Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 02:05:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 145
Total: 145

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Getting my Love Bumps Removed...OUCH  (Read 17606 times)

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
Getting my Love Bumps Removed...OUCH
« on: November 02, 2010, 12:48:55 pm »
Happy November All

Friday I am going to get my latest case of anal warts removed.  This has been the third flare up in about 1.5 years so doc thinks it is time to do something a little more drastic.  I will be having the little fuckers lasered off.  Most of them are outside with very few on the inside (so he says).  He says it is same day surgery and I plan to take about 4 days to recover before going back to work.

I have heard this is painful so I know what I am in for but wondering if the fact that they are external mean it may hurt a bit less?  Also, will I be giving pain killers or just have to take over the counter stuff?

Thanks for any in-site any of you have into this pain in my ass (pun intended)

Offline bear60

Re: Getting my Love Bumps Removed...OUCH
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2010, 01:14:44 pm »
Hi Pete
Good luck.  Wishing you well.
Talk to your doctor about the pain killers.

Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2010, 01:32:32 pm »

Good luck with the surgery Pete. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Nextdoor_guy

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2010, 03:03:58 pm »
Feels good to know that am not alone with the same fucking problem
I will go finally at the end of the month to see a rectal surgeon, cause I cannot stand anymore this warts and the pain the cause, specially when is the bowel movement.

this will be my first time to see a proctologist, and I am scared and so ashamed...

Good luck with this Pete and keep us posted how was the surgery and how is after.
There's too much confusion.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2010, 03:16:31 pm »
Nextdoor

I am in no pain at all but that may because most of mine are on the outside.   Are you sure they are warts?  Maybe you have a hemmoroid or fissure - they tend to hurt especially after a bowel movement.

Thanks for the well wishes

Pete

Offline natthai

• The truth is not determined by majority vote.
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »
I just had one frozen off 2 weeks ago. Luckily for me it was genital and not anal. The procedure was quick, painless and 2 weeks later it is totally gone with no scar or marks left. Before my infection I had a very small one in a similar location and after abount 3 months it completely went away on its own. When I asked the Doctor why this one didn't she said it was most likely due to my immune system not being able to take care of the wart on its own. Anyway, good luck!
Infection date: February 14, 2010 (yeah really)
08/03/2010 - CD4 621 (27%) VL 72,250
25/03/2010 - CD4 981 (28%) VL 122,719 <-started anti-oxidants (ABCDE, Se, ALA, NAC)
11/08/2010 - CD4 1,365 (31%) VL 5,451

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 03:33:10 pm »
Peteypie, when I've had butthole laser treatments I've taken a xanax or two before going in, and then hydrocodone afterwards -- all at the insistence/direction of the doctor.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 03:36:07 pm »
Good luck Pete . I had that surgery about 12 years ago . It really wasn't that bad at all really , my discomfort was minimal . The best part is I have never had a problem with them since .

I had an excellent surgeon that gave really good after care for many months after . He rechecked me and treated the problem area after surgery so that I would have less of a chance of them reoccurring , and it seems to have worked .    
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2010, 05:28:14 pm »
Let me just say Pete, I really hope they give you some decent pain meds after shoving a laser up your bum and shooting your cells to heck! I mean seriously! Well, anyway, best of luck for a quick recovery!

odyssey
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline pozoz

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 08:26:24 pm »
Just curious, how do you prepare for these appointments?

Obviously when going to get your bum checked you wouldn't want any "surprises" like poo suddenly appearing...Do they ask you to do anything to remain clean during this exam/treatment?

I'm going in a week to get what I think may be an external wart removed/frozen off and wondering how I should get ready to have at least two people in the office looking at my bum and being sure I can keep at least a little dignity knowing there will be no surprises which would be pretty embarrassing...Especially if they want to look further and check internally, I have not been asked to do anything special before this appointment so was just wondering...Thanks...
Seroconverted Aug 2008
Tested Pos      May 2009
Verimune XR / Descovy
 576  34%. U/D

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 08:34:08 pm »

Obviously when going to get your bum checked you wouldn't want any "surprises" like poo suddenly appearing...Do they ask you to do anything to remain clean during this exam/treatment?

No, just take a shower.  It's a fucking butt doctor -- do you think they get queasy seeing fecal matter stray debris and dingleberries all day long? 

