Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:21:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 337
Total: 338

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fang's Thanksgiving  (Read 4018 times)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Fang's Thanksgiving
« on: November 27, 2006, 12:27:01 am »
Fang had a great Thanksgiving, she got a special can of gourmet cat food, that had white meat chicken, vegetables, and other stuff.....it was over twice as expensive as her normal food, and of course, she LOVED it.   She has good taste...she likes the expensive stuff.

This is us on my birthday. (she hates having her picture made)

I'm thankful for her, and for all the AIDSmeds pets.   They make life interesting, don't they?

hugs,

Alan

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2006, 12:37:16 am by AlanBama »
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Teresa

Re: Fang's Thanksgiving
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 12:35:43 am »
I must say that you and fang look mighty dapper together in that photo!

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:38:08 am »
Nice picture Alan!

(not only dapper Teresa, but a handsome cuss too  ;))

Sadly Alan, you've "broken the seal"......Fang will expect only the gourmet stuff from here on out.   It's quite clear to me who rules THAT roost  :D

Hugs,
John

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 05:20:57 am »
Hi Alan

I agree with John, she has you right where she wants you, there's no going back now..she is one spoiled pussy cat.

Love the photo..I always said you were a handsome man

Hugs to you my dear friend and fang to.

Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Nadine

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 05:43:32 am »
Alan,

Thanks for sharing the pic with us. Fang looks as if she's ready to bolt out of your arms any second. Cats are funny creatures, when they want to love you up, doesn't mater what you're doing, they expect it, but you just try to get them to do something when they aren't in the mood and watch out! They are kind of like women in that respect  :D

I will agree with the others,you are one handsome fellow. Fang is not too bad herself. We had a tomcat that looked just like her, he lived to be almost 21.

HUGS,
Nadine

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 08:46:29 am »
Cute picture  :)  I plan to hug both of you one of these days! She is one special kitty. Love reading her 'cattitude' stories

Lotsa love
Alex

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 09:00:24 am »
Alan,

John's absolutely right.

Oh you are so going to regret giving Fang a taste of the good stuff!   ::)  She'll be pitching a fit from this day forward, refusing anything but!  Just remember buddy, you made that bed, now she'll be insisting you sleep in it!  No use fighting it, you know darn well who's going to win that battle!

RAB   ;)

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 10:42:52 am »
Alan,

Great photo. You look very handsome. The lens doesn't lie, remember.

As for Fang, well honey, you have opened Pandora's box. Now, she is going to want to good stuff. Been there.

My cat Agatha would turn her nose up at many foods, especially anything that faintly resembled seafood. She hated fish.

Yep, that was me, reading cat food labels in the grocery store. People thought I was nuts.

They are probably right.

HUGS and a nice rub behind the ears for Fang,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 12:31:56 pm »
Alan,
   It's true, you and Mis Fang are pretty spiffy looking in that photo. And don't worry, if she is spoiled by the good stuff, remain firm in feeding the old stuff. When she's hungry enough, she'll eat it. Glad you had a great holiday.
   capt.Carl.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Christine

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 05:17:49 pm »
Your photo is so cute! Fang has been exposed to the good life, there is no going back now! Next she will be expecting service on a silver platter, then comes her personal mouse shopper...oh and don't forget about the diamond collar!! :)
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 05:51:44 pm »
That's one scary killer cat you're holding there, Alan.

No wonder you're smiling and looking spiffy with Fang guarding you!

Cheers,

Andy Velez

Dan J.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 07:23:46 pm »
Alan,

Your looking very handsome in this photo. & your pussy looks nice too! LOL  ::)

Love,

Dan :-*

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 07:28:37 pm »
I put her dinner down tonight, and she looked at me like "you expect me to eat this slop?".

That's all she's getting though (for now)  I am too tired to go to the store.

hugs,

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Jody

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 07:39:22 pm »
Don't let Bailey see that cat !!! :D

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Basquo

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 09:05:28 pm »
Don't tell me it was that Can-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named but the metal is turquoise (if that's it you'll know it, the actual metal of the can is what they call "Niobium?" )

Cora got down on that stuff, really went to town with it whenever I splurged for it, and the fish varieties are so deli-smellicious that I actually tasted it myself once and decided I could serve it on crackers and my richer kinfolks would eat it! And now that Cora's not around to entertain me, well, left to my own devices I probably will!

You are blessed to have Fang in your life, but more so is she... :-*

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 11:59:55 am »
Basquo,
   Do it do it do it! I've done something similar once, and even though I was wracked with guilt afterwards, it was a guilt trip that was worth it!
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.