Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:44:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 161
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 147
Total: 149

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: The food thread - "we desrve to be healthy & in shape"...  (Read 57770 times)

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
The food thread - "we desrve to be healthy & in shape"...
« on: March 25, 2008, 11:01:57 am »
Hi all, hope you like the title of this thread, which is a paraphrase on Betty's mantra...

I didn't think of starting it so soon, as I am having my period, which is, of course, a great excuse to not pay attention to what I'm eating, which basically means that I can get away with eating things that aren't good for me, and/or at quantities that are to good for me, and for the wrong reasons - stress and emotional pain rather than hunger.

I won't write much now, cos I'm at work. For me, lack of discipline with food and excercise goes hand in hand with lack of it in other areas such as work. But I don't expect (or want to) become perfect. I opened this thread for the support, so we can tell each other what we ate (horribly boring, but no one's keeping an eye on that, and since a lot of eating is secretive takes that away), or any bad (or good) habits that we have, or give each other tips on excercise etc - in short, anything to do with feeling physically better. I know there's a nutrition forum, but somehow I feel better writing about this stuff here. Maybe cos it's an emotional thing as well. Maybe a lot of this stuff couldv'e gone in the dating thread, but since it's such a specific topic I don't want to burden that thread with too many details.

So my resolution for starting this thread is to become aware in the upcoming days (until Fri) of what an how I eat, to list what I eat, the time, and the reason, and if you guys are cool with it post it here too. Since I am going away for a week next week, I'll probabaly start my diet or lifestlye change the following week. I have only been on a diet once when I was 20, I mean one that lasted more than a few days.

It ended up being quite long anyway.
I also wanted to say this thread shouldn't just be about food but anything that makes as physically better, like quitting or cutting down smoking  ;)

Good luck to us. We can do it. Why the hell not.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 12:30:46 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
Re: The food thread - "we desrve to be healthy & in shape"...
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 12:02:53 pm »
I totally dig this thread!! I am doing the same thing!! My Doctor actually put me on meridia lol...To help me on my quest!! I want to be healthier, Not thin!! I love being full figured so I started doing some of the same things you are doing Nette!!
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 01:08:11 pm »
Oh TreDai, what is Meridia?  Is it a diet aid?  I need something really bad.  I'm 5'9" and I weight about 170.  When I quit smoking the last time I put on 25 lbs. 

Well, for breakfast this morning I ate a bowl of Cheerios (1 cup) and a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter.  Right now, however, I'm drinking an Arizona RX Energy tea.  I haven't had any caffeine in about 5 days (maybe longer) and I need some.  My body was detoxing and I'm not ready for that.  But I do need to watch what I eat, not only for weight's sake, but also because I'm diabetic. 

As far as exercising, I have limits.  I have two broken kneecaps (have been that way for about 7 years) and the cartilage in the left one is totally collapsed.  So my walk (posture) is way off.  I tilt (lol). 

I would rather post about this here than in the nutrition thread also, Drag.  I feel more comfortable around my sisters. 

Oh, and I did go to the tobacco store and get a pack of smokes a little while ago.  I keep telling myself 'tomorrow, tomorrow.'  Of course, that's what I used to say when I was strung out also.  Thanks for starting this Drag!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:55:54 pm »
I'm not on a diet. I had a ham egg and cheese sandwich with toasted sour dough bread. Horrible LOL

I'm 5'9 and 160 lbs small boobs and big ole butt.  ;)

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2008, 02:57:13 pm »

I am 5'9 and 185  :-[, my problem area is my stomach.  I lost a lot of the weight after the babies but I could stand to lose some more.  I have chicken legs and small feet so I look like I am going to fall over.

I didn't eat anything for breakfast and my SO took me to the chinese buffet and I had rice, chicken, vegtables, crab ragoons with a rootbeer.  I just came home and squirted it out, this should tell me to stay away from this kind of food.  Believe me, I am trying, obviously not hard enough.

