Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:27:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 337
Total: 337

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Do any of you know how many meds you've taken thur the yrs.  (Read 79381 times)

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
Re: 20 years of treatment, 18 different medications.
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2013, 06:58:13 pm »
Reading everyone's lists reminds me of playing the "Alphabet Game" when we'd drive on a long trip. You picked the first letter off of billboards as the parents drove. Whoever saw it first got it. The absolute hardest was finding a "Z" but surprisingly there were a few.

Not that that has anything to do with the topic at hand...

Dean
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2013, 08:33:25 pm »
same list, just the dates have changed
21 yrs treatment, 17 medications
(positive 29 yrs)
19 yrs of treatment, 17 medications
(positive 26 yrs)

Epivir, Epzicom, Emtriva, Retrovir/AZT, Truvada, Videx, Videx EC, Viread, Zerit, Ziagen, Viracept, Norvir (liquid, gelcap, pill), Sustiva, Viramune, Crixivan, Kaletra (liquid, gelcap), Reyataz
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2013, 08:45:32 pm »

I got to say, my list is very short.  28 years of living with HIV, but only on treatment a little over 10 years, one month.

Started on Zerit, Viramune and Epivir,  and was only on that briefly.  Also had a 3 week to a month stretch on AZT, The AZT was substituted for the zerit and was taken along with Viramune and Epivir until that was changed. AZT was dropped for
Abacavir.

Viread,was added as a 4th drug, along with Epzicom and Viramune and was on that for about 4 or 5 years. Then I decided to drop the Viread.

But after that, still on

Viramune and Epzicom.

I won't count all those antibiotics of Dapsone, Bactrim, Zithromax, Valtrex, Cipro,  Prednisone  ugh.... and all the Tylenol back in 2003.

Ray

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2013, 08:55:38 pm »
All I can remember is AZT , Stoli Vodka and cocaine and the rest is a blur .

I cant remember those early drugs but they were all nasty . DDI and there was one drug that made me crap just looking at the pills . I had the most horrible luck with meds up until Atripla and considered the suicidal tendency's of that drug a vast improvement to anything before that . Kind of sad but I kept my sense of humor through it all at least .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2013, 09:07:36 pm »
On meds since Jan of 97

Zidovudine (AZT)
Epivir (3TC)
Viread
Videx
Sustiva
Viramune
Kaletra
Atripla
Norvir
Viracept
Prezista

I am probably missing some.

The worse for me was the chewable Videx. YUCK!!
Currently on Complera

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2013, 08:59:36 am »
AZT & DDI as well as saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase) (gel caps) I knew i forgot one of them  ::)

so that brings my total up to 19 different medications, I'm sure there was other stuff I took, but I cannot recall as it eludes my memory  :-\

and those horrid Norvir (gel caps) were the worse of them all....

Also that blue Viracept (Nelfinavir Mesylate) would turn your month all blue and yucky looking and scare the be-jesus outta your date or family members,

some kids would cry when they saw that, adults would run outta the room  :(

ahh memories, at least those that anyone of us can remember  :-X
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2013, 01:06:40 pm »
I think this is my complete list (alphabetical):  was Fortovase the same as Invirase?  I'm not real clear on that....

Combivir
Emtriva
Epivir (3TC)
Hivid (ddC)
Invirase
Isentresss
Norvir - capsules
Norvir - liquid
Prezista
Retrovir (AZT)
Sustiva
Truvada
Viracept
Viramune
Viread
Zerit (d4T)
Ziagen

Currently on Isentress, Prezista/Norvir

ALAN
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2013, 04:11:09 pm »
Haven't we done this exact same thread previously?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2013, 05:35:23 pm »
If I cannot renember what drugs I am on its quite likely I might repeart threads .

That could be a good nic name for a senile fashion freak,s.  repeat threads.

good nite all
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2013, 05:36:39 pm »
If I cannot renember what drugs I am on its quite likely I might repeart threads .

That could be a good nic name for a senile fashion freak,s.  repeat threads.

good nite all

Quite excellent.   ;D  I thought the same thing.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2013, 07:16:35 pm »
Haven't we done this exact same thread previously?
for a while, this seemed like a yearly thread as we had this topic in 2010 (Oct, started by Surf18) and then again in 2011 (Mar, coincidentally started by our current OP).

However, we missed 2012 completely and nearly got to the end of 2013 before this topic resurfuraced.  At least those old threads didn't return as zombies. LOL

repeat threads
the perfect name for a vintage/resale clothing store ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline denb45

« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2013, 07:31:08 pm »
I think it's important not to forget what some of us LTS had to endure w/ some of the older HIV-durgs,

and it's something that the younger or newly infected need to read about, it's a part of our history, and relevant & germain to this LTS thread,

no matter how many times it's repeated, the point is we must all remember what we can, and NEVER FORGET where we came from

it's our appointed duty to keep this thread ALIVE  ;)
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mitch777

« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:11 pm »
I think it's important not to forget what some of us LTS had to endure w/ some of the older HIV-durgs,

and it's something that the younger or newly infected need to read about, it's a part of our history, and relevant & germain to this LTS thread,

no matter how many times it's repeated, the point is we must all remember what we can, and NEVER FORGET where we came from

it's our appointed duty to keep this thread ALIVE  ;)

This whole site is history in the making. Not sure who will look back when a cure is found but real life stories here do make a difference whether it comes from us LTS or the newly indoctrinated.

