Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:24:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 466
Total: 468

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Please read!! I can't take this!! Hiv+?? Please help me  (Read 4220 times)

Offline Valleypalms

• Standard
Please read!! I can't take this!! Hiv+?? Please help me
« on: February 18, 2013, 12:49:04 pm »
I meet a girl in October 2012. She was 35 and I'm 24. We hung out twice and the third time we hung out was October 31 2012. That nite we went to hotel and spent nite there. We did have sex three separate times that nite.. I do no I use a condom each time and I don't recall it breaking. I got oral sex from her two time but only for a few seconds each time with no condom. After that nite(oct 31 2012) we never talked again.she told me she was neg..she did have a bunch of tats and I no for a fact she slept around a lot..after that I didn't think much of it. Ten days later I got back with ex whom I left for a couple weeks. I never told her about my sex encounter on oct 31. Me and her had sex unprotected on November 15th and 3 times that month unprotected that month. I did ejaculate all times inside her. My concern is January 1st 2013 I heard that girl I had sex with on oct31 might have had hiv!! To think about it I really wasn't sure if she was infected!! My gf had a antigen test done for hiv and hiv 2.. They came back negative January 5th 2013. Does that mean we are ok? She has no idea of my concern and I'm to scared to test..we had sex nov 15th and she tested jan5 antigen came back neg..am I ok?? I no I can't use her status but whats my chances???
Vman

Offline RapidRod

Re: Please read!! I can't take this!! Hiv+?? Please help me
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 12:56:55 pm »
You never had an exposure in the situations you've provided. You had protected vaginal sex and oral sex does not transmit HIV.

Offline Valleypalms

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 01:09:05 pm »
Thank u for the reply..I just have bad anxiety..I don't think I have any syptoms but one.ive developed they small red bumps on my arms here and there..they don't itch and I read its a symptom of hiv and I can't stop worrying about it...I have had about 4 red bumps on my left arm and three on my right but there small..two of them left a smal scar
Vman

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 01:11:21 pm »
If your bumps concern you see a dermatologist, they have nothing to do with HIV.

Offline Valleypalms

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 01:17:40 pm »
As you can see I have really bad anxiety. So can u give me your input on my gf being negative jan 5th?? Does it sound ok to you? Nov15th when we had unproved sex to jan 5th is safe?? 6weeks?? Also is there a way I can show you my bumps??
Vman

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 01:23:26 pm »
Reread the replies you have been given. NO EXPOSURE....

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2013, 02:19:23 pm »
If I am reading your entries correctly you have had unprotected intercourse. And you have not yourself been tested. If that is so you ought to get tested at 3 months past the most recent unprotected incident. You should never be depending upon someone else's negative test as a way to know your own status.

As the insertive partner you are at less risk than the receptive partner. Oral sex is not a risk for HIV.

You should not be having unprotected intercourse with anyone unless you are in a securely monogamous relationship both have agreed to and both partners have tested negative at a reliable testing point.

Please clarify if I have misunderstood anything about your details.
Andy Velez

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:39 pm »
He had protected vaginal sex and has no recollection of the condom failing.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2013, 03:21:21 pm »
If I am reading your entries correctly you have had unprotected intercourse. And you have not yourself been tested. If that is so you ought to get tested at 3 months past the most recent unprotected incident. You should never be depending upon someone else's negative test as a way to know your own status.

It would appear from further scrutiny that the OP had protected sex with the partner of unknown status, then has had unprotected sex with his girlfriend, with whom he was recently reunited - but who appears also to be a person of unknown status as there was a breakup in which the OP, at least, was physically intimate with another female.

Your advice is sound. The responsible thing for them both to do, if theyu are going to be exclusive from this point forward, is to test, wait three months, then test again before engaging in unprotected sex.

The notion that "some girls" and "some guys" get HIV and others are inherently invulnerable is a leading cause of new infections.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »
I stand corrected, I over looked the EX... Please follow Andy's advice.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.