Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:09:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 357
Total: 358

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Sharing straw confimration for a friend  (Read 29462 times)

Offline littlebear

Sharing straw confimration for a friend
« on: December 17, 2008, 12:34:30 pm »
Hi Folks, I feel silly writing this but did not see it anywhere on the archives. I recently snorted cocaine with a friend of mine and I don't know his status. I only did a couple of lines but afterwards I told my wife and she mentioned that I could catch something from him. I phones the CDC and a few hot lines. They said it is possible and I should get tested. Now my wife is freaking out. I was comfortable with it and then on Day 19 I cam down with a little upset stomach and Diarhea with no other symptoms. This got me worrying. DO I need to test over this? No other risks. If it is not a risk, how come, no one can seem to state why. Thanks so much for your help.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Cocaine Sharing Straw
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 03:38:08 pm »
Those are not HIV-specific symptoms which you are reporting. And neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to know anything accurately about your HIV status.

If there is a real risk, and now I hurry to say your straw & cocaine incident was NOT a risky incident, then testing at 13 weeks is the only way to get a definitivy realiable result. This incident did not expose you to a potential exchange of bodily fluids as would be the case in sharing needles for IV drug use. Theoretically there could have been some risk via nasal bleeding but that's strictly theoretically. In the real world of HIV transmission doesn't happen that way.   

I don't see any need for testing. Some of the operators who respond at the CDC shouldn't be allowed to be answering questions, but that's a different subject.

You didn't have a risk during your sniffing episode. If your symptoms continue that is something to discuss with your doctor.

Cheers. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 03:40:56 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 04:07:21 pm »
Thanks Andy, the wife was just scared a little as we were wanting to continue with having our family aand I just wanted to make sure so your answer is similar to what other on a few sites have said. The GI symptoms only lasted a day as well. Just really freaked me out when the CDC dumbos more than likely read out of there book and worried me a little. Your assurance has helped along with the other sites.

Theoretical means that this has never happened in the real world right? For how long this has been around you would think it would have been documented by now if it was a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 04:48:20 pm »

Theoretical means that this has never happened in the real world right? For how long this has been around you would think it would have been documented by now if it was a risk.

Yes, that's exactly right. And considering how common an activity you are discussing is, yes, we would have known way long before today if it was a risk.

Good luck with starting your family and enjoy the process.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 12:12:47 am »
Thanks so much Andy for taking the time to answer this, it is greatly appreciated and has put me at ease.

Cheers,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 12:16:20 pm »
Glad the exchange has been helpful to you. Now you can get on with your life and family planning.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

Sharing straw confimration for a friend
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 11:39:43 am »
Hi Folks, I had went through what I thought was a scare about a year ago when I shared a bank note to snort cocaine. I now have a friend that is going through the same thing. I told him about Medhelp (as it answered my questiosn) and he did post there I think yesterday and got a response from the doc as this being low risk and no need to test. He can not get it through his head that this is a no risk situation as the doc told him low risk. He snorted cocaine with some friend with which one of them has a dubious past (no IV drug use and heterosexual but uses prostitutes).

This is what I have told him, HIV is not transmitted by environmental surface, a bill would be considered to be an environmental surface and therefore there is no risk as the virus dies very quickly when exposed to air. He had called all of the hotlines and of course they stated he should be tested. They tell you this becasue they have to cover there asses on transmissions and even if it is theoretical, they will tell you to test. In order for this to even be theoretically possible there would have to be a lot off blood on the bill and it would have to be jammed into your nose which would draw blood and you would for sure notice this I would hope.

Would anyone post there thoughts on this as he is coming by today to search like crazy on my computer :).

By the way Andy, the family planning went well and we are soon to have the birth of a another little rugrat :) Thanks for all of your help when I went through this. I told him what you had told me which really helped, no one has ever gotten HIV in this manner and if it was considered to be a real risk, it would have been documented by now. I also told him that no medical professional will ever tell you absolutely no risk as they have liability so this is a great site to get great answers.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Sharing straw confimration for a friend
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2009, 12:24:04 pm »
LB,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

As you've been told before, sharing straws to snort drugs is absolutely NOT a risk for hiv infection.

As for testing for hiv, he should test if he's had unprotected intercourse with ANYONE outside a committed, monogamous relationship where both partners have been tested negative for all STIs, not just hiv. However, he does NOT need to test for hiv over sharing a straw.

Ann
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:26:07 pm by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline littlebear

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2009, 01:15:53 pm »
Thanks Anne, I apologize for not following the rules. I will pass this on and hopefully he can move on like i did.

