HIV Prevention and Testing > How Can I Prevent HIV?

wound on the inside of the lip and HIV transmission?

(1/1)

inlove:
Hello,
Burning question,

While eating breakfast in a hurry, I bit my lip quite hard on the inside. It was bleeding a little.

I have a date in the evening and I'm wondering if I should avoid kisses?

Im on hiv treatment since May 2015, I have been undetectable since July of that year. My last viral load was checked 5 months ago. Undetectable.

3 weeks ago I changed the time of day I was taking Odefsey, from breakfast to lunchtime, around 4 p.m., to avoid interactions with other medications I am currently taking. all, of course, after consulting my doctor. I don't know if it can affect my viral load. My next test is scheduled in 2 weeks.

Considering all this, should I be stressed about possibly kissing my handsome date this evening?

Jim Allen:
You are not going to pass on HIV through kissing regardless of a bit of bleeding in the morning or your viral load.

Good luck with the date tonight 🙂

Jim Allen:

--- Quote ---3 weeks ago I changed the time of day I was taking Odefsey, from breakfast to lunchtime, around 4 p.m., to avoid interactions with other medications I am currently taking. all, of course, after consulting my doctor. I don't know if it can affect my viral load
--- End quote ---

Answering this but it's unrelated or irrelevant to the answer provided earlier. Switching from morning meds to afternoon meds isn't going to change your viral load whatsoever. Your doctor should have made this clear when you spoke to them and I'm surprised they didn't

Hope that helps

leatherman:

--- Quote from: inlove on September 09, 2023, 12:48:34 pm ---I don't know if it can affect my viral load.

--- End quote ---
Not that you ever should, but you could actually miss about 2 doses a month (5%) and still be successfully treated. While keeping close to the same time every day is the best plan (that's a good habit to keep), you really should never worry about changing times within a day. It's simply too small a change to make any changes.

And kissing is never a risk of HIV.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version