I need to get some yogurt and veggies to snack on.
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline thandi

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2008, 03:30:50 pm »
Hi ladies

I eat a lot of vegies and fruit, dont take dairy products and caffeine at all due to migrane headaches if I need milk I use soya milk. I also like fish instead of meat. Dont do junk food since my diagnosis. I try to go to the gym three times a week not unless I am lazy. This really works for me. Also take one vitamin per day with my meds.

Drag- you are right the name is Thandi I thought you guys wont be able to pronounce it since its a South African name, completely forgot about Thandi Newton.

How is everyone. Keep healthy and take care.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 03:48:44 pm »
Thandi, you're probably the healthiest one here. :D
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline lynee

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2008, 04:08:40 pm »
Hie
Everyone am new to this but I think eating healthy is the best thing in our situation. I do not go to the gym but my children keeps me fit that is  my exercise.

lynee

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2008, 04:20:41 pm »
Wow this is cool
Well since having the flu, i ddint eat and i lost im guessing about 5-7 lbs as i can put some jeans on that i couldnt wheni first bought them last month...
i do eat healthy food, i love veggies...but i guess i am an indulgent person..lol
My down fall is pizza, gotta have it...and im  a sucker for shrimp lo Mein without the veggies...im over 200 lbs... :-[..all hips n ass now since the breast reduction...and im only 5'5..i wish i was some 5'9....I WISH!
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 04:31:16 pm »
Thandi, if I lived like you, I wouldn't be posting this! I have heard though that soya milk is not so good for women, depending on the age. I don't know the detials of it, know it has something to do with the estrogen in it and risk of cancer.

I will have to get the conveter to calculate lbs, we do kilos here. But I don't think regardless of how much much each of us weighs, this is more about how we want to feel and take care of ourselves, the result of which should also be weight loss in some cases. For me the disaprity between what I know about what i should be doing and what i am doing is the difference. But I am not going to make any changes until 2 weeks from now when i come back, I'm just going to take note of my behavior. Well today was a very emotional day (period) and I ate accordingly, cottage cheese, kiwis, picos (kind of snacks) and chocolate for breakfast, 4 slices of bread and cheese for lunch, and a bag of carrots, salad with canned pineapple and asparagus, & egg, 4-5 cuppucinos, which is bad not just cos of the coffee itself (which I have only started drinking several months ago when I began being bored senesless at work), but also because of the powdered milk from the machine, so basically lots of fat and lots of processed junk, and for dinner a stir fry of veggies, salmon and teriyaki sauce and baked potatoes with a can of beer. Not the worst day for eating by far from me, but I will not lose weight if I eat like that, or feel too good. Still like i said can do much worse... this is actually about 1/2 what i eat normally, b/c when i have my period I am not so hungry and kinda put off by food.

I actually went to the gym to cancel my subsrcitpiotn b/c I was fed up with my overpriced gym, b/c I am bored with the excercise routine, machines etc, and lets face it, with being surrounded by good looking people when I seem to gain weight. But in the entrance i met this guy who is a friend of my BF, he is a professional trainer but has also gained a lot of weight due to a nasty breakup, and he encounraged me to keep training, so i put the cancellation off for a month... I had the half assed idea that I will work out better on my own, but who knows. Anyway he recommended that I do the 3o sec workout, that is foing each weight for 30 sec of repetition and resting for 30 sec, and with the cardio, using the "surprise" program to vary things up a bit. I'm glad I met him, showed me that even an expert like him who grew up around gyms can struggle with weight gain, emotional eating and body image. i asked him how he was and he said "fatter and older"  :D. We are not alone ladies.

I decided to limited myself to 2 cups of coffee at home and 1 capuccino at work, and have only green tea if I need caffeine. I can't go cold turkey on this one. I also decided to do a yoga excercise whenever I want to eat not at lunch or tea time. Cos I am alone in the room and bored, and also stressed, its very easy for me to turn to food without really noticing, while in front of the computer. i also dont take breaks to eat, have lunch and breakfast in front of it, and dinner in front of the TV. Not good.

