HIV Prevention and Testing > How Can I Prevent HIV?

I'm UD, But Blood beacause of Bad gum can infectious?

(1/2) > >>

Minimua:
Hello, I tested Poz in 2017 H2
Also UD in 2018 1/4 with taking Genvoya.
However, initial My VL detected 40 in August 2019 then I get my VL undetected in March 2020.

I have a BF who is Negative. We haven't did anal sex but oral sex & kissing. What I scared about infection. My gum is bad when I brush my teeth with blood.
Recently, My BF have had a dry cough for one week and small rash with itchy.
I'm very afraid about my BF's infection

Please give advice for me. Thanks😭

Marcanthony:
Your VL has always been small, you say 40 copies then Ud?

If this is the case itís highly unlikely youíve passed it on , as the U=U was done on VL under 200. But if youíre both worried the only real way to know is to get tested.

Good luck to you both

Minimua:
Oh thank you for Ur reply!
My VL result in fisrt case was almost 80k.
5 months later, My VL was UD

Jim Allen:
Hiya

Welcome to the forum, I moved this thread & question to the prevention area, considering the question is regarding transmission fears.

Oral covers so many things, but, ill presuming he gave you a blowjob so it would only be a minute risk even if you were not on treatment and kissing is not a concern, however, you are on treatment and UD so there was no HIV transmission risk.

To clarify and confirm what Macanthony said a VL of 40 is also UD both in terms of treatment and the U=U statement.

See a person living with HIV (PLHIV), who is on Antiretroviral Therapy (ART) and has achieved an undetectable viral load* in their blood for at least 6 months, can not sexually transmit HIV.

This is also known as Undetectable = Untransmittable (U=U)

(*undetectable viral load for U=U is defined as less than 200 copies/milliliter)
https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=71864.0

I hope your BF feels better soon, but if what you posted is correct it is not HIV from you. He should see a doctor and treat whatever is making him sick instead of stressing about it.

Best, Jim

Minimua:
Thanks Jim. A good Answer for me.
I just heard my BF noticed Shingles.
Can shingles can be existed acute HIV syptoms?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version