Offline littlebear

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 01:13:35 pm »
Could any of the moderators explain why this is not a risk? I think it has something to do with the environment and HIV does not transmit outside the body from an environmental surface? 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 01:22:13 pm »
That's right. HIV is actually a very fragile virus. It needs the kind of receptive environment which the vagina or the anus provide to remain viable. Environmental surfaces such as straws, scissors, doorknobs, dishes, food, etc. are not risks for transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

Oh No, I got the anxiety back again
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 03:02:56 pm »
I recently had a bit of a scare and not sure if I should get tested or not. I volunteer at a shelter in an inner city and was in the bathroom. A fight broke out between two guys and i separated it with the help of a few guys. After I grabbed my coffee of the counter and took a swig (about 1 minute after the fight) and there was a bit of blood in the coffee that I noticed after I already took a drink. It must have came off the on guy (he was bleeding). I swallowed the coffee and threw it out.There was also a little on the glass but it didnt come in contact with my mouth as it was on the other side of the cup. There was not much blood but is has caused me some concern as it was visible. Is there anything I should worry about? I went to see my doctor but he doesn't know much about HIV, I have asked around a bit but I am still unsure.

I dont want to go through this again. I think my anxiety is getting the better of me again.

Offline littlebear

Re: Oh No, I got the anxiety back again
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 03:16:53 pm »
Sorry I probably should have kept this in my initial posts from last year.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 03:20:17 pm »
Hi,

I've merged your threads and yes, you should keep all entries in this same thread.

Once again you are worrying needlessly. The same information you have been given previously still applies here. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted on environmental surfaces or via food or liquids.

You have no cause for further concern about this latest incident.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 03:29:13 pm »
Thanks Andy for merging the threads. I think my anxiety has came back again from my previous experience and having a friend go through the same thing has brought it back. After reading the articles on the infants being infected by pre chewed food this is what gave me the worry. I sure hope I can move on and forget this without getting back on the meds.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2009, 03:31:41 pm »
You have absolutely no science-based cause to be concerned.

Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2009, 10:14:12 am »
Thanks again Andy, even Dr. Bob Stated no risk which must mean absolutely no risk as he is always one the conservative side. Thanks so much and i Hope not to be back. .

Offline littlebear

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 05:52:39 pm »
One last post, how come it says that blood splash to the mouth is a risk on occupational websites. I didn't notice much blood in the coffee if any. I even dumped the glass out to see if there was any blood in it and could not see any but it would have dissolved I am guessing by the time I dumped it out. So even if someone pumped my coffee with a syringe of fresh HIV blood it would still not be a risk? Is it because of the environmental transmission or the mouth can not transfer HIV without wounds?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 07:11:18 pm »
Frankly I am not interested in responding to anything you find on any other websites. You've been given the real deal here about your experience. You should long ago have let go of this problem and moved on with your life.

Re-read what has been said to you already. We covered your issue very thoroughly.

After nearly a year of coming to this site it's time that you absorbed the information that has been passed along to you.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 07:50:38 pm »
I agree Andy, I had not been on the site in over a year and the fear came back. I did not want to make it sound like I was questioning you on this. I am going to be honest as I think it would be best for me. I really was trying to get around asking the question that I was at the shelter and someone came into the bathroom and for some reason I made myself believe that they put infected blood in my coffee. I was trying to make myself feel better for my irrational thoughts and I think it is best that I lay them out there as irrational and quit trying to hide that fact (it is a little embarrassing). Time to maybe find some coucselling as you said this is not healthy.

Thanks for taking the time to answer anyways,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2009, 08:10:35 am »
Bear,

So you read that on "occupational" websites, eh? You mean where they're talking to people like surgeons and scrub nurses who just might encounter a patient who has an arterial bleed gushing up into the air and possibly into a healthcare workers face? There's a huge difference between that and blood in coffee. Coffee would absolutely destroy fragile hiv and render it totally impossible to infect.

You really need to get over this phobia of yours. We cannot help you with that here. Come back one more time with any of this blood related hysteria and you'll be given a time out.

Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline littlebear

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 03:15:47 pm »
I agree Anne it is a phobia and I am seeking help for sure. It is so irrational that I would think someone would slip blood into my coffee when I was taking a pee and I would turn around and drink it and not taste it or even see it in the coffee when I took the lid off. And even after the fact, if someone did do this, it would not infect me anyways and I worry about it. This has to be a mental issue that I need to get sorted out and I agree with you that it is a phobia that needs attention.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2009, 03:36:04 pm »
Bear,

Yes, please do seek professional help. We cannot provide that sort of help for you here and you WILL end up with a time out. Sorry, but otherwise, we'd just be encouraging you in your unrealistic and unfounded worries. Find a therapist you can work with to get your life back. Good luck.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline littlebear

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2009, 04:10:52 pm »
Thanks Anne and Andy, wish me luck and hope not to be back here again. Cheers

Offline littlebear

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 04:14:19 pm »
One last question, has nothing to do with risk but testing. I went in for a HIV test as I hadnt had one done in a ear and the test came back negative. On the results it said recombinant HIV 1/2 negative. What does the recombinant mean? I think it just means it looks for both strains but wasn't sure. Thanks,

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 04:20:27 pm »
HIV 1 & 2 "package" the RNA differently. Test covers both. You're negative. Period. End of story.

Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

Back Again
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2011, 10:24:59 pm »
Well, my paranoia has raised its ugly head again. I had to get tested for insurance for Hep C and went into get my blood drawn. Knowing that I have been worried before about the needle getting me infected I tried to watch like a hawk but  I did not see the nurse put in a new needle. I think it was in the vacuatainer already or she was extremely fast and she pulled the cap off and drew my blood. I am guessing you are all going to tell me this is an anxiety driven question. I looked directly at the needle going in and did not see any blood on it. Of course when I left the clinic, i started to think and search again. I have been so good for so long and now I am worried again arghhh.

Would I have seen any blood on the needle if it had been previously used. Is this even possible anymore with single use containers. Thanks for the feedback as I greatly appreciate it, I  don't want to live another three months with this on my mind.

Offline PrettyHeart

• I am no longer active here
Re: Back Again
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2011, 12:12:33 am »
I'm not trying to be mean but do you see a therapist? You just seem awfully paranoid. I am pretty positive there was a new needle used on you as its almost unheard of these days. But seriously think about the therapist. I would not want to live my life like that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2011, 12:18:20 am »
Ugh. This thread is so wrong in so many ways.

Littlebear, fuck off back to your original thread, after 16 posts you should know the rules.

Pretty, you're not authorised to respond in AMI threads, so don't. Stick to your own thread. Stay out of AMI.

Ya dig?

MtD

/edit: to correct my orignal message since it appears Pretty is a pozzie./
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 12:22:16 am by Matty the Damned »

Offline PrettyHeart

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2011, 12:27:51 am »
oh wow how rude!

Why can I not post here? I'm not allowed to help others???????????? I would think that I have every right to give my opinion to others that fear infection or damn at least say it a little freakin' nicer!!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 12:32:32 am »
oh wow how rude!

Why can I not post here? I'm not allowed to help others???????????? I would think that I have every right to give my opinion to others that fear infection or damn at least say it a little freakin' nicer!!

Well you would think wrong, my love. :) The Welcome Thread for this forum (click the purple text) explains who can and cannot post in AMI.

AMI responses are restricted to Goderators and a handful of authorised members of which you are not one.

Thank you for your cooperation.

MtD

Offline PrettyHeart

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2011, 12:36:27 am »
And yes unfortunately I am a POZ!

I think its pretty crappy that a poz cannot help others who fear infection. Sorry I know how it feels so guess I don't belong here ..smfh

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2011, 12:40:48 am »
And yes unfortunately I am a POZ!

I think its pretty crappy that a poz cannot help others who fear infection. Sorry I know how it feels so guess I don't belong here ..smfh

It's a cruel old world.

If you have a problem with our rules, take it up with the Goderators.

MtD

Offline PrettyHeart

« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2011, 12:49:40 am »
I don't have a problem with rules, thats life but I do have a problem with being treated rudely. But thats ok. I will just take myself out of the situation

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 08:33:05 am »
Pretty, you don't have to like the rules but you do have to follow them. We have a longstanding rule regarding this forum that only those who are authorized to do so may respond in this forum. However well intentioned you are, you do not have that authorization.

Thanks for your cooperation in following this rule.

Andy Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2011, 08:39:05 am »
Well, my paranoia has raised its ugly head again. I had to get tested for insurance for Hep C and went into get my blood drawn. Knowing that I have been worried before about the needle getting me infected I tried to watch like a hawk but  I did not see the nurse put in a new needle. I think it was in the vacuatainer already or she was extremely fast and she pulled the cap off and drew my blood. I am guessing you are all going to tell me this is an anxiety driven question. I looked directly at the needle going in and did not see any blood on it. Of course when I left the clinic, i started to think and search again. I have been so good for so long and now I am worried again arghhh.

Would I have seen any blood on the needle if it had been previously used. Is this even possible anymore with single use containers. Thanks for the feedback as I greatly appreciate it, I  don't want to live another three months with this on my mind.

