Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:10:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 757
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 723
Total: 725

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 100k for Peace - Sign, Take Action!  (Read 2542 times)

Offline fondeveau

100k for Peace - Sign, Take Action!
« on: September 14, 2007, 06:30:15 pm »
Stop the Bloodshed!
Today, I am proud to share with you that the United Church of Christ has launched a new anti-war campaign website, 100,000 People for Peace. The goal of the campaign is to gather 100,000 petition signatures within the next 53 days.

Just after World Communion Sunday (October 7), I plan to take these 100,000 names with me to Washington, D.C., and present them – in person – as our unified call for peace to leaders of Congress and members of the Administration.

In order reach our 100,000 goal, we still must collect 93,500 names in the next 7 weeks. If we are successful, this will be the largest online advocacy campaign ever attempted by the UCC, representing a total participation equal to nearly one-tenth of our denominational membership.

Today, I have two urgent requests:

Will you join the Action Team for our '100,000 People for Peace' campaign, so that we can count you among the leaders in this important effort? By joining the Action Team, we'll also keep in closer contact and let you know how things are progressing.

Will you help us spread the word by sending a tell-a-friend message to your congregation, family members and friends? In order to reach this huge goal, we're going to need to count on the miracle of multiplication! Each current signer needs to bring about 16 new signers before October 7.

Gathering 100,000 signatures will not be easy. This is why I'm counting on our committed pastors and lay leaders to join us in this movement for peace and justice. Our call to end the bloodshed in Iraq deserves the church's fullest attention and support.

Sincerely,

The Rev. John H. Thomas
General Minister and President
United Church of Christ

http://ga3.org/campaign/100kactionteam Join the Action Team

http://ga3.org/campaign/100kforpeace/forward Send an Email to your friends

http://ga3.org/campaign/iraq_petition Sign the Petition

Please do as your conscience indicates....

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: 100k for Peace - Sign, Take Action!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 06:48:46 pm »
There is only one way to attain peace in the middle east and that is through WAR.  The Muslim Fascists have told us the only way they will stop attacking us is if we convert to Islam. Are you gonna convert? Its time to step up and use the same will,courage,and determination we used to defeat Japan and Germany.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 07:38:35 pm »
There is only one way to attain peace in the middle east and that is through WAR.  The Muslim Fascists have told us the only way they will stop attacking us is if we convert to Islam. Are you gonna convert? Its time to step up and use the same will,courage,and determination we used to defeat Japan and Germany.

The problem with this, is that the Muslim Fascists don't have a country to declare war on.  No Muslim Fascists from Iraq ever attacked us.  The Taliban did allow Osama safe haven, so that is one area that your logic sort of works -- except that Osama seems to be in Pakistan, which is, ostensibly, an ally of ours.  And -- I should point out, neither Afghanistan or Pakistan is in the Middle East!

I'm definitely not a "Peace-nik".  I've served my time in the Army and fought in Kuwait and Iraq, but the current insanity needs to stop.  Whatever implosion happens in Iraq is Bush's fault and no one else's.  If we didn't have the majority of our "War on Terror" forces in Iraq, we could have them in Afghanistan and maybe even capture/kill Osama.   Just a thought!

Mike

Mike

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 09:42:02 pm »

And it's attitudes like this that keep the bloodshed going.  The bloodshed of innocents, the raping, etc.  Seems like there's a Bushie among us here.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 05:11:24 am »
Its time to step up and use the same will,courage,and determination we used to defeat Japan and Germany.

First, thank you for your military service. I'm sure you have strongly encouraged your own children to "step up" and join the military and their country in the fight against the Islamo-facist. This battle for survival is too important to be left just in the hands of other American's children of will, courage, and determination.

http://www.nationalpriorities.org/Cost-of-War/Cost-of-War-3.html
« Last Edit: September 15, 2007, 05:35:57 am by Dachshund »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.