Offline pozoz

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:43:49 pm »
Yep thought as much, LOL

Suppose that's what they do and expect to see it all, just thought if they stick one of those anoscope things in there and want to look for internal dingleberries and such, it might be better if there were none...never having anything like this done before may explain ...guess aftr the first time I wont care as much ... :-\
Seroconverted Aug 2008
Tested Pos      May 2009
Verimune XR / Descovy
 576  34%. U/D

Offline littleprince

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 03:39:16 am »
I had some butt surgery a few years ago (not warts) and found that sitting in a warm bath really helped with the pain. This was suggested by my doctor but you may want to check with yours as you will have external wounds and mine were internal. I was sceptical at first but the hot water really helped reduce the pain while waiting for the pain killers to kick in.

This may be getting into a little too much detail but I also found that having a hose connected to a tap in the bathroom was useful for washing your nether regions. In my case I couldn't wipe so a water jet was the only option  :) 

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2010, 09:59:29 am »
Happy November All

I have heard this is painful so I know what I am in for but wondering if the fact that they are external mean it may hurt a bit less?  Also, will I be giving pain killers or just have to take over the counter stuff?

Thanks for any in-site any of you have into this pain in my ass (pun intended)

Good luck !! Honestly, yes it was painful, and you will be given some sort of pain medication. All I had was the external warts, two separate clusters of them. 

I had mine removed on a Friday, and went back to work on Monday.  I probably could have used a couple more days off, as walking around with gauze pads and two pairs of underwear on wasn't fun to be at work.  But, I managed. 

The first couple bowel movements are going to hurt, and there may ber some slight bleediing.

Get yourself some moist wipes, and only pat yourself , don't wipe, .

Just make sure to  follow your Surgeons directions following surgery. You are not going to want to do much the first couple days.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2010, 10:07:24 am »

I copied and pasted this from this thread:

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=26683.msg334846#msg334846

This was how my wart removal went: From that thread)

Hello Everyone !!

First , I want to thank everyone for your thoughts and words. The surgery was a success !  Smiley

Ed and I left for the hospital at 6:15 this morning , and got there at 6:30. I followed the map they gave me,( to get around the hospital) and got to the nurses station with no problem.  After, checking in, the nurse brought out a stretcher and directed both of us to the surgery waiting room. She then ask me to take off all my clothes, put on the hospital robe, and go ahead and lay down, and take it easy. She then took my temp, pulse, blood pressure listened to my lungs.  Everything was fine ! Ed was present during all of this.

The nurse then brought in the roll-around computer, which refused to work right, so she went and got another one. She then proceeded to ask a few more questions, I gave a copy on my Surrogate for health care affairs, so she could place in my files just in case of some enexpected emergency.

At 8:45am A studly-hunk guy came into the room and asked me If I was ready. I said Oh yeah !   Smiley

He then rolled me into the pre-op area, I answered a few more questions, and I met with the surgeon. He also ask me if there was anything that I needed to know or ask, before proceeding. I asked if biopsies were going to be taken , of any removed material, as I am concerned about any abnormal cells, because of the HPV. He said yes. That was about the only question I had asked.

He said I can go back to regular diet, when I get home, Also suggested I take a stool softener, for a while.

There were two nurses on duty, And around 9:05 she ask me If was ready to get things rolling. I said "Lets go !!  Tongue

She then proceeded to place an IV onto my left wrist, And started off with some pain medication, I think at this time she also injected an antibiotic into the IV.  The antibiotic was Cefazolin 1gm IV dose X 1 dose.

The studly young guy came back, and rolled me into the operating room. The last thing I remember, was was shifting myself from the stretcher/bed, on to the operating table.

I was then asleep.......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

and some more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The next thing I knew two nurses were hovering over me, and asking me how I felt. I said I feel really great !! Approximately, one hour had passed, since I shifted myself to the operating table.

I stayed in the recovery room, for about 45minute( maybe a little less), at that time they rolled me out again into another room, where they called Ed, ( on a hospital cell phone that the provided.)

I still had the IV on the wrist. The stuff in the bottle was "Lactated ringers Solution"  Have no idea what that is.

Ed came into the room  just a couple minutes later. They still had me wired up, an checking my blood pressure.

At 10:58 Blood pressure was 145/97 , pulse 74 respiration 18, SAO2 97% temp 98.5

at 11:20 BP was 141/88 , then followed by 156/98, then 149 /96. Finally it got down to normal.

