Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 01:05:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773214
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 463
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Bush's Legacy=Douchebag of Mythic proportions! 30Billion for AIDS.......  (Read 4434 times)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
In AFRICA!  Guy still doesnt give a shit about his own country!  Mr. Presi...wait I can't even call him that. Hey DOUCHEBAG,  there are over a MILLION people in this country who could put 30 billion to good use.  Why don't you try taking care of your own first, and then branch out!!!  Or are you planning to bring your "abstinance" plan to the deep jungles of Africa?  I'm sure they will go for it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3224301&page=1

My FAVORITE quote from this one...

With the president increasingly isolated by the Iraq war, and facing all-time low approval ratings, the White House is viewing Africa as a place where Bush can claim a legacy.

So what he is saying essentially is.... "Noone here likes us, they will never like us, lets see if we can get those people over in Africa to like us."

This man is the worlds largest ASSCLOWN!

PS
I may get slammed for this but here goes..... Anyone else REALLY fucking tired of Africa being the celeb cause du jour?  I mean the Red campaign, Gates foundation, and now this.  Can't we use the money in this country?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:50:24 am by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Dan J.

Ac I completely agree with you.  The millions of  hiv+ people in the United States have a real opportunity in 2008 to rally together & get behind a candidate that will put our needs first before going out & saving the rest of the world. It is time to make our voice heard. If we don't fight for ourselves who will?

Dan

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
I hear ya AC.  I too get frustrated when I see the call go out to help those suffering throughout the world when we have millions of own who are suffering.  However, in the big scheme of things 30B for AIDS in Africa or for that matter the entire amount spent on foreign aid is such a small percentage of the national budget that it really doesn't affect us much.  I do believe we are called upon to help all people therefore let's not worry about the 30B going to Africa, but the trillions that we will end up spending on this war or the billions that are given to corporations and the wealthiest in tax breaks.  By reshuffling our resources and focus we would be able to take care of our own and do a better job of helping others throughout the world.

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Basquo

I did the math, and it says $14,000 will be spent per person in Africa (from the 2.5m he says he'll help,) $2800 per year. I guess he wants to get our money's worth, and it's cheaper to help people over there.

Douchebag indeedy!

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
With the waiting lists for ADAP in some states and the draconian eligibility requirements in too many others (Florida included), this does seem like so much window dressing for the Bush legacy. But rest assured that historians will speak of this era with the same contempt reserved for Harding and Hoover (and Pierce, an ancestor of Barbara Bush's BTW).

Brent
(Whose loathing of the current administration is well documented)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
   Once again, our #1 Dickhead screws up royally. He has finally woken up and realized that, basically, the entire world hates his freakin' guts. And of course he responds in the only way he knows how, by trying to bribe his way. I totally agree with helping Africa out, but he should be taking care of business at home first. Making sure ADAP is adequately funded would be a great place to start. $30 billion is not such a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, perhaps we could divert the money away from Halliburton, and other who are massively profitting from the "war" in Iraq. It would be a great thing to see the tax-fattened hyenas like Bush/Cheney and all their business associates starve to death. When there is no way out of the grave you have dug for yourself, the next best thing to do is try to distract and deflect peoples attention away from the reality of the situation, and that is what he is trying to do. Unfortunately, he is using $30 billion to do it. I agree with Woodsie, Tax the shit out of the rich corporations, take away the welfare system that they depend on, and use the money for something that is actually going to do some good. I guess though, that when you do not understand the meaning of the word "good" you cannot do anyting even remotely like it.

Capt.Carl (who is still waiting to outlive Bush so he can piss on his grave)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
PS
I may get slammed for this but here goes..... Anyone else REALLY fucking tired of Africa being the celeb cause du jour?  I mean the Red campaign, Gates foundation, and now this.  Can't we use the money in this country?

One of my very first responses to this site was how I felt that unless HIV and gay people had a lobbying group like the NRA we are fucked.  People laughed me down and made really stupid comments that if applied to other minorities wouldn't even dare to get mentioned.
Besides this when Ryan White was getting the Bush treatment another well respected denizen of the site said it was about time to take away the big money given to places like NY and LA.
Ceaser called this divide and conquer!
When PWA and HIV in America speak up something will be done, otherwise this is more the same pr that Katrina victims are getting- promises!

Let's just take a quick poll and see how many people at this site are involved in anything outside their major health concerns or 24/7 at aidsmeds (now I will be the one slammed). Honey as my mother always said it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.  Out of curiosity during the aidsmeds gatherings is anything political discussed? What we need is a group who's only agenda is PWA/HIV.
In the 4 years at this site I still haven't changes my mind!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline DanielMark

This fiasco called Bush has accomplished nothing but needless death and destruction. Such will be the legacy of your alleged “leader.” No matter what he does now, you just can’t wash that much blood off your hands.
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Let's just take a quick poll and see how many people at this site are involved in anything outside their major health concerns or 24/7 at aidsmeds (now I will be the one slammed). Honey as my mother always said it is the squeaky wheel that gets the grease.  Out of curiosity during the aidsmeds gatherings is anything political discussed? What we need is a group who's only agenda is PWA/HIV.
In the 4 years at this site I still haven't changes my mind!

Another gem your mom should have said.... "You attract more bees with HONEY" my dear.  Be the change that you seek is also a good one.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.