanks
This will be my last post

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 04:55:40 pm »
Fears about "pinholes" in condoms are an urban myth. There's no reason to think in ordinary life that such damage has occured.

When a condom breaks in use is when it ends up looking like a hoop with fringe.

Beyond that frankly I cannot speculate.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 05:02:33 pm »
Yes I know Andy as I said I move on and stop freaking out about the virus, then something clicks and I get the what ifs again. I need mental help. Thank you for your help and for just answering that for me. Your words do calm me down.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 07:52:47 pm »
I'm glad you found the exchanges to be helpful.

I also always recommend good and deep slow breathing in and out whenever tension and anxiety come up. It really helps.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 07:01:08 am »
I just wanted ask one question. I understand that you contract HIV from unprotected anal, vag sex, but how come even on here people say they were safe and had to get it from oral? Are these people not telling the truth or is their really a risk. I do get that if oral was that great of a risk then most people would be positive . I am just asking not question your assessments. Thanks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 08:51:40 am »
For various reasons those reports of infection through oral never seem to hold up under careful scrutiny. Longterm studies have confirmed that oral sex whether straight or gay is not a risk.

You need to take a rest from surfing the net and these pages about HIV. If you continue to return here for "just one more question" you are going to get a time out for sure. Consider yourself warned.

Use condoms consistently for vaginal and anal intercourse and you will be well protected against the sexual transmission of HIV. It really is just that simple.
Andy Velez

Offline John613

« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2010, 09:49:33 am »
Thanks Andy and no I do not want a time out. I just like to be informed about my health. I trust this site that why I asked after I  read a post on this site stating the person was postive after practiceing safe sex. That's all. Thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.