I was thirsty, so the nurse gave me some ice chips ,  and then asked me, if I wanted something to drink.  So I go myself a big glass of Cranberry juice, after that glass, I had one more.

I then said I had to go take a leak, she brought the IV bottle to the bathroom and I took a very nice long leak !  Smiley

She then asked me If I was ready to go home, and I said "sure"  blood pressure was all back to normal. and I was feeling pretty good

She handed me a paper stating what I can, and can't do for the next couple of days.

My backside is to be kept dry and bandaged until Sunday, at which time I can then remove the bandage and shower. there is quite a hefty bandage, running down the crack of my butt, covered by a pair of meshed  undie type thingies. I said, "what happens if I have to take a bowel movement?" I am to remove the bandage and proceed with the bowel movement ( hopefully without exerting to much effort.) and not to wipe. I'll find a way to do things delicately down there.  Roll Eyes

I was told to make a follow up appointed with the surgeon ( at his office) next Friday. So I will do that on Monday. If there is any kind of excessive bleeding or discomfort,I am to go to the emergency room.

They wrote me a prescription for Percocet. I filled it with the generic Oxycodone ( 5mg-325mg) There's 30 pills . One every 4 hours as necessary for pain.

It is now just about 3:30 in the afternoon, and I haven't needed one yet. And I am still feeling quite comfortable, and have no problem sitting. I am well padded ! I think I am still under the effect of the pain medication that was given at the hospital.

The hospital will call in a few days, for some follow up questions, to make sure I'm OK.

Ed and I went out to eat. Ed's already napping ( poor guy, between his mother and myself this past week, he's just plain worn out.

I just noticed my throat seems a little raw ( from the tube they inserted) But not too bad.

Overall, I am very pleased with the care I received today. Everyone was right on the ball, and professional !!

Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 10:39:01 am »
Thanks guys, I feel better after reading all of these stories.

I plan to do nothing all weekend and will go back to work Tuesday (barring any unforseen issues).

Work has been really slow this week and will be next week so it is a good time to get it done.

Question - will the doctor test for irregularities in the cells or do I have to ask?  I didn't think  about that until reading Ray's play by play (thanks for that, Ray).

Question 2 - how long will I have to wait to have sex again?  Believe me, I am not getting any lately but just wondering.  I will ask the doctor too - he is a big queen so I wont feel embarrased. 

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 11:56:03 am »
Pete, what kind of doctor is that you just went to?

At any rate, after you fully clear yourself of anal warts you most likely will want to do regular monitoring of what is called anal dysplasia -- only if they then see what's called "high grade" pre-cancerous cell problems would they then zap that area.  Don't let the "cancer" word scare you, it's not cancer, it's just areas that have a higher chance of leading to that in the long term.  But I ask what kind of doctor is doing the current anal wart treatment as if it's an appropriate doctor they should be discussing future issues with you -- you need to find out if this doctor has experience with this issue fully, and not just removing anal warts.

If your New Jersey insurance with your new job allows you, of if your new job is actually in NY, I can give you a great referral to a gay colo-rectal surgeon in Chelsea that is completely tops with this subject, just PM me.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 01:12:56 pm »
Hey Philly

I am seeing a gay colo-rectal surgeon in Chelsea (well, I guess technically West Village).  He spoke to me about regular screenings and a cream he is going to give me to hopefully keep away further outbreaks.  He is very experienced with this issue.

I will PM you, funny if we have the same ass doctor :)

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 01:22:26 pm »
Uh, OK -- I'm not sure you understand the whole concept I'm talking about for post-anal warts monitoring so you need to get your doctor to explain it to you, as well as do more research on your own.  It's been detailed on here in several threads, along with copious external links.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2010, 08:22:46 am »
Hope all goes well Pete,
t
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline edfu

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 09:04:38 am »
I as well hope this goes OK for you.  I must mention, though, that a recent study, which I've previously posted here, indicates that anal warts must not only be removed, but they should also be biopsied.  This, unfortunately, is not universally done.

http://www.aidsmap.com/page/1439014/

"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 04:33:09 pm »
All Done.  Recovering at home wtih some good pain meds.  No pain but haven't pooped yet so we shall see. 

