Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:51:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 629
Total: 630

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Question about disability on car loan  (Read 3913 times)

Offline initforlife

Question about disability on car loan
« on: June 19, 2014, 01:34:39 pm »
I have a car loan through my local bank it has disability insurance on the loan I was found disable by the social security office in May I filed in Feb( still can't believe it went through so fast) So I contacted my local bank there is a form to fill out and it wants your dx I do not want the local bank or anyone there to  know I have hiv how do I get around this so far I  have been scrapping every last dime to pay this car payment as I am no longer working and on the ssi part till my five months are up. Thanks for any help on this I really am not ready to tell the world I  have hiv not in my neck of the woods anyway .
sometimes it is best to say nothing at all. then to offend

Offline konkrypton

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Pan/Satyr Lover
Re: Question about disability on car loan
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 03:52:01 pm »
You might want to contact Legal Aid for some help. I'm not sure what the Americans with Disabilities Act might have to say about this, but I suspect for insurance purposes you'll have to disclose your diagnosis. But in the case that it isn't legal, it would be good to have legal representation or advice before filing the paperwork.

Good luck. I live in Missouri too, and know it can be kind of backward about some things.
KK
--
I distrust morning people. I suspect they setup the rules of life while the rest of us slept.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:15:37 pm »
I have a car loan through my local bank it has disability insurance on the loan I was found disable by the social security office in May I filed in Feb( still can't believe it went through so fast) So I contacted my local bank there is a form to fill out and it wants your dx I do not want the local bank or anyone there to  know I have hiv how do I get around this so far I  have been scrapping every last dime to pay this car payment as I am no longer working and on the ssi part till my five months are up. Thanks for any help on this I really am not ready to tell the world I  have hiv not in my neck of the woods anyway .

Where are you sending this completed form?  Seems to me that it would not be your bank, but rather to the insurance company.  This should take care of your concern for not having a local bank employee knowing your medical history.
Legal advice might be a good idea -- but at the end of the day, you need to decide if using this disability insurance on your loan is worth your disclosing to the company that administers the plan.  They certainly aren't going to simply take your word for it! 

Good luck
Mike

Offline initforlife

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 06:37:05 pm »
Thanks  . the bank told  me they will not fill out their part of the paper work till the Dr and I fill out our part have to return to bank then they fill out their part mail it to insurance company , which is in another state. so not worried about that part just the bank. wonder if the people at the bank are just being nosey why they wouldn't do their part first and let me send it off? anyway so not ready to tell  this small area of the world about hiv will find a way to pay this payment if need be. Just sucks to know I have this and can't use it! Oh and I contacted the insurance company they stated I can not use the paper work I got from the ssa as a way of not having the other form completed even though it clearly states that I was disable as of  feb this year. ( oh and it wasn't from hiv I had other health issues in Jan.  Pe and dvt and other stuff came up then I found out about hiv in march Hell of a damn year for sure !)

Offline Jmarksto

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:06:33 pm »
init; 

Am I missing something?  If you qualified for disability for something other than HIV (I apologize I don't know what Pe and dvt are), can your Doc not put that down as the qualifying diagnosis?  It may be worth a conversation with your Doc too.
03/15/12 Negative
06/15/12 Positive
07/11/12 CD4 790          VL 4,000
08/06/12 CD4 816/38%   VL 49,300
08/20/12 Started Complera
11/06/12 CD4   819/41% VL 38
02/11/13 CD4   935/41% VL UD
06/06/13 CD4   816/41% VL UD
10/28/13 CD4 1131/45% VL 25
02/25/14 CD4   792/37% VL UD
07/09/14 CD4 1004/39% VL UD
11/03/14 CD4   711/34% VL UD
03/13/15 CD4   833/36% VL UD
04/??/15 Truvada & Tivicay
06/01/15 CD4 1100/50% VL UD
10/16/15 CD4   826/43% VL UD
??/??/2017 Descov & Tivicay
2017 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850
2018 VL UD, CD4 stable around 850

Offline initforlife

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:32:58 pm »
Sorry LoL I did home health for years I forget not everyone knows what those mean.  dvt is long term for blood clot in legs in the deep vein. Pe means blood clot in lung  as in my case had in  both lungs and we still don't know why I got them.  Dr now said it all dx has to be told . I have one dr who I went to before I found out I had hiv and does not know even now as I switched dr because he has been known to tell things to people in our small town, even if against the law hard to prove it, and I couldn't take that chance I waiting for my Medicaid card to I can use that as an excuse to go see him and give him a copy , I still owe a bill and see if he will sign off on it with the other dx anyway I see my lawyer next week so will also ask him about it too.  was just thinking about things today , and thought I would ask on here for maybe a easy way out of this 

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.