Littlebear, I have merged your threads here. In the future please follow our rule and keep all of your entries in this same thread.

As for your latest question, this is another of those fanciful what ifs of yours. There is absolutely no sound reason to believe that the nurse who drew your blood used an unclean needle. And we are not going to go through another round of but maybes and what ifs with you about this. You are bothering yourself needlessly.

If you return with this kind of thing again you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out from the site. Just to be quite clear you did not have a risk and there is no cause for thinking you ought to get tested over this incident.

Move on with your life. If you find yourself unable to do that, then see a therapist to discuss your unwarranted fears of this sort.   
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2011, 09:16:06 am »
Wow, I sure set off a chain of events. I do not see a therapist but i think i will go back on my meds. Thanks folks

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2011, 09:19:24 am »
OK.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2011, 12:00:07 pm »
Thanks Andy and folks again, I have reread all of my replies and wow, I do sound a little off my rocker. I guess I come here more to be able to chat with someone as my wife thinks I am crazy which I most likely am. Have a great day to all and you have seen the end of me (at least for another year :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2011, 01:02:14 pm »
You're welcome.

Personally with regard to HIV and to life in general, I find what works for me is to "keep it simple." Just saying...
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2011, 09:22:25 pm »
Hi Everyone, another shot of anxiety for me. Was on a business trip and had lots to drink. Blacked out and remember the whole evening with the exception of going to bed. When I woke up, there were two glasses out on the table and I keep wondering, what if I had sex with someone. If I did, there was no condom in the room so it was unprotected. I wasnt worried to much as I would have remembered having sex I thought but 10 days after the event, I came down with a stuffy nose and a cough that worsened at night. I know it is tough as I do not really know if i had an exposure or not but on the net it lists a cough as an symptom of acute HIV. Would a cough and stuffy nose that worsens at night be a worry and should i get a testÉ

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2011, 06:41:14 am »
LB,

Just because you have a cold does not mean you had sex that night. I doubt that you did. You can test for this if you like, but don't be surprised by a negative result. You know the window period drill.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline littlebear

« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2011, 02:32:02 pm »
Yes, just the timing creeped me out. To get a runny nose and cough at ten days that lasted 7 days. Some sites mentioned that a cough and cold is a symptom of ARS (cold like symptoms). I know you say symptoms mean nothing but the timing has worried me. I did go and get and STD screen that was negative for all other infections just to be sure.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2011, 02:36:08 pm »
This is all in domain of what ifs without any sound basis for thinking you had sex, unprotected or otherwise.

If you are drinking excessively that's something for your to decide about looking into addressing.

There is no reason to believe we're talking seriously about an HIV risk here.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2011, 02:58:29 pm »
You are right Andy, what ifs always get me. I had quite drinking for 2 months before this as it always lead to my paranoia. I gues I will move on and get things back together with my wife. I just keep looking at symptoms of a common cold be reflective of HIV. I had no fever, sore throat, or rash which I believe are the main indicators.

Offline littlebear

« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 02:46:45 pm »
So thanks for all taking a look and dealing with me. I know symptoms are not an indicator and I am just looking for one more bit of reassurance before I put this to rest and move on. Andy, my drinking is something I am addressing as you are correct in that.

My symptoms came on 10 days after the night I dont remember much. I am sure I am creating something for me to worry about as I usually do but I promised myself nothing happened and I would only worry if any symptoms developed. I know you will say symptoms are not an indicator of infection but of course people worry about them. All I had was a stuffy nose and sniffles on Day 10, day 12 a cough that continued for two days and slowly disappeared. The timing of these freaked me out, I should mentioned my wife also had a cold with the same symptoms. I think I will go in and get a test tomorrow as I have read it they were in fact symptoms, I would test positive 7 days after and it will have been 10 days. Of course, to make sure before I have unprotected sex with my wife, I will go in at 3 months. 

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 04:57:38 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out, which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:07 pm »
In your saner moments I believe you know this is not an HIV situation. I am not even going to respond to your latest litany of doubts.

We're simply not going to indulge you any further. What I will do is warn you that if you come back again with more of the same you are going to get a time out from the site. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline littlebear

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 07:38:08 pm »
Thanks Andy for giving me the benefit of the doubt and not banning me already, it is appreciated and to me felt real. I guess no one can evaluate my symptoms as like you say they are non specific.

Offline littlebear

« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2011, 12:12:25 pm »
So I did go an get a test which the testing centre told me that if in fact my symptoms were due to HIV, I would test positive at this time. That has put my mind to ease as well as going to see a therapist for my OCD. IT is sure a tough mental disorder to live with as it can make you think all sorts of things.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.