I had to buy Maxi Pads because doc said they work best to keep any blood from staining your clothes.   That was a first  lol

Offline northernguy

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 09:39:19 pm »
As I've mentioned before, the preferred method for treating them here is Infrared Coagulation, different from lasering I think.  Last trip (2nd time) I felt no pain whatsoever, and had no bleeding.  Hopefully future appt's will be as good.

Pete, be aware this will require monitoring.  Here it is every @ every 6 months, as warts can have a way of coming back.

As to prep, the doc specifically said do NOT have an enema beforehand.  That tends to wash things down closer to the anus (and smooths the rectal wall, making warts harder to detect).  The scope they use will push anything back up.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2010, 01:10:44 am »
Pete,

I'm glad things are going well.  I'm glad you got good pain control.  I know some docs are stingy with the meds.  I'm wishing you the best for that first poo---if you haven't already had it.  I don't know what it feels like to have surgery there, and I can only imagine that first poo. 

Post some pix of that beautiful, healed pucker. 

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2010, 03:08:01 pm »

Hows everything going today, for you Pete?   Wishing a speedy recovery. It was that second and third day for me, that was the most uncomfortable. After that, the healing process went pretty fast.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2010, 04:17:02 pm »
Yeah, it was the 2nd day for me too.  And just wait until you take your first shit.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2010, 10:55:06 pm »
hey gang

I keep vomiting up the vicodin...what should I do?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2010, 11:03:01 pm »
hey gang

I'd assume that you're having a reaction to it, I guess because you don't like opioids.  Are you eating when you take it or doing it on an empty tummy?  Try eating.

http://pain.emedtv.com/vicodin/vicodin-side-effects.html

It it's still going on in the morning you're kind of up shit's creek until you can call your doctor. 

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2010, 12:39:05 am »
hey gang

My brother and mom couldn't take Vicodin at first and both got really ill.  I think the more they took, their bodies got use to them cause they sure can take them now.  I think they both took phenegren first and then their pains meds. 

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2010, 07:24:16 am »
Pete
Although I have never thrown -up after taking Vicadin., or any kind of pain killer for that fact,  I have always made sure that I have had something to eat prior to taking them. It can help to alleviate that nauseous feeling.

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 07:31:42 am »
I was in school and couldnt take pain killers after the lasering.  First shit after that is a memorable experience in my life.  :)  That was in the early 90's. Everyone is different. 

The way I looked at it, it was "healing" and temporary pain, and very "clean" searing kind of pain feeling.  I dunno. Arent there other pain killers than the one you can't stomach?  What about over the counter pain medication.  Might be enough.

Anyway, good luck.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline David_CA

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2010, 03:13:27 pm »
hey gang

Hi Pete,

I had surgery on a finger a few years ago and was given hydrocodone (Vicodin).  It made me sick as hell.  I called the Dr. and was then given oxycodone and Phenergan, which did not bother me at all.  I now remember there's an 'H' in heave and in hydrocodone.  Good luck with it.
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2010, 06:12:08 pm »
I think taking them on an empty stomach was the issue.  Been fine since doing that.  I am back at work tomorrow - not in mych pain at all - more discomfort than anything else. 

Thanks for all the well wishes

Pete

Offline Nextdoor_guy

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2010, 06:15:48 pm »
Happy to hear that you're ok Pete!
I still have 3 week till the big date with my rectal surgeon :D
There's too much confusion.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2010, 11:42:48 am »
Ok - 5 days.  When can I expect the  swelling to go down?  It hurts to even try to wipe the area, it is so swollen.

I am done with the Ketrolac, which helps with swelling, and I can't have any more since it is only supposed to be used for 5 days.