Hopefully I haven't bored you all to tears. don't worry I won't describe my menu daily. I also want to know what Meridia is, but I know I won't be taking it. Betty don't feel bad about the smokes, the mechanism might be the same as in drug addiction but the habit is still different. Maybe if you do some excercise each time you want to smoke, you could control the craving, and smoke less. You are not on Chantix again are ya?

So who here wants to change how they're eating? Wendy I don't think your sandich is that bad, it depends what else you eat and how varied is your diet. I don't think there is one food to totally stay away from. I like sour bread...

Sun sorry you had the squirts, I had them awful the other day after some Thai fish sauce with chilly. Maybe something in our meds reacts badly to Asian spices.

Wishful, I also lose weight when I get sick, that was my big weight loss 2 years ago actually. Maybe you can use the recent drop as a kind of kickstart for an improved way of eating. It's a great feeling fitting into old clothes, haven't had that in a while. My Bf's gained a lot too, we indulge each other.

I hope Viv will come round too...

let's keep each other posted on our efforts, what we want to change, etc.

have a great evening.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 04:34:11 pm by Dragonette »
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2008, 04:41:29 pm »
I'm sitting my well-rounded hiney right next to wishful...move over hun :-*  I'm 5ft 8in. and 210lbs. Whew! thought about lying on that one, but then, what would be the point? My lowest weight was 93 (when i was sick).  My average "healthy" weight was 120. I go to dance class for 2hrs once a week and I'm starting to jump rope.  I don't eat a lot of junk food and there's no sugar in the house since Mini's diabetic.  I tried taking Alli, but it had adverse effects on my ostomoy.  Now, I'm on Hoodia and like it a lot.  I may ask for a Rx - but I'd have to get a doctor first. 

Also, because of my ostomy, i can't eat any fresh fruits or veggies.  I've only drank water for nearly a year now.  THAT was a hard transition!  I used to drink a lot of juice and kool-aide.  Oh, I do drink 8oz of chocolate milk a day.  I take a fist-full of vitamens everyday, too.  I don't need the perfect body.  I just need the energy and heart-health to keep up with the kids (and grandkids that will come later).  I have a family history of heart disease and adult-onset diabetes, so I really want to get the weight off.  I'd like to get down to about 150 / 160.  For my height, it's a healthy weight.

That's all from me.  I like this idea of support for one another.  We're all in this together!  So, onward Ho, TBs!  To battle we go, and together, WE WILL WIN!

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA!!! (battle cry)
Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2008, 05:08:11 pm »
160 lbs converts to 72.73 kilos according to the online converter I used.

My lowest weight was 110 lbs or 50 kgs
I was emaciated and exhausted all the time. Wasting syndrome. It took several years and unfortunately depression and binge eating to put the weight back on. But I didn't stop at a normal weight. Which for me would be about 135 lbs at the highest. My normal before kids was 125 lbs.
Nooooo, I had to get to 185 lbs before I realised what I was doing to myself. I have gotten back down to 140 lbs a couple of times only to go right back up to 160.

For the most part I am ok with my body size. Its just my mid section that bothers me. I'm self conscience of how my belly sticks out.
Its like almost all the extra fat I have is in that area. There is a pinch on my inner and outer thighs and my rear has always been voluptuous.
But the belly, I just cant stand it.  My face is a little bigger and so is the rest of me even my little boobs but its proportionate it think.

Soooo the makeover fairy needs to give me a boob job, tummy tuck, laser hair removal, FotoFacial treatments, Sclerotherapy and some naturally glorious hair. LOL  My honey would poop his pants.

You know even when I was all skin and bones I had a poochy belly. Its either pregnancy, HIV or both.

