Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:37:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 290
Total: 291

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sarajevo `90  (Read 2344 times)

Offline SASA39

Sarajevo `90
« on: March 06, 2007, 06:05:37 am »
About the funds from all over the world to help fighting AIDS in Serbia >
I have had an aunt . She died 7 years ago and she was living in Sarajevo a town which was occupied by the local Serbs on the mountains.
But In Sarajevo the Muslims were in charge .
Nevertheless , every month we were sendin to her a big packages of food and later after she came to Belgrade we have found out that she has received only a 1/2 liter of oil from every one and a apple or two.
She did not as we do not know who took it but almost the whole package was gone.........( sugar , choc , cooking oil , fruits , ..........)
The same situation is with HAART drugs  overhere ...........
Serbia has been given a 12 million dollars on Nov `06 but nobody knows where the money is , and it was a state within few who has not been presented in a global anti-AIDS UN  meeting held in Oct `06 in NY , although a state commissioner was there two days before ...........
So what to say.................
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
Re: Sarajevo `90
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 08:49:10 am »
Alexander,
I know what you mean, but will not get into details about that yet.  However, I meant to ask you something about "Médécins Sans Frontières"  Doctors Without Borders, did you get any reply from them?  Were you able to get a hold of the person in charge in Belgrade?    If not, I'll PM you some information I was able to collect with the person responsible for the  Paris branch.
Hope things are going smoother for you and your family in Serbia.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:22:37 am »
Al,

I want to thank you for informing us of the terrible state of affairs in your country.  Please don't stop posting what is going on there, as we need to know the truth. 

Many of the members of this very website, plus the owners, are veterans of this epidemic, and have been activists in our country for many years.  Unfortunatly, our news outlets are not interested in informing us of what is going on there, as they just have no financial interest in your country and others in which there is still a large amount of unrest.

Many of us wish we could help you, and we read your posts with utter amazement that these kinds of things are now a part of your life.  However, there is no way anyone can impact the things that are happening to you without the honest knowledge that you are very generously giving us on a regular basis.  PLEASE DON'T STOP  Hopefully, over a longer time in the future, we can help you to develop connections to care, and help you understand the mechinism of activism and advocacy for not only you but for your countrymen. 

I read your threads, and sometimes I cry, and sometimes I hurt, because we all know that governments are not necessarily nice.  Whether it be the government of Serbia, or the corrupt government of the United States of America.  Fortunately, none of them can ruin our efforts to give you and your family hope and support, and hopefully someone here will read your posts and be able to help. 

Val has done that, and I highly recommend that you follow through with his conversation and keep in mind that you are a pioneer because you are one of the only ones in Serbia who is reaching out on your own to make things better for your family.

Please don't stop giving us updates on your struggle.

Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:16:08 am »
I am so sorry to hear the conditions you and the people of your country are faced with. These are issues not only we as HIV positive people need to read about but also conservative Republicans who wonder why there are many people of different countries "entering the US" in mass amounts and want them out, without listening to many people's stories. I really hope your posting will come to be seen by someone who can help you more than we can.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 04:20:51 pm »
Al, I read your latest entry it tells me again how we can only scarcely appreciate the horrors you and those in your country have been subjected to. And now continue to try to live through of which you have told us some.

I'm grateful you have found your way here and I hope we are able to provide comfort and help to you.

Sincerely, 

Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.