More poor little rosebud  :(

Offline nvhorseman

RE: Removing your "Love Bumps"
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »
Love Bumps, huh?  Anal and genital warts are usually caused by the Papilloma virus. This is the same virus that women have annual pap smears to detect the possibility of cancerous or pre-cancerous cells in their vagina. As in women, either externally or internally, if the warts have grown, they appear as cauliflower like growths. If on the exterior they can be crusty, hard material. After removal, do yourself a favor and take a stool softener to lessen the pain caused by normal hard "log" bowel movements.  If you have diarrhea, then take an anti-diarrhea medication to lessen the pain. 1% hydrocortisone creme rubbed on your wart removal site helps the pain and itching a bit, as does Tea Tree Oil. Keep yourself clean with a spray water bottle or bend over the shower stall and use a hand held hose shower head to wash yourself clean then towel dab dry. Water pressure on low will avert a mess, or you can just get in the shower after a bowel movement and just spritz your ass, then dry off. Warm water feels good on it anyway. Get some white cotton shop rags at Costco or a hardware store and use those. They come in 50-100 counts.  Not all Papilloma viruses cause cancer but you will never know until you have one removed and biopsied and your wart or blood tested to tell what strain of Papilloma virus you have. However, gay men have a greater than 50 per cent greater chance of developing anal, penis or oral Papilloma cancers as opposed to straight men.  More than 80 per cent of the general population has this virus in one strain or another. It is very common and is the same virus as the plantar wart virus that plagues younger people's feet. Hence, you can pick up this virus very easily. Condoms help but the virus can be spread by hand contact to any part of the body. So to put it bluntly, if you are having oral sex with your partner, even with a condom, then the more parts of his or her body you touch with your penis, hands, mouth etc., the more chance you have of spreading the virus that causes these warts and perhaps cancer, if you carry the virus. However we are assuming you and your partners do, as this is the most prevalent STD in the WORLD. This virus can lay dormant for many years but you can still pass it on. The important thing to take away from this is having your viral warts typed to know what type of Papilloma virus you have. Also, remember that you need an annual colonoscopy if you are found to have internal warts after removal, for 2-3 years running. If no further warts or polyps are found then once ever 3 to 5 years should be good, depending on what age you are. The older you are the more frequent the tests for anal polyps or warts should be.  I am sure there are more qualified posters on this site that can add more factual and medically accurate information to what I have put here.  This is just what I learned after having my "Love Bumps" removed. Like Tina Turner sang...." What's love got to do with it..."

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
Re: RE: Removing your "Love Bumps"
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2010, 12:28:34 pm »
Thanks, you don't need to start a new thread when doing a reply.  Maybe one of the moderators can move it into the original thread.

:)

Offline PeteNYNJ

• Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2010, 10:15:44 pm »
Ok  great  now I have a fever.   It started about 3 hours ago hovering around 100 degrees.  I worried this may be the start of an infection.  I have a call into the doctor waitinf for him to call me back.  Annoying, I have done everything it says to do to keep the area clean. 

annoying!

Offline northernguy

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2010, 08:08:34 pm »
Unfortunately infection can be a side effect, though maybe its just a flu bug.  Make sure to get it checked out pronto and let us know.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2010, 09:12:38 pm »
Annoying, I have done everything it says to do to keep the area clean. 

How the hell do you keep an area that is in contact with shit clean? Seems like a natural breeding ground for germs to me!
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline numbers

« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2010, 10:07:26 pm »
Hi all, I have been reading these forums for a month and everyone seems really great.  It has really helped me to come to terms with my own problems to read the posts of others who are going through the same things.  Thank you  :)  This is my first post I am putting it in this thread because I have been worried about warts and anal cancer since I have been reading about them, but my doctors don't seem concerned enough to even check.  Is this normal or shouldn't everyone get checked for them? 
Tested positive Feb. 2010 VL 181K CD4 161
Started Truvada, Prezista, and Norvir
Sept 2010 VL UD CD4 380
Jan 2011 VL UD CD4 450 I can sleep now thanks to Cipralex!
March 2011 VL UD CD4 490
September 2011 VL UD CD4 500

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2010, 10:26:31 pm »
I remember having genital warts when I was in the Army serving in Korea back in 1986 - back then the doctor used podophyllotoxin to remove them.  I remember having to leave it on for a few hours then washiing it off - it was like sulfuric acid --- my ass looked as red as a baboons.  It hurt so bad and I had to soak in small tub.  I remember crying every time I felt a bowel movement coming on because I knew how bad it was gonna hurt when I had to wipe.  I had to go for three treatments.

Fortunately, I never had a recurrence.  I'm glad to see that the treatments have progressed. 

I also remember the embarassment of having the female dermatologist handle the procedure and me saying not one of the best areas to have to work on" and her replying, "well, it is just an area."

I was also worried that the Army docs would wonder how I got the little buggers on my butt - nothing like being outed in the military by butt warts.  Luckily, no questions were raised. 

Best of luck to everyone getting their love bumps removed - worth the brief pain that one might go through (oh, and as part of their "punishment" I was given no pain meds to take).
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.