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2008, 10:30:14 pm »
Wendy
 I am with you, I would love a tummy tuck.  When I had my Aids diagnosis back in 00 (I think) I went down to a size 8 /10 and that was way to small for my frame.  I am big boned and when I was in shape, my weight was 170.  My normal weight should probably be around 155-160.  One good thing I guess is everyone is suprised when they realize I have had trip  lets....so I must hide it well too.

For din din tonight- we had grilled chicken salad, with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing.  I could eat chicken salad everyday and I could have HVR on anything except fish and chocolate :)

Let's pray for good weather so we can get out an excercise....I wish I could say that with enthusiasm but I am not there...yet :)

tendai

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2008, 05:19:59 am »
y'all are making me hungry! good luck with diets!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2008, 05:59:22 am »
yep must be kind of ironic to you Tendai. Sorry for making you hungry. You can't even get most of this stuff.... :-\

Ladies, I thought maybe this link could help out, I run into it after my dx when looking for poz resources. It's not just about dieting and all that, but about reaching your specific ideal weight and well being thru self acceptance and mindful eating.

http://www.bodypositive.com/

It's a big site, I have never had time to explore all of it, but this was the best part so far, how to identify real hunger and eat mindfully. since I mentioned that I eat all my meals in front of one screen or another, this is obviosuly not what I've been doing.

http://www.bodypositive.com/innerpar.htm

tendai

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2008, 07:17:08 am »
hopefully it'll only be for a few more days. if  God is listening up there, He'll make this saturday a day to remember and things get back to normal. fingers crossed

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2008, 08:47:03 am »
you know mine are crossed. I am seriously praying and hoping so much my dear Tendai. 

Offline wishful

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2008, 10:11:14 am »
yeah i think i will use it as a kickstart...it seems tht when i got dg i gained weight..my normal healthy weight was about 185 but i was ALLL boobs back then and that was right after my last baby..i barely gained weight with her..but after i had her i blew up ...lol
today i ate oatmeal for breakfast and am drinking a 16 oz applejuice...
i think im having spanish food for lunch...im glad to have my appetite back..i feel so much better after taking the penicillin my ssiter gave me...i have a gym membership to LA Fitness and i am about to start goin back..i had lost 30 lbs last year...i want to get to about 175..thats good for me..i dont have high bp or high chol or anything and the doc says thats a good weight for me..i dont want to be too small..i like being thick..

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2008, 12:06:17 pm »
Well, for breakfast, I had a piece of whole wheat toast with 2 Tbsp peanut butter and 1/2 a small glass of milk, because I'm almost out of milk and I get can't anymore until tomorrow (if my ASO has a food voucher to the local grocery store I can get).   Then about an hour later I had a granola bar.  I did do some abdominal exercises this morning and thought I was going to go into spasms.  Then I did a little yoga.  That's what I've done today.  I'll report back later on everything I've eaten.  Last night I was bad and had 2 Little Debbies.  I love those things.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2008, 12:28:28 pm »
LOL I had two cans of Mountain Dew for breakfast.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2008, 02:12:37 pm »
OK, here I am. LOL! Well when I got  sick last year I was losing weight. I don't know how much I weighed then but I was about a size 10. During the summer I went downhill fast and the lowest weight I got to was 117lbs. I am 5'3. My period even stopped. Anyways...when I was able to eat normally everyone encouraged me to eat and I ate what I wanted and put on about 30 lbs in 3 months and have gained an additional 15. I am now a size 14 and am the biggest I have ever been..... >:( :( >:( :(  I have heard that Atripla slows down metabolism so that doesn't help either. Everyone says "you look good" whatever...Down to business-I have gone to the gym everyday this week just to do cardio. I do the elliptical machine for about 20 minutes-easing into it :)

What I ate yesterday(had an emotional day and I am on my period too)
1 cup of coffee
1 cup of oatmeal
1 orange
1 apple
1/2 of a large black bean and chichen burrito
1 piece of string cheese
about 6 spoons of Ben and Jerry's  ;D
1 vodka 7
Oh and of course water throughout the day

