Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:09:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 493
Total: 493

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: tricked with oral quix at home test  (Read 4736 times)

tryingtounderstand

tricked with oral quix at home test
« on: July 23, 2010, 01:27:32 pm »
Hi guys, i have been checking out the site for a few days now. i have never done this much hiv research in my life. i came across this forum and i have found it to be very helpful. i had unprotected sex with a man on july 15 and by sun the 17th i began feeling fatigue. i told him how i was feeling and he said i dont have hiv and he was offended that i  implied that he may have given me something. you see we both took the at home tests and they  before we had sex. they were both negative. i feel like a complete fool. i think he tricked me. my period was also due to come the day after we had sex. it started to come but i only spotted and it literally went away. i have read that hiv in women causes us to stop menstruation sometimes. i know its to early to see a positive result and there is no way im pregnant.please dont tell me im crazy for feeling this way. i was extremely healthy before this and i know something awful is going on in my body. i feel like im being drained. i took a risk just because the test was negative. i told him i was going to go to the health dept to be tested and he was so against it. it made me feel he was hiding something. i cant take it back so im trying to come to terms with this but what else could it be. i know im not pregnant. can he be charged for giving me this.

Offline RapidRod

Re: tricked with oral quix at home test
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:57:24 pm »
If one had symptoms of ARS they don't come on that fast.

tryingtounderstand

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 03:48:12 pm »
but isnt it true that everyone who gets infection doesn't nessicarily get ARS symptoms. as of now its just this fatigue from head to toe but that doesnt mean something wont occur later right.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 04:17:58 pm »
Symptoms or the lack of will never tell you your status you can test 3 months post exposure to obtain a conclusive test result.

tryingtounderstand

period just stopped
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 05:03:45 pm »
hi ladies, i just posted a thread on am i infected. wondering if any of u have experienced this. my period was due the day after my exposure of unprotected vaginal sex. when it came it only lightly spotted and then pretty much went away. we had sex on JULY 15 and i have felt fatigue since the 17 of july. anyone else had their period just stop so suddenly after. i could not possiby be pregnant.

tryingtounderstand

va treatment
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 05:18:29 pm »
anyone being treated by local va for hiv infection?

Offline emeraldize

Re: period just stopped
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 05:20:50 pm »
hi ladies, i just posted a thread on am i infected. wondering if any of u have experienced this. my period was due the day after my exposure of unprotected vaginal sex. when it came it only lightly spotted and then pretty much went away. we had sex on JULY 15 and i have felt fatigue since the 17 of july. anyone else had their period just stop so suddenly after. i could not possiby be pregnant.

I was post-menopausal when I contracted HIV, but in all the literature I've read, I 've never seen cessation of menses or a stopped period as being related to HIV. Your sentence reads "so suddenly after" and I'm assuming you were asking "so suddenly after contracting HIV"

Anything else going on? Taking birth control? Not eating properly? Are you an athlete? Lots of questions. Body fat levels can affect periods as can stress.

Have you spoken with a doctor yet about this? Have you been tested? I'm not one of the people who can answer in the Am I Infected thread---and haven't read your post there. You'll get good counsel from the right folks there.

Best of luck.
Em

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: va treatment
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 07:32:10 am »
Hi,

Yes I am.  I started using the VA around November 0f 09.  At that time I still had health insurance through the workplace.  I dropped the insurance through work, because of the cost and deductibles, at the end of 09.

If your a veteran, You should check you eligibility status, by enrolling. I have no problem with the VA, and they have treated me exceptionally well.  All meds ( no matter what, are $8.00 a month, per prescription) This in itself is a big stress reducer.

I went in person to enroll for benefits, and the entire process did not take more than an hour. They should be able to tell you right away if you qualify. There was also someone there to get me into the Ryan White program.

If you have any questions private message me, I'll try to answer them.  Meantime check out the VA website :

http://www.va.gov/ 

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 07:38:36 am »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 07:46:17 am »

I also made mention of the VA orientation program that I went through,  in this thread :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=29722.0

Check this out also :

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=30471.0

Ray
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 07:53:20 am by J.R.E. »

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 09:21:52 am »
Trying,

I have removed your threads from the Off Topic and Women's forums. You are not permitted to post in the Women's forum and Off Topic is not the place for hiv related concerns. That's why it's called Off Topic.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

With the exception of the “Am I Infected?” and “Off Topic” Forums, the AIDSmeds.com Forums are intended for people who have been diagnosed with HIV (or their loved ones/caregivers).  If you are questioning or unaware of your HIV status, please refrain from posting messages or questions in the Forums intended for HIV-positive people.

Please consider yourself warned!

Home test kits that you interpret yourself are not approved for use for exactly this type of reason. If either one of you is actually positive but inside the testing window period, you could have had a false negative result.

The earliest you should test is at six weeks, as the vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by this time, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days. A negative result at six weeks must be confirmed at the three month point, but is highly unlikely to change.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

And forget this "he tricked me can I prosecute him" business. You and you alone are responsible for your health. You need to insist on condoms. It's not just hiv you need to worry about. Are you aware that STIs like chlamydia and gonorrhea can be present without symptoms and are a lot more prevalent than hiv? You can test for STIs other than hiv and syphilis ten days to two weeks following your unprotected incident. Hiv and syphilis share a three month window period for conclusive negative results.

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 03:46:18 pm »

You mean I wasted my time responding to this individual !! !!  >:(

That won't happen again...

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.