Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 03:25:31 pm

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773300
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 641
Total: 641

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: white women  (Leído 9680 veces)

Desconectado MadTX

white women
« en: Octubre 29, 2008, 08:28:23 pm »
Why is there no information about white women and HIV. Does this not happen often? Did anyone contract from a one night stand?

Desconectado Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: white women
« Respuesta #1 en: Octubre 29, 2008, 08:43:55 pm »
Mad,

I'm of the pale variety, a woman, and I'm hiv positive - are you? To post in this forum you should be positive and a woman. It would be nice if you introduced yourself.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Desconectado emeraldize

« Respuesta #2 en: Octubre 30, 2008, 07:45:54 am »
Mad,

I'm of the pale variety, a woman, and I'm hiv positive - are you? To post in this forum you should be positive and a woman. It would be nice if you introduced yourself.

Ann

Ditto. Are you a woman? If not, and you want to post this in Off Topic, why not state what motivates your inquiry? You leave us to deduce that you MIGHT be a white woman and that you MIGHT believe you contracted HIV from a one-night stand. Leaping ahead, since I'm here...yes you could contract if from a one-night stand and as to the demographic breakdowns, you might check the CDC website for Caucasian vs African-American infection rates. To me, it matters less about white vs non-white infections than it does about communicating that racial color is neither a barrier nor welcome mat to HIV. If you are an HIV-positive white woman then you should know you are not alone.

Desconectado 27years

• What I did for love I will still do it for love
« Respuesta #3 en: Octubre 30, 2008, 09:17:21 am »
Am not sure about your motive about colour labelling HIV, it affects every colour the same way.  One night stand, an hour, minute, etc without a condom you can still get HIV.
Nobody dies a virgin life screws us all up

Desconectado yasoza

« Respuesta #4 en: Octubre 30, 2008, 06:43:28 pm »
really mad!! to talk about colour and HIV
what you think of getting the bug is only one stand? if you are a woma consider your man!is he 100% faithful to you? ??? besides that,are you careful enough yourself? ???

Desconectado peregrine

• I live in the fire & I extinguish it!
« Respuesta #5 en: Noviembre 19, 2008, 02:28:49 pm »
I am not certain about the demography, but I am a positive female caucasian.  I got infected from my steady partner. 
I can understand your question because at least in the clinics that I have visited I rarely encounter other white females.  It doesn't bother me but I guess it makes you feel a bit odd or rare. 
Anyway, the general advice which pertains to ANYONE who is poz is to get the proper medical care, lab tests and take your meds, if needed, as prescribed. 
Please feel contact me if you need any other info.
Love and Prayers,
Peregrine

Desconectado kajnjewel

• Living Life with a Passion!
« Respuesta #6 en: Noviembre 21, 2008, 12:23:35 am »
I, too, am a caucasian that was infected in 89 when there were very few women period coming forth to be tested.  In fact, I even had a doctor tell me that since I was a woman I didn't need to get tested.  Boy was he wrong!  I do understand the question.  Since sometimes we feel alone but please know that this disease is no respect of person, sex, age, color, etc.

HIV tends to affect women differently but not necessarily  according to race or creed.

When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced; live your life in such a manner that when you die, the world will cry and you will rejoice!

bleueyes

• Visitante
« Respuesta #7 en: Noviembre 22, 2008, 02:26:27 am »
I would like to point out that maybe you should choose someone based on the conversation to be friends with. Because finding a friend based on if they are white, that's like limiting yourself on finding a good friend. And who you are is not in your post here. Whatever your situation, HIV is every place you go.
The way it is spread is through not testing. People go around with it and don't know it.
I myself am HIV positive and in a monogamous relationship with an HIV positive man. My child is not positive, but is I guarantee 100% safe around us.
I don't know who you are, but I seriously think you need to be more informative. 

« última modificación: Noviembre 22, 2008, 03:04:39 am por bleueyes »

bleueyes

• Visitante
« Respuesta #8 en: Noviembre 22, 2008, 02:38:15 am »
really mad!! to talk about colour and HIV
what you think of getting the bug is only one stand? if you are a woma consider your man!is he 100% faithful to you? ??? besides that,are you careful enough yourself? ???

You should not allow yourself to get hurt or upset, (If you were). This person has not even introduced themselves yet.
« última modificación: Noviembre 22, 2008, 03:00:51 am por bleueyes »

Desconectado Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Respuesta #9 en: Noviembre 22, 2008, 07:34:48 am »
I'd like to point out that "MadTX" hasn't logged in to the forum since they started this thread. I have a feeling they're not going to be back, but was just some "tourist" asking strange questions. ~shrug~ It happens.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.