Today
1 cup of coffee
1 cup of oatmeal
1/2 of a large black bean and chicken burrito (leftover from yesterday)

That's all so far! Good luck to me and to all of you!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2008, 02:43:57 pm »
last night b/c I had already written what I ate I turned down a glass of milk and a choclate which i usually have around 11-11:30 when I know I should go to bed but am just hanging there. So really beneficial to me having to report even though I might be boring. But I haven't had dinner yet so Ill write it all later or tomorrow.

Viv, you don't eat much at all... though the ice cream AND vodka made me laugh. The wasting thing kind of puts things in perspective. It's about feeling good not just looking good...

Betty good luck with the excercises. Just came back from a jog - spring is here! - and gonna do some myself. I am always lazier when doing it at home than at the gym, something about people around makes me try harder.

Wendy you are too funny, like a teenage boy. I see them here have Red Bull for breakfast.

Wishful I try to have oatmeal a lot for brekkie too if I don't forget to buy it, it's really cheap & filling too.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2008, 03:02:04 pm »

Wendy you are too funny, like a teenage boy. I see them here have Red Bull for breakfast.

That and the teenaged acne I've been sporting since I started taking birthcontrol a few months ago.

I thought this crap was supposed to make your skin clear!  LOL

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2008, 06:26:33 pm »
OK, for lunch 1 c of beef pepper steak chop suey, 1 piece of whole wheat bread and 1 c applesauce.  Then for a snack, 2 1" slices of cheese.  I haven't eaten supper yet, and my stomach is grumbling. 

When I went through the wasting, I got down to 80 lbs (remember, I'm 5'9").  It took me over a year to recover and gain weight back from that.

Offline minismom

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 07:03:33 pm »
Ok, confession time:
Breakfast: chocolate milk and vitamins
Lunch: pig in a blanket with 1/2 a hotdog and 1 biscuit, and a Hoodia pill
Dinner: porcupine meatballs (2), 1/2 a potato, and a spoon of baked beans, and a Hoodia pill
Snacks: 1 honeybun (it was little ::))

Hubby is offering to make a run to DQ for a  small Death by Chocolate Blizzard.  It's ooooooooooooooo so tempting.

Ok, now I'm hungry.
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline vivyt

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 09:13:36 pm »
Well for lunch I was REALLY bad!

McDonald's  :-[
The 2 cheeseburger meal with a coke. So bad! I'm not really hungry now so I think it will be ok.

Mini: Does that Hoodia work?

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2008, 10:22:55 pm »
Alright, I had my last Cadbury egg for a snack tonight and a few Cheetos.  So, color me 'bad' and I'll try again tomorrow.  But I don't know if I can give up the Little Debbie I have every night before bed.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008, 10:33:54 pm »
Don't feel bad. I justify my indiscretion with Micky D's by telling myself I am working out now. LOL!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008, 10:47:53 pm »
I had two soft tacos from Taco Bell. Didn't have time for a real meal. My honey fell off a ladder this afternoon and I had to take him to the doctor. He was puking and had diarrhea too. Nothing was broken but he got a happy shot and was told to stay off ladders. LOL
I just got home.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 04:27:32 am »
Wendy, sorry about your poor guy, hope he's OK.

I was awful yesterday, must be something in the air, I had yoghurt & honey for breakfast, salad with egg and corn and asparagus + cottage cheese + 3 slices of bread for lunch, 4 coffees & 1 green tea (so am starting to replace the xtra coffees with it) and 4 dates and picos (spanish type crackers) in the afternoon b4 jogging, then for dinner some pasta with mushrooms, salad and some baked potatoes. Sounds good right? But THEN I had 2 glasses of milk, finished the whole bag of picos and like 20 spanish chocolate bonbons. That was quite a binge, maybe cos I'm still menusrating I got sad, it was classic emotional eating cos I wasn't hungry at all.

