Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:05:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 618
Total: 620

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: oral risk  (Read 8067 times)

Offline heng

oral risk
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:41:15 pm »
Dear all , hi  recently i have sex with a guy and here it is , we both have giving and receiving of oral sex , after that he finger me and have deep kissing but there is no anal sex , what i am worry is that i have a bit of ulcer in my mouth and also what if he got the precum on his finger when he is poking my ass with his finger , will i get infected

Offline RapidRod

Re: oral risk
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 05:45:44 pm »
You didn't have a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 10:56:24 am »
As long as you always use condoms for either vaginal or anal intercourse you will be well protected from HIV transmission sexually. It's really just as simple as that.

Nothing you are reporting put you at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 04:50:34 am »
dear all thanks anyway , but i notice that his lips got something like a blister or somesort of pimple i guess he must have some ulcer happening inside his mouth and he did kiss me all over my face including my eyes area , after that i felt my eyes very itchy and become very red and i am also not very sure weather i have some bruise or cut on my penis by the time he perform oral sex on me , i check other web side info and what i read from it is that , there is risk

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 05:56:54 am »
Again no risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 09:08:22 am »
Ya, ya, ya. Throw in whatever details you want to and it still is not going to make any difference as far as HIV is concerned as long as you didn't have unprotected intercourse.

Other STDs are much easier to acquire so we do advise that anyone who's sexually active ought to regularly have a full STD panel done. That means at least once a year.

Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 11:20:09 am »
even if i have a bruise or cut on my penis head and he have the ulcer or gum bleeding in his mouth when he blowing me also not a risk ,  then why everyday seems to have newly infected case and esp for MSM case is rising , i believe they are all know about using a condom right

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 11:56:38 am »
Move on. You've been given the correct advice.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:21:23 pm »
The ongoing epidemic is not relevant to your situation. You didn't do anything which put you at risk no matter what details you continue to throw into the mix.

As far as MSM and sexual risk for HIV transmission, it's all about unprotected anal intercourse. Everything else is strictly theoretical as far as potential risk is concerned.

There's no need for testing nor for further concern on your part about HIV. Period. 
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 03:24:43 pm »
Ok Andy thanks  i got what you mean  , but i wander why is other web site are saying the different things  like Saliva does contain HIV , HIV can survive outside of body and Oral sex is risky  ???  Is  HIV the same as other kind of virus around out there ???

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:55 pm »
We're not interested in nor responsible for what other websites say. We give you the real deal here.

Yes, there can be HIV in saliva but not in a viable form.
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 05:48:26 pm »
Ok Andy i guess you mean by that there will be some HIV found in saliva of a positive person but they are not infectious or not working , so Even if some blood occure or ulcer happening inside the positive guy mouth it is Still Not infectious  and in a mean time can he still give me oral sex a not ???     Sorry Andy i am a bit curious and really need to know more about it because i like to engage into MSM activities esp into oral sex only  but not into  anal sex  :-[

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 09:19:17 am »
In the entire history of the epidemic and countless blowjobs later not one man has ever been confirmed to have become infected through getting a blowjob. Not one. It's safe to say you won't make history by becoming the first.

And in longterm studies of sero-discordant couples, both gay and straight, who had lots of unprotected oral sex mutually, not one sero-negative partner has become infected.

Common sense dictates that you should not give oral if you have a gaping, bleeding wound in your mouth or very bad oral care. Otherwise your saliva affords a very effective barrier to the transmission of viable HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 11:05:20 am »
Ok Andy you are superb and have giving me a confidence , you and other guys here have done a very good job by sharing the knowledge and experience of the whole entire epedemic of HIV on how it can infect or cannot infect isue here . So next time i shouldnt b that worry of having a receiving or giving in the matter of oral sex . Of course if i had a very big wound , ulcer or any gum bleeding happening i will not do any oral sex .  Thanks Andy and take care of yourself .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 12:36:30 pm »
You're welcome. Glad you found our exchanges to be helpful.
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 01:17:04 pm »
many thanks Andy , just one more thing i will really like to know and that will b it ,  is that my penis is not circumcise so what is the different between uncircumcise and a circumcised penis , will it pose a greater risk for uncircumcise penis like mine when it comes to activities like oral sex ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 01:34:17 pm »
Heng,

Getting a blowjob is NO RISK for hiv, no matter if you're circumcised or uncircumcised. GETTING A BLOWJOB IS NO RISK!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline heng

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 01:43:01 pm »
Ok thanks Ann , wish you all the best , i sure know how to take care of myself now                                                                                 THANKS guys for all the answer been given .

Offline heng

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 01:00:24 am »
Sorry guys , i had one big mistake and worry here ...... yesterday i perform oral sex on a guy and so suddenly he cum inside my mouth without informing me that he will wanna cum ,  part of his semen i accidently get swallow and the rest i split it out and quickly go wash all over my mouth ,   i  have a tooth pain and a small red dot below my tongue that made me feel some uneasy while i was doing the act ,  What now as i have swallow some of it plus he cum inside my mouth and with my poor oral health there ......... :(     Oh no not again !

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 01:05:35 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline heng

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2009, 02:56:04 am »
ok sorry about that rapidrod  , but this was my first time of having such experience

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2009, 08:23:00 am »
If you re-read what I have written above previously, you'll see longterm studies have resulted in zero infections among sero-discordant partners who had lots of unprotected oral and only protected intercourse.

Your saliva has over a dozen elements which effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV. Is it impossible to get infected through giving oral? Theoretically it is possible, but in the real world of HIV in cases where infection is claimed to have happened in that manner they don't hold up under careful scientific scrutiny.

If you have SEVERELY bad oral care then get tested at 13 weeks and collect what I still expect will be a negative result. And if you oral care is really that poor then I also suggest you see a dentist and/or perodentist to correct it.
Andy Velez

Offline heng

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2009, 12:24:32 pm »
thanks a lot andy ,  my oral health i guess is not until that very bad status is one of my teeth got slightly feeling uncomfortable inside but i dont see got any blood and about that tiny red dot feeling under my tongue is also no blood can be seen it is not a ulcer but so suddenly it appear only ............ ii just that the semen suddenly got into my mouth plus swallowing that made me worry .... thanks for your advice again andy , sorry for bordering you guys

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2009, 01:16:11 pm »
OK. You're welcome. So give up all the drama and get on with your life is my strong suggestion.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.