Our lives past and present expressed from the heart speak volumes... even the humor of it all.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2013, 08:10:44 pm »

After looking at the older thread, I forgot that the AZT I was taking, was in Trizivir.

So add Trizivir to my list, That was the one I was on for about a month.

Ray   
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline charlesEdgar

Re: Do any of you know how many meds you've taken thur the yrs.
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:44 pm »
I was infected on April 19, 1991 and by the following August I had AIDS. The following is a list of the medications I have taken:
AZT, DDC, DDI, D4T, Epivir, Viramune, Saquinavir, Viracept, Sustiva, Agenerase, Kaletra, Reyataz, Hydrea, Intelence, Isentress, Prezista and Norvir.

Quite an interesting list of medications. I was lucky in that I didn't experience the side effects that were so made life miserable for many people. Then again the only reason I am still alive is because I designed all my own regimens based on my belief that the battle with HIV is Darwinian in nature, evolution at hyper-speed.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2013, 10:42:03 pm »
I was infected on April 19, 1991 and by the following August I had AIDS. The following is a list of the medications I have taken:
AZT, DDC, DDI, D4T, Epivir, Viramune, Saquinavir, Viracept, Sustiva, Agenerase, Kaletra, Reyataz, Hydrea, Intelence, Isentress, Prezista and Norvir.

Quite an interesting list of medications. I was lucky in that I didn't experience the side effects that were so made life miserable for many people. Then again the only reason I am still alive is because I designed all my own regimens based on my belief that the battle with HIV is Darwinian in nature, evolution at hyper-speed.

Welcolme to the forums Charles! An unusual first place to post but good as any I guess. lol. :)
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2013, 02:13:46 am »

Straight out of an 80's lecture on sexualism? Sorry, but as a first post, oh well....
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »
Zidovudine (AZT) 4 times a day and Hydrozyurea (twice a day) made all of my body hair, chest, legs fall-out, and made me sick & weak

Videx (ddI) twice a day (crushed up w/ water added) made me hurl, and give my horrible GERD, I still have this today

Crixivan twice a day ( 4 tabs a day) messed up my kidneys and give my stage 3 renal problems, along w/ kidney stones

APTIVUS, Kaletra, Norvir and saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase) (gel caps)  4 tabs a day give me diarrhea

I still have GI disease even today, and a lot of joint inflammation, as well a neuropathy in my feet & hands

also I have Cognitive Dysfunction all of witch is part of my  SSDI- disability

so I cannot really connect the dots to well here, but I'm guessing that some of these older meds caused most these problems, but I know that the above statement is up for debate

^ discuss ^ 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2013, 06:38:48 am »
Welcome Charles, great first Post . Would you describe yourself as Darwinian ? I know that for a lot off people his work helps on many levels.

I guess another reason subjects are going to be repeated is that new folks are going to come along and for them it will not be so new. Thank the Gods that members like Miss P have I imagine a hyper powerful computer memory bank to back up there own sharp memories and past discussions can be found and shared again.

I can know do my own list as although I cannot bring to memory the names off the drugs I can recognize the ones I have taken. I think its linked to my having a good vocabulary and the most dire spelling , spell check is truly my saviour.

Now I am wondering if you are safe and sound with your family David, or are MrWumps remarks about your driving mean ish.

What a rambling post so I end with
Welcome Charles
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2013, 10:48:20 am »
I got saw that something unusal happened to this thread overnight. how come this thread got merged into that older thread? Does this mean we shouldn't start new threads? It's like the walking dead and this thread got bit and turned into a zombie thread. LOL  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Theyer

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2013, 10:53:16 am »
Good modding thanks mods .

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2013, 11:03:15 am »
I got saw that something unusal happened to this thread overnight. how come this thread got merged into that older thread? Does this mean we shouldn't start new threads? It's like the walking dead and this thread got bit and turned into a zombie thread. LOL  :D

It just makes sense to have it all in one place .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline denb45

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2013, 11:05:05 am »

Well Mikie, and Jeff, you know what they say

dementia is a real bitch for some of us

old folks & seniors, I'm trying, and doing doing my best  :-[

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2013, 12:17:27 pm »

All the better to accrue "I Suffered More" points, no?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Theyer

« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2013, 06:14:55 am »

People need to be able to state what they are going through. As time goes on and hopefully we as a supportive group tackle the shit off aging, earlier cognative failure,s , cancer,s , surgery,s there will be suffering.

And perhaps at times some might become stuck unable to see other paths and for some there will be no choices.

Those off us reading that Pain will also have to manage how it affects us , and think how our comments affect others who are not as fortunate to be say enjoying a break away from the city with there family.

I think you are better than the above comment, David. However I am angry at it.

Michael.