I do notice that most of you aren't eating your fruit & veggies (wags index finger).

I'll come back with an update... best of luck for today

Offline minismom

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2008, 07:33:39 am »
It's the SlimQuick with Hoodia in it.  It really does work.  It helps with the mid-day and evening munchies.  That's where I was getting into trouble.  And, since we don't keep snacks in the house, I would heat up leftovers and have another mini-meal.  It also helps keep the water weight down during my period.  Like most of us here, stress is another biggie.  It reduces the stress-weight and I'm sleeping better. It's expensive, but it's the only thing that's worked for me.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2008, 09:30:32 am »
For breakfast this morning, I had a package of 'weight-control' oatmeal and 1/2 a small glass of milk.  I did exercise again this morning.  My whole body hurts like hell.  But, what's one to do.  I'll check back in later to report on any snacks, what I ate for lunch etc.  I think this is a good thing.

Offline wishful

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2008, 10:18:34 am »
Hey Gals, I havent had anything yet bcus my mind is on lunch..lol..there this soul food place my sis wants to go to today so ima go down in  a minute and get a small coffee with splenda n a piece of fruit if they have any..then lunch time im gonna get the bar b que chicken , with collard greens and string beans..maybe a lil potato salad..but im not having the mac n cheese...thats good right?..lol
last night i had about a half of the steak burger from Burger King..a few of the fries and a sprite...BAD..but i usually finish my sandwich so that was GOOD for me... He heheheheee
Once i start back at the gym , eating better will be easier for me bcus my body doesnt crave the bad stuff...

Offline wishful

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2008, 10:34:57 am »
ok scratch the cofee n fruit...im having frosted mini wheats n 2% milk right now...YUM

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2008, 12:46:44 pm »
So far I've had a granola bar for lunch, but I think I'm going to have something else in a little while.  Not sure what; if it wasn't for worrying about my sugar crashing, I wouldn't eat anything until supper.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2008, 01:49:16 pm »
I went to Denny's with my son this morning and had the Moons over my hammie.  Sourdough sandwich with scrambled egg and cheese.

I only ate half the sandwich and half the hashbrowns and a coke. I got the rest in a to go box.

Got home and sweet heart was in bed still burning up with a fever. Got him to take some Tylenol.

I am typing with one hand right now. I got my grand baby sleeping on my chest.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2008, 02:57:50 pm »
Very adorable baby.  I did have an applesauce.  I'm probably going to eat in a couple hours. Not sure what yet.

Offline minismom

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2008, 03:11:39 pm »
I was with you this morning, Win.  We went to Eat n Park for breakfast.  I was a good girl (sort of) and ate some potatoes, 1 biscuit, 2pcs of bacon, 2 glasses of water, 2 waffles w/ syrup.  But, I didnt' eat lunch and so far haven't had any snacks.  For supper tonight we're having crazy baked pasta and fresh Italian bread.  My tummy is growling and I'm getting a headache.  I need to watch my sugar..a headache is a big sign that it's crashing.  I need to eat a banana and maybe some chocolate milk to boost it back up.

My body feels like it got run over by a mack truck - then it backed up over me ;)

Keep it up, TBs!  I think this is a great idea!!!

winn - is that the new grandbaby?  She's growing so fast!
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2008, 05:58:03 pm »
Winn- The baby is so beautiful! :)

I forgot to post last night.

Yesterday I had 2 coffees, leftover chicken salad for lunch, and a tuna melt for supper.  Yogurt and banana for a snack.

Today, coffee(with water :) ...Thanks, Betty), went out to lunch with SO and had a small steak and cheese, with some cheese bread sticks.  The kids had Mickey D's I haven't eaten supper yet?

