Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:57:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 593
Total: 593

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: NE is soooo cold  (Read 2738 times)

Offline Lis

NE is soooo cold
« on: November 03, 2006, 03:19:16 pm »
I gotta say,i was very spoiled in AZ... I'm home now.. and I have worn no less then 3# layers, and have been cold the whole time.. I have a big fish pond in the back yard.. they stopped feeding, and the ice is there every morning... I HATE WINTER!!!!  I do love lighting the stove that heats us... it has run NON stop!!! I burn a combo of pellets and corn... , I love the warmth!!! so far no need for natural gas!!   I cant wait for APRIL!!!
poz 1986....

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
Re: NE is soooo cold
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 03:45:17 pm »
Hey,  Lis!
Same thing here!  We had this beautiful Indian Summer up until last week and, all of a sudden, the temperature fell abruptly.  There are even some predictions for snow this week end!  Yesterday was the first fire of the Winter.  In fact, I indulged myself in a cosy, sensual and warm evening... ;) with a nice bath which by the way lasted for hours. Next, the fireplace was just too appealing for us to have dinner in the kitchen!  So, I opened a nice bottle of my favourite Bourgogne wine and we got down and had dinner with candle lights by the fireplace...! ::)
It just felt so good!  And the temperature was close to zero Celsius!

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline livingpositively

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 12:17:49 am »
I feel your pain, Lis.  This morning when I went to work is was 21 degrees.
4/6/07   CD4 450, % 23, No VL
2/19/07 CD4 487, % 26, VL 47,500
1/4/07   CD4 357, % 27, No VL
10/3/06 CD4 500, % 26, VL 18,000
7/6/06   CD4 530, % 29, VL 83,800
4/6/06   CD4 555, % 28, VL 13,000

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 12:23:00 am »
I feel your pain, Lis.  This morning when I went to work is was 21 degrees.

Well that's just stupid!   >:(

Why the heck would anyone live in some god forsaken place that hits 21 degrees the first part of November?  Dumb Dumb Dumb

RAB

(Who was born and raised in Montana, not that it's important mind you!   ::))

Offline cph9680

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 12:43:41 am »
I'm so jealous...Sure this morning it was 32 and 60 this afternoon; but at this time <next week> when it's back to 80, I'll be wishin I was you
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 09:03:01 pm by cph9680 »

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 07:14:20 pm »
Hi Lis

I know how you feel believe me...for the last 3 months I have been reading in certain posts how hot it is over there in the states, while I was freezing my butt off here in NZ...well now it's my turn, spring has been ok, some really nice days, but our summer is just a few weeks I can't wait to feel the sun on my face and enjoy the beautiful weather...but I will be thinking of you... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

poznoregon

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:24 pm »
I just moved to Arizona and have been loving the weather we have here. I'm in shorts everyday afterwork and on the weekends.  I know at some point though I will wish I had some type of cold weather to at least feel like it is winter. I had a choice to either move here or up north were the winters are pretty harsh. For now I'm going to enjoy this, I will miss having a fireplace and being able to wear my winter clothes.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 09:28:27 pm »
Liz its a comfortable 92 degrees in Aspen... Come visit...

Offline Jody

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 11:10:18 am »
Sorry to hear it's so cold in Nebraska Lis, hopefully a warm frong will come through from time to time this winter...It has not really gotten too cold yet back east but for all of us not in the warm climates I guess the worst is yet to come...Huddles and cuddles !!!

Jody  ;)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.