Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:12:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 387
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 334
Total: 335

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Not doing too good right now.  (Read 8417 times)

Offline purpledragonfly

Not doing too good right now.
« on: August 28, 2006, 04:34:35 pm »
Hi forum family. I am not doing to good right now, I have been having breathing problems for about a month and a half. Finally decided to go to the hospitals er about a week ago, they gave me a breathing treatment and an exray and said i would be fine. Called my dr. that next Monday and found out he was gone till the 29 of this month. Had to go back to the er this last week. They told me i have COPD, gave me a zpack and put me on steriod pills. I saw a dr. today, i am doing better but the breathing still is bad in this weather we are having here in Indiana. I know i will get better but what has me down is that my cd4 count went down from 746 to 463 that has me worried but they say it is from the COPD and they will go back up.I know that but for some reason i am still worried. I also have been under stress from a relationship i think i am in. Right now i am not sure and am also not sure if he is telling me the truth on things. I know a lot of you do not pray and all but if you could pray or send some good vibes my way i would surely love it. I want to get my support group up and going and i can't if i am not feeling well.So please say a prayer or send me some good vibes i will love it.

Love Wendy

Offline Life

• Member 2005
Re: Not doing too good right now.
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 04:48:26 pm »
Wendy,  your cd4's will rebound !  Your body is just dealing with COPD right now.  I know what it feels like and have been there...  Give the antibiotics some time and be sure to run the full course as Px'd!  If you have alergies stay in doors and keep water in the air by a humidifier.. Stay out of dry weather if that exists where you live honey...  You put a relationship on top of all this, boy,  one thing at a time..  Put that on hold for awhile for any kind of resolution.  Just be good to yourself and things WILL get better..   I do beleive in the power of prayer, and Wendy,  your there honey!!!

Be good to yourself!!

Love

Offline frenchpat

• Love your friends, don't eat them.
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 04:51:50 pm »
Hi Wendy,

Sorry to hear you are down but you still manage to have many more cd's than me ;) I am sure they'll go back up as soon as you get better.
I was never very good with the praying bit but I do sit still at times and try to send good vibes around, so I'll do just that, and keep you in my thoughts. Hope the vibes travel all the way from France to Indiana :-*

Get well soon

Pat
People have the power - Patti Smith

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2006, 04:54:14 pm »
Hi Wendy,

I know we don't know each other, but I want to extend my concerns for what you're going through right now. It sounds like quite a challenge. I do pray, and right now I pray this "prayer" for you:

I wish you roses in the Spring
fledglings on the wing
fireflies that sing your name
I wish you flowers in the grass
memories that last
shelter from the passing rain

I wish you joy
I wish you joy
I wish you joy

I hope the wind is at your back
keeping you on track
that you never lack for love
I hope you walk beside your heart
even in the dark
guided by the stars above

I wish you love
I wish you love
I wish you love

So wherever you may roam
out there on your own
home is just a heart away

I wish you joy
I wish you joy
I wish you joy

JOY
Janis Ian (2006)

Take good care,

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 05:35:22 pm »
Wendy,

You are in my prayers! I hope you get to feeling better soon.

As for the guy...go with your head and not your heart.

Take it easy and get plenty of rest.

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 05:44:02 pm »
... thinking of you....

Offline Eldon

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 06:07:28 pm »
Hello Wendy, it is Eldon. I am sending positive vibes your way and I will say a prayer for you.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 06:29:40 pm »
Hi Wendy,

Wishing you a speedy recovery !! Hope you start feeling better soon. Take care of yourself.

All the best----------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 07:00:15 pm »
Dear Wendy,

My thoughts and my heart are with you through this, as always.

You are a warrior-ess, and will battle successfully through this tribulation.

Kisses and <<<HUGS>>> MY DARLIN',

Love,

Zeph :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline brandy

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2006, 07:02:50 pm »
hey Wendy,
just wondered where in Inidana you were, as i am in lafayette.
are  you anywhere nearby?
brandy

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2006, 07:33:05 pm »
Sending you good thoughts and wishing you well very very soon

Hugs,

Shane
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline angels4kelly

• IT JUST IS!!.....OKAY!
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2006, 07:38:35 pm »
Dear Wendy,
I, for one, most definitely DO! BELIEVE IN THE POWER OF PRAYER!!

Please take comfort in KNOWING, without a doubt, you will be in my prayers!

Things will get better.

Feel better soon!

Peace,
Kelly

POSITIVE SINCE-10/1990
CD4-610
CD4%-29.3
VL-UNDETECTABLE
VIREAD,VIRACEPT, EPZICOM

MOST RECENT...
10/9/2006
CD4's-714
CD4%-30%
VL-Undetectable
DIAGNOSES POSITIVE 10/90
SAME MEDS, VIREAD, VIRAMUNE, EPZICOM.

SHOOT FOR THE MOON! YOU MAY MISS,
BUT YOU'LL LAND IN THE STARS :)

Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power.

Failure is not in falling down,
but the staying down

Offline IzPoz

• God, grant me the serenity...
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2006, 08:06:12 pm »
Wendy,

Make sure you get plenty of rest and let us do the thinking for you.  Be well, and get better soon!!
The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly. ~ Chesterton G. K.

