Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:51:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 579
Total: 580

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Juluca : anyone with muscle pain and stiffness?  (Read 7085 times)

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
Juluca : anyone with muscle pain and stiffness?
« on: April 19, 2021, 03:49:45 am »
Hi,

I have recently ( 1 month) switched from Genvoya to Juluca.
It seems like the most obvious side effect is in the muscle area and lower back. I am very sporty and never had muscle pains in the past.
Anyone ?

Thnx

Grtzs
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Juluca : anyone with muscle pain and stiffness?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 06:36:03 pm »
One of the side effects is "Muscle or joint Aches"

Not being on that medication, I cant really supply any more info.

Here's the website: ( Of Side effects)

https://us.juluca.com/risks-and-side-effects/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4NGRla6L8AIVhLzICh2kiADAEAAYAiAAEgIa7fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I would also bring to to the attention of your doctor

Ray
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 06:39:18 pm by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 06:44:38 pm »
Hi,..

If you were developing a rash with the muscle pain and aches, then there's the possibility of a problem.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 06:46:20 pm »

PS,..

Haven't seen you here in quite some time,... Hope everything else, is going well for you.

Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 10:52:52 am »
Hi Ray,

Thank you so much for your help.

I have seen my doctor today and it was decided to switch me to Dovato as these muscle pain may very well have been caused by Juluca. I also had hot flashes ( and my penopause has long gone) and allergic reaction  in my face, with redness and a constant hot feeling.
I am doing very fine ( well except for my essential trombocetemia, which i treat with the chemotherapy ( Hydrea) ).

But life has been good to me. I turn 66 and will soon have 40 years of infection on my list. 

keep safe and healthy and thanks again. Hope you are doing fine

herman

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 10:27:38 am »
Hi Ray,

I have seen my doctor today and it was decided to switch me to Dovato as these muscle pain may very well have been caused by Juluca

I am doing very fine ( well except for my essential trombocetemia, which i treat with the chemotherapy ( Hydrea) ).

But life has been good to me. I turn 66 and will soon have 40 years of infection on my list. 

herman

Hello Herman,...

Hopefully the switch to Dovato, may help to resolve the muscle pain. And the trombocetemia, is being treated,  so that's great.

Everything is going pretty good this way. I will be 70 this year.  :P Damn !!  :) But getting by each day.

Take care of yourself, and I hope the Dovato works out for you !

Ray  8)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 10:32:39 am »
Herman,..

One of the reasons I remember you, Is because years ago , you and I were on the same or similar 4 drug regimen.  At least I think it was you, I may be wrong the brain is getting older these days !  ;D

I think we both had Viread added to our regimens.

Take care---Ray

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 11:38:04 am »
Yes Ray,

I do remember that. I have been on so many regimes, as so many of them failed. But I am still around.
Remember at the beginning.... at last in the 90's when I swallowed 36 pills a day .

It is such a miracle to still be around. But hey... let's go on living.

grtz

Herman

Offline Grendal

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2021, 05:44:17 pm »
How is dovato working for you? I got rhabdomylosis from tivicay but do ok on genvoya. Really wish I could’ve tolerated anything with tivicay because the pills are so small.

Offline heartforyou

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 08:11:22 am »
Hi Grendal,

I had no complaints about Genvoya. Splendid. But due to my start with Hydrea I had to switch to Juluca. That wasn't good at all.

I do well on Dovato. No side effects for me.

All the best

Herman

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.