Offline denb45

« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2013, 10:18:31 am »

As usual you miss the point on what this thread is all about, it's not a competition, and it certainly isn't about who suffers (suffered more) I think we all endured a lot with these older drugs, and still feel some
of the affects  ;)

HUGS

DEN

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2013, 03:24:22 pm »
Must everything be a pissing contest?  I don't think so.  No "poor me" intended, we are simply listing our med history.  Sheesh...
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Theyer

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2013, 07:27:53 am »
Must everything be a pissing contest?  I don't think so.  No "poor me" intended, we are simply listing our med history.  Sheesh...

Exactly.

Anyway an end. ( for me at least )

I have decided to draw and have digitally embroidered ala Boy/Girl Scout badges the names off drugs and illnesses , then off course there will need to be Shirts , Throw,s---David can take Throw division --- Frames to display the Badges , whatever Big Butch folk can make sustainable wood display cabinets.

One can be a walking history or have there own discreet private Gallery.  The problems over disclosure would be a thing off the past and It could certainly help with performance anxiety if possable desired person could cast an eye over what you have recovered from.

This will then fiance my road movie tour off you all and those who post but cannot play here but either have beautiful personalities, dogs, or are just Disgustingly rich and opt to fling the stuff at me .

That will win Oscar for Best Documentary.

We can all go and hold the AMG in West Hollywood or somewhere on the coast a bit out off LA. Oh what the Hell one party place one county/sea side place.

Then I will think off what to do next.

Love you ALL

Michael h t v.

Offline guitargal

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2013, 12:42:39 pm »
this thread started in 2011!
if i can remember i will add my list..

tested pos in 1992
What a long strange trip it's been

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2013, 03:54:28 pm »
this thread started in 2011!
it's kinda  "part two" of that older thread. This thread started a short time ago and then got merged a few days ago. It's kinda the opposite of the Walking Dead - the zombie thread has been brought back to life. LOL  ;D

if i can remember i will add my list..
tested pos in 1992
a cheat sheet to help you put together your list  ;)
(I started meds in 92 and am coming closer to 52, so i'm curious to compare our lists LOL)
leatherman (aka Michael)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2014, 03:43:25 pm »
What better way than to resurface here and participate by resurrecting a zombie thread.

I guess I should update my post since I recently switched to Atripla from Epzicom and Sustiva (after being on it since its inception).
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline mrtoad

« Reply #81 on: August 17, 2014, 05:34:40 pm »
your count of 19 is no doubt close to mine.I don't know for sure and would hurt my small brain to remember all of them.Good ole nueropathy causing azt was the first though.
Lee
prezista with a kick from norvir,
Truvada, Intellence. celexa,xanax.Revolving statin

Offline guitargal

« Reply #82 on: August 18, 2014, 12:47:41 am »
what a long strange trip it's been…

Zidovudine (AZT)  diagnosed Nov 1992
Hivid (ddC) short time shooting pain in spine..
Videx (ddI)
Zerit (d4T)
(pancreatius in 1997)
Epivir (3TC)
Viread
Viramune
Norvir
crixavan
Viracept
TRUVADA
Isentress
Complera
Srtibild

abacavir 3tc  (epzicon) current meds
tivicay  current med

whew! i hear they are combining abc/lamividuine(epzicom)  and tivicay in one pill! coming soon !
What a long strange trip it's been

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #83 on: September 02, 2014, 03:30:25 pm »
I just happened to fill out a form for a clinical study which asked for my med history. I had never summarized it before, and it took me by surprise. So here's my list as a 25+ year survivor, on treatment 25 of those years. Basically 19 HIV meds (4 current, 15 past). And I'm not including the non-HIV stuff like stuff for hyperlipidemia etc. like lipitor and tricor which I've taken for years.

AZT
DDI
Adefovir (anyone remember this "lovely" short-lived drug? Ugh.)
Effavirenz
Abacavir
Amprenavir
Epivir
D4T
Loprinavor
Kaletra
Viread
Emtriva
Lexiva
Crixivan (Another ugh: hair loss, kidney stones)
Saquinavir

Current meds:
Prezista
Intelence
Isentress
Norvir
Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Offline idee

• Hi...
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2014, 01:48:34 pm »
I have taken many medications. I started in 1995. I don't recall which ones, but it's in my charts. I do remember something called DDC or DDI. It made me have this horrible body odor. Even my friends disowned me. I was glad when it quit working. I took up to four showers a day and it did not help. The pill looked like a smaller Alka-Seltzer and white. I do remember it tasted horrible with Sprite.

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2020, 04:39:03 pm »
Wow, this was a great way to test my memory   ::)

The only way I could remember was in groups of the various regimens.  I think I remembered them all, LOL

Viramune, Epivir, AZT

Viracept, Zerit, Epivir

Ziagen, Combivir

Zerit, Epivir, Ziagen, Rescriptor, Viread (replaced Zerit or Epivir eventually?)

Kaletra, Sustiva, Zerit

Epivir, Zerit, Sustiva

Epzicom, Sustiva

Atripla

Current: Biktarvy

It's been quite some time since I've been around these parts.  I had to test to see if senility would allow me to remember my log-in information, and also decided to update my meds.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 04:41:16 pm by Solo_LTSurvivor »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.