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2008, 06:46:56 pm »
Yep, she is a month old now. I was surprised how big she had gotten. Its only been a little over a week since I saw her last and she has plumped up.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2008, 06:55:47 pm »
what a sweet baby!
if I hadn't lived in Japan, I wouldn't even know what Denny's was....
I totally and I mean totally effed up with my food today, it always starts good and ends bad for me. I had yogurt, honey & pear for breakfast, salad with chicken and pasta for lunch, 350 gr. of carrots, and for dinner big plate of rice with pork, beans & peas in coconut milk and green curry. oh & 1 coffee, 3 capuccinos, a beer can, glass of OJ, and glass of milk, + about 100 gr of chocolate (600 cals right there) and again half a packet of picos  :-\. everything was fine until after dinner, and I know I always eat from distress. My back hurts so I didn't excercise at all today.
Next week I am going away but when I come back I will get on a real diet, there'll be no more beer or snacks or chocolate. Ok maybe some chocolate, but not in the house. I'm OK if I eat these things outside, but if I have them in the house or in my office, I totally overdo it.

Good luck everybody, tomorrow's a new day...
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 06:57:24 pm by Dragonette »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2008, 06:58:24 pm »
LOL ya'l dont even want to know what I ate for dinner. I skipped lunch so dinner was a binge eat that ads up to about 600 calories.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2008, 07:30:32 pm »
Well, for supper I ate this frozen dinner called 'Amy's Organic Cheese and Vegetable Pasta Shells,' a garlic breadstick and 1/2 a banana.  That will probably hold me until around 8:00 or so when the late-evening free-for-all begins (with food).  Damn it, why can't I have a perfect body and eat what the hell I want to.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2008, 07:36:06 pm »
I'm thinking the diarrhea might help with my over eating this evening LOL

Offline minismom

« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008, 10:47:34 pm »
For supper, I ended up eating 2 pieces of toast and some ham i had sliced at the deli and my cup of chocolate milk.  Not the best in the world, but I wasn't in the mood for pasta.  I won't snack before I go to bed.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2008, 11:34:24 am »
Well, this morning before I ate breakfast I did a Billy Blank workout.  Do you ladies know who he is?  He is a ruthless exercise instructor (kidding).  I guess he's a tae-bo instructor.  Well, I did as much of it as I could.

For breakfast, I had 1/2 a bagel w/cream chesse (yes, the regular kind), 1/2 a banana and 1/2 a small glass of milk.  I'm actually liking the way I'm feeling in the last few days. 

I also aired out my apartment b/c of the cigarette smoke smell (which I absolutely cannot stand), so I'm forcing myself to go outside if I want to smoke.  Which cuts down on the cigarettes, especially today.  It's only in the 30's.  Hopefully this will help.  Keep you fingers crossed.........

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2008, 02:53:32 pm »
Hey sorry i haven't been here y'all ..But to answer your question Betty Meridia is a weight loss pill that (one of the best on the market) That helps you body burn fat You doctor will need to prescribe it. It took me 5 years to get it! I lost 6 pounds in a month of it!! I am not doing it again though...I oly did it because I am 5'6 and now I am 280. I dont want to be thin I like my size 22's i was never skinny to begin with but i mainly took it to improve my health..
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2008, 04:03:44 pm »
OK, ok.  I got a little refund from the school.  So I took a friend and myself to a local steakhouse.  I had a New York strip, a baked sweet potato, and a salad.  I ate 1/2 of everything and brought the other 1/2 home.  Then I went to the local Fannie May store, b/c they have buy 1 get 1 free on their spring assortment, and got some candy.  But I only ate two pieces.  So that's better than what I would have done. 

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2008, 05:53:49 pm »
UUUGHhh.  I am craving choclate right now! :-[

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »
I ate the other half of that ham, cheese and egg sandwich this morning. I had a handful of vegi potato crisps at lunch and a piece of french bread slathered in spaghetti sauce and italian blend cheese for dinner.

I don't know if I'll eat anything else. Guess it depends on whether something catches my fancy.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.