Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:46:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 511
Total: 512

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Morning Coffee / Breakfast  (Read 7494 times)

Offline AMG Coordinator

Morning Coffee / Breakfast
« on: July 05, 2009, 12:43:16 pm »
Since our hotel in Boston is not a full service hotel, I enquired about locations to get a cup of coffee or breakfast in the morning.

Here is what the hotel manager replied with. Both are located right around the corner on Berkeley St. and seem to get good reviews by locals.

Berkeley Perk Cafe, which is a little neighborhood coffee shop.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/berkeley-perk-cafe-boston

Billy's, with casual atmosphere and full breakfast options.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/billys-sub-shop-boston

Dennis

Offline Basquo

Re: Morning Coffee / Breakfast
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2009, 06:02:37 pm »
Thanks for those links.  Good to know that we have some close-by options. I used that site to search some other things and it looks like there's some nice little shops within walking distance, including some drug stores.

I guess since I'm arriving before RAB it'll be up to me to map out the route to the closest liquor store for him!  ;)

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2009, 06:15:40 pm »
I also checked out the Fritz bar's website.  Their brunch menu looks yummy (Mushroom Benedict looks most promising!) but I'm unclear about their normal food service. They list hours for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays, but do they serve food at other times? Looks like a pretty varied menu for just serving brunch on weekends.

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 05:19:33 pm »
Since our hotel in Boston is not a full service hotel, I enquired about locations to get a cup of coffee or breakfast in the morning.

Here is what the hotel manager replied with. Both are located right around the corner on Berkeley St. and seem to get good reviews by locals.

Berkeley Perk Cafe, which is a little neighborhood coffee shop.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/berkeley-perk-cafe-boston

Billy's, with casual atmosphere and full breakfast options.
http://www.yelp.com/biz/billys-sub-shop-boston

Dennis

Not so fast Mister.

I've been checking the AMG Handbook.

Chapter #2 Accomodations

Section #3 Coordinator's Responsibilites

Subsection #3c  coffee

Specifically states:  

In the event the coordinator recommends, suggests, and/or books attendees into a hotel that does not have either:

a: in room coffee

or

b: coffee conveniently located in the lobby

Then it shall be the coordinator's responsibility to "shlep" coffee to each and every attendee's room.

This responsibility will begin at 6:30 a.m. and cease at 10:00 a.m. each day of the gathering.
Further the coordinator must wear a "French Maids Uniform"  (complete wiith fish net stockings)!

The only requirement placed on attendees is they must notify the coordinator no later that 2:30 a.m. of what their specific order will be.  (i.e. 2 creams 1 sugar vs 2 sugars 1 cream etc.)

RAB

(Who's have really serious problems posting to this, something is terribly wrong.  It keeps moving backward to previous sentences and won't allow me to see what I'm posting as I type!

What's that all about?   ???

RAB   ;D

Who's totally freaked out with what's going on!

Edit to add:  It's still hapening.  Anytime I touch the space bar, enter key, o4r backspace, it6 mosves me back to some previous sentence, and anything I type is then inserted ithere.  I still can't see what I'm tryping, or where it's actually being inserted.  What ooh what have I done now?   ???

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 05:50:52 pm by RAB »

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 07:26:08 pm »
Not so fast Mister.

RAB

(Who's have really serious problems posting to this, something is terribly wrong.  It keeps moving backward to previous sentences and won't allow me to see what I'm posting as I type!

RAB   ;D

Edit to add:  It's still hapening.  Anytime I touch the space bar, enter key, o4r backspace, it6 mosves me back to some previous sentence, and anything I type is then inserted ithere.  I still can't see what I'm tryping, or where it's actually being inserted.  What ooh what have I done now?   ???

RAB,

I complained of this months ago and Peter said no one else was having the same issue.  I assumed that it was just me.  Guess not.  So Peter, the ball is back in your court.

Hoping for a quick resolution, Ric

Offline Dennis

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 12:25:16 am »
There's an AMG handbook?  Who knew?  For the past three years I've been winging it!

Is there a section in there on how the location for AMG should be decided each year, as well as time of year?

Ciao,

Dennis...who's french maid uniform will be in the cleaners the week of AMG. Sorry!

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 01:48:52 am »
There's an AMG handbook?  Who knew?  For the past three years I've been winging it!

Is there a section in there on how the location for AMG should be decided each year, as well as time of year?

Ciao,

Dennis...who's french maid uniform will be in the cleaners the week of AMG. Sorry!

a thong or bikini briefs will do as a fine substitution!

To Ric & RAB -- if my post is longer than one screen (ie I need to use the scroll bar) It's hard to see what I'm typing because it keeps jumping up to the previous line.

AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 08:00:52 am »

RAB   ;D

Hmmmm??  Sounds to me like someone did NOT get a visit from the Coffee man in the French Maid outfit this morning??  Or................  he DID get the visit, but chose to do "other things" than drink the coffee.....

;D

Mike

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 08:14:06 am »
Mine has been jumping for months.  I even posted about it in OT and was told no one else was having the problem.  I know that BT65 is also having the same issue.  Personally, it makes me motion sick watching the posting section jump up and down while I'm trying to type.  Happens when I'm sending PMs, too. 

Mum (who's hotel has a breakfast buffet if anyone wants to sachet on over)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Dennis

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 10:17:22 am »
According to the reviews about the two places listed above, they appear to be great places to go for breakfast for those with hangovers. Everyone in our group should be in good company!

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:06 am »

wrong thread!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:28:45 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2009, 11:45:16 pm »
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for this thread....I was actually lying in bed the other night wondering if the room had a coffee maker and if not (slight panic setting in) how far it was to get a cup of coffee in the morning. Good to know it is just right around the corner, 'cause I'm a REAL B*TCH in the a.m. till I get my coffee, no really I am.

However afterwards I'm quite lovable.

-Will

p.s. - the "jumpy posting thingie" happens to me and is quite annoying, so I try not to write too much (which is actually a plus for the audience)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:47 am »
I checked out both places this weekend......

Berkeley Perk is adjacent to the Chandler on Berkeley street.  Billy's is 3 doors down from there.  I didn't order anything at Berkeley Perk, but it looks very nice and opens at 6:30am.  We had breakfast at Billy's -- it was good and fairly quick -- they open at 6:00 am.  While we were sitting there we saw them doing a VERY brisk take out volume.  It's a small, "homey" greasy spoon type of place -- perfect for Breakfast.  Most importantly, the coffee was OK.

Mike

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.