Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:26:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 632
Total: 632

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fed up  (Read 4620 times)

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
Fed up
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:28:20 pm »

When you are sick of pills, pain and appointments, and tired of crying for lost and friends, and one very ill, what do u do?
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline wolfter

Re: Fed up
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 09:56:30 pm »
When you are sick of pills, pain and appointments, and tired of crying for lost and friends, and one very ill, what do u do?

Continue to hold on to HOPE.  I go through periodic periods of extreme mourning and grief and know my own thoughts and feelings make it worse.  I usually come here in those dark moments and allow others to shine a little lightness on my darkness.  I think most of have been through what you're experiencing and deal with it differently.

I ultimately rearrive at the conclusion that what ever I'm dealing with at the time, it is still better than not being here to deal with them. 

Take care and tell us a little more what's going on with you.

Greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 06:38:40 am »
Hi,

Hope is important and  absence off it in any form is a pretty good pointer towards depression. In the Past I have used one to one therapy, and Support groups and they have really helped. As Mr.Wolf said tell us somemore so we can understand your situation better
Take Care
Michael
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline LongTimeSurvivor

• I don'no...there may be Zombears...in theres...
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2012, 08:26:55 pm »
I think of what the other option is...pills, etc. seem a much better fate...
Of course it's important. It's an email...

Offline LifeIsBeyondMore

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 12:40:21 am »
have faith and hope, that things can and will get  better

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 08:20:47 am »
Life, I know your intentions are the best. However this particular forum is for longterm survivors specifically and is off limits to you. Please read the opening thread. You do not fit the definition of that category.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Andy Velez

Offline konkrypton

• Everything works...in theory.
    • Pan/Satyr Lover
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 01:25:18 am »
Hi Tempe,

Believe me, I lost my second partner 4 yrs ago, so I feel your pain. Most of the time I don't let myself cry. I've been in therapy for the last 4 yrs, and I'm getting over the loss. But I've had to learn to cry when appropriate and to acknowledge my feelings.

So my advice to you is to accept that you feel however you feel, and why you feel that way. Once you do, you can work on what might make you feel better. For me, it's remembering all the people I used to know, who aren't with me now. I believe I owe it to them to keep going. To use what time I have here on Earth to make things better.

Currently that means helping the roommate I live with. He's 84 and lost his partner of 35 yrs several years ago. He's just found out he has diabetes, which I also have, and I'm helping him learn to count his food in the right way.

My point is that there are always people who have it worse than we do. If you find yourself helping someone, it does good things for them and for your karma and also your mood.

Post something again soon to let us know how you are doing.
KK
--
I distrust morning people. I suspect they setup the rules of life while the rest of us slept.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.