Offline ndrew

• ....-.-.-.-.-.....
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2006, 08:14:36 pm »
Hi Wendy,

You are going to feel better soon, but take your time and heal well!  Please rest and drink lots o' water.  I have had relationship and dating stress recently and I think I will be much more cautious in the future, because the stress is enemy #1 of our precious good health.  Like others have said, your CD4s will rebound, they are very busy right now...  

I am sure breathing problems are very frightening.  It might help you to write down some positive things like-  I am strong, my body is healing, I care for myself, I am taking these steps to get better, I will be OK, I am getting healthier every moment, my medicines, vitamins are working, I love myself, etc.  Everytime you are worried, read this back to yourself.  We are here for you.

Love,
Andrew

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2006, 10:29:33 pm »
hope things get better for you. hang in there. Cristy

Offline wellington

• Don't sweat the little things.
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 10:41:31 pm »
One order of good vibes, coming up. *hug*

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 11:16:41 pm »
Wendy,

You will be in my thoughts and I will send positive energy your way.

Hang in there, we are pulling for you.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 01:11:17 am »
wendy...

you are in my thoughts everyday.

robert

Offline chemistry001

• http://www.mygaydar.com/chemistry001
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 03:53:03 am »
Wendy

I haven't had the chance to chat to you yet, but if its hugs, love and prays you need then i'm sending you an super sized bundle of everything you asked for.

Take Care, these posts show how much you are loved

Paul xx
Diagnosed 01/08/06
CD4-9, VL->500,000, CD4% 1
Started on Sustiva/combivir 22/08/06 changed to kivexa 18/09/06
02/10/06
CD4-50, VL-1496, CD4% 5
04/12/06
CD4-112, VL-125, CD4% 7.5
22/02/07
CD4-121, VL-<50, CD4% 9
29/05/07
CD4-125, VL-71,(re-done 149), CD4% 11
25/09/07
CD4 -231, VL-74, CD4% 15
Cant remember the next few dates
17/01/08  Kaletra and Truvada
CD4 - 281, VL-115
06/03/08
CD4 - 287, VL-178

Offline Nadine

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 06:28:30 am »
Wendy,

I hope that you are feeling better real soon!

You are in my thoughts.

((big hugs))
Nadine

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 07:16:05 am »
I wish you well during this difficult time. You are a sweet lady!
Positive since 1985

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2006, 08:29:56 am »
I am sending you positive energy with my prayers. Get better soon!  ;)
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Christine

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2006, 09:20:13 am »
Hi Wendy,
I am sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hang in there, you are strong and will be well soon. Take time to care for yourself now. Sending you good thoughts and prayers that you will feel better soon.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2006, 09:30:30 am »
I know that but for some reason i am still worried. I also have been under stress
Love Wendy

My Darlin,

Now you are going to hear from a cantancerous old man!  Hey girl, the above is the crux/heart of your problems with your physical problems, probably more than any doctor will tell you, or know.

These two issues, "stress, and worry", are both capable of killing someone with a comprimised immune system.  If you fail to address these two very insidious things, it will continue to tear at you and make your body very uncomfortable.  Please do me a favor, and actually sit down and think about ways that you can minimize this terrible problem.

I would advise you to concentrate on ridding your life of all the things that bring you down, and slowly work on a plan to "create" peace in your inner self.  There are not a lot of things that we have influence over in life, but acceptance of things into our lives that "stress" us out, and make us "worry", .... well, we do have control over.  I think the Alcoholics Anonomous prayer, "Help me to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference" has been one of the best things I have used over the last 22 years to keep me balanced and able to keep the stress levels under control.

Seriously Wendy, this is very important, and something which you have complete control over.  If the relationship is dead, then move on.  Bury all the nasty feelings and hurt with it, and keep it out of your consiousness.  You don't need negative stuff loading you down now, as it is obviously hurting your immune system.

Love you girl, and I want you to stick around for the long haul, and the only way for you to do that is to face this monster head on, and don't let it get the best of you.

In Love and support.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2006, 10:02:31 am »
Wow, that is about all i can say right now because i have tears of joy and love running down my face right now. You all are so wonderful. I have been feeling so down and so alone and sorry for myself lately. Then you all sent me all those wonderful remarks and i feel so loved right now. Moffie thank you so much for your words of wisdom. I think about that saying alot. I never had to do aa but i know the prayer. Everyone thank you so much for your words and prayers and the show of love from this forum.
I know i will get better, it will just take time. I also know i have a very loving family here and that i can come to you when i need to. I will keep you all up to date on things. I can't seem to stop crying right now. you have all made me feel so loved.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU, From the bottom of my heart.

Love Wendy

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 10:05:57 am »
Hey Wendy...

My heart and my prayers go out to you sweetheart.  Recently a friend of mine in S.C. was
diagnosed with COPD and he's on oxygen 24/7.  I know something of what you're going thru right now
and I know the terrible depression that accompanys this affliction.  I do pray...and you are most certainly in my
prayers dear lady.  

((((( Big HUG ))))))
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline babygirl17844

• trying to lose the gut and get back in shape
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 11:03:39 am »
GET WELL SOON

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 05:45:42 pm »
Dear Wendy,

I'm glad the forum can make you feel better. Here is another bit of love and wellwishes! This thread must have given you back at least 50 cd's already!

Hug

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 10:50:20 pm »
Hi Wendy

I'm late in joining this thread, but I just wanted to send you love and hugs, and lots of positive energy....

Thinking of you -

Alan   :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.