Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 321
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 316
Total: 317

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Butt warts part 2  (Read 20981 times)

Offline surf18

Butt warts part 2
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:33:14 pm »
So I had butt warts removed surgically in late January. The worst pain ever.
Took me five months to really enjoy something in there again.
Anyways it left me with a nasty old skin tag. We did the watch it thing. I hated it but hated butt surgery more.
So at last folowup a month ago it got bigger so I scd surgery and he'd do a analscope while I was under.
Had surgery today , after I was awake he told me he removed 8 warts too. I'm like wtf!!!!
This is gonna be as bad a recovery like last time!
This is bullshit.
Why didn't he see these in all my other follow ups? And wtf! Am I going to have to deal with surgery wart removal every five fuckinh months for the rest of my life? Right now I am so pissed and bitter. I'm tired of all this shit
Tired of HIV tired of fucking butt warts
Anyone have fucking warts that keep coming back like this?!?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Butt warts part 2
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:35 pm »
So I had butt warts removed surgically in late January. The worst pain ever.
Took me five months to really enjoy something in there again.
Anyways it left me with a nasty old skin tag. We did the watch it thing. I hated it but hated butt surgery more.
So at last folowup a month ago it got bigger so I scd surgery and he'd do a analscope while I was under.
Had surgery today , after I was awake he told me he removed 8 warts too. I'm like wtf!!!!
This is gonna be as bad a recovery like last time!
This is bullshit.
Why didn't he see these in all my other follow ups? And wtf! Am I going to have to deal with surgery wart removal every five fuckinh months for the rest of my life? Right now I am so pissed and bitter. I'm tired of all this shit
Tired of HIV tired of fucking butt warts
Anyone have fucking warts that keep coming back like this?!?

Love bumps can be very stubborn -- particularly in those of us of a positive persuasion. They can return quickly and frequently.

You may have to resign yourself to a fair bit of this.

Frankly, I'm grateful that Jesus chose to bless me with anal herpes rather than warts.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:51:43 pm »
Yep, Matty is correct -- I think I dealt with this for an entire year when I had them.

If it makes you feel any better I also had a grade 4 external hemorrhoid at the same time as anal warts.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:54:50 pm by Miss Philicia »
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline surf18

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 06:06:03 pm »
ahhh p thats terrible. i clicked on the link too!
so is this my life forever or do they stop coming back to me?
i could deal with the kind they freeze off but man this surgery ones suck shit. this all started last august with external ones that i used the cream on. and then they came back and led me to colorectal dr who spotted more inside and that was the first surgery. and now here again.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:13 pm »
Mine eventually stopped coming back. But I've had friends who it seemed to on longer than a year.

I only had mine surgically done after they tried freezing them off repeatedly. I don't think you need to wait five months to have anal sex after having surgery -- did your doctor tell you that?

Offline surf18

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 06:45:38 pm »
well i didnt wait that long ha after the first time, thats just how long it took to finally feel really really good.
it took a good 2.5 months before i could even handle the head back in there. i know graphic to much info blabla.
so im going on a year of butt warts. be done with these!

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2011, 06:49:37 pm »
well i didnt wait that long ha after the first time, thats just how long it took to finally feel really really good.
it took a good 2.5 months before i could even handle the head back in there. i know graphic to much info blabla.
so im going on a year of butt warts. be done with these!

Could be more than a year. Some people battle with the lurve bumps for 5+ years.

MtD

Offline surf18

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2011, 07:01:38 pm »
oh god no matt! that is not what i wanted to hear.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2011, 07:02:31 pm »
You could always consider joining a Jesuit order.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2011, 08:03:19 pm »
You just had surgery so its understandable you are angry and worried.

I had laser surgery way back in the early nineties. That first crap is the worst pain I ever remember.  I broke a bone as a kid though, but I don't remember the pain now, just know it hurt.  But not a white pain like that crap.

That said, just my personal experience that recovery didn't take all that long.  Then again at the time I wasn't much of a bottom. 

Maybe your recovery really wont take so very long this time. 

I do think what we can take in the butt can be wrapped up with emotions.  Is that possible?  Can you ask the doctor how long the average butt takes to heal from these procedures?  Maybe where there is a will, there's a way....  Love your butt, even if it has a tendency at the moment to grow bumps.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline surf18

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2011, 08:41:01 pm »
hahah thanks meech. i love my butt! but it gets me in jams! haha

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2011, 09:03:27 pm »
hahah thanks meech. i love my butt! but it gets me in jams! haha

Don't fret too much Surfala. If all else fails there's always the RectoRotor:

:-*

MtD

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 10:28:03 pm »
You're all a bunch of evil whores.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 10:40:01 pm »

Sounds like someone needs an enema! :)

MtD

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2011, 02:03:28 am »
that looks like a medievel torture device.  but i bet you would be squeaky clean when it was done.  lol
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 02:15:50 am »
that looks like a medievel torture device.  but i bet you would be squeaky clean when it was done.  lol

And pretty much prepared to confess to anything. ;)

MtD

Offline edfu

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 05:26:05 am »

I hope he is also having biopsies done on the warts.  This is essential:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Pre-cancerous-cell-changes-sometimes-hidden-in-anal-warts-of-gay-men/page/1439014/
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 06:57:26 am »
I hope he is also having biopsies done on the warts.  This is essential:

http://www.aidsmap.com/Pre-cancerous-cell-changes-sometimes-hidden-in-anal-warts-of-gay-men/page/1439014/

Edina makes a good point.

Ass cancer. Always to be avoided.

MtD

Offline surf18

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2011, 07:48:08 am »
Oh yes everything gets sent for testing.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2011, 10:43:06 am »
When I was a kid in the 60's and got my tonsillectomy, they made good seemingly innocent fun of showing me the excised thingy.  Funny how nobody would ever show one his warts on a stainless platter after laser!  My bf at the time was in Med School where they did the deed, so he went to the surgery, and after he made good fun about telling me how wide they dilated my ass. He said you could put a football in there.  I always thought that was the source of the pain I had for a few weeks.  Extreme stretching!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2011, 12:41:23 am »
ugggh...all this sounds so painful.  i think i'm going to close the back door for a while.  I had a couple small one's removed about 10 years ago on the outside with a little cream pre-hiv dx.  Reading this is now making me feel around to see if I notice anything.  That's my excuse and i'm sticking to it.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2011, 08:18:39 am »
My clinic does a high resolution anoscopy every year on all their HIV patients.  I was just told by my doctor the other day that I would be scheduled for one now and every year hereafter.   My doctor was very reassuring that anal cancer is rare however, it must be somewhat common to go through so much trouble.

HIV ......... What a pandoras box
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline redbull

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2011, 10:53:30 am »
Im so sorry man.  Ive had my own issues down there....nothing like what your going through though.  Any chance of you being a top until your over all this? 
If you wish to see the best in others, show the best of yourself.

5/20/09  tested poz
6/2/09  CD4-94    VL-380,000
8/09   Allergic reaction to bactrim
9/09/09  started Atripla
5/10    cd4 315  vl undetectable
3/11    cd4 400  undetectable
6/11.   Cd4 520. Undetectable
12/11. Cd4 450. Undetectable
6/12.   Cd4 600. UD
2/13.   Cd4 425. UD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2011, 11:27:19 am »
I've had a history of colon polyps and a family history also.  I had a colonoscopy earlier this year that lead to having a scope that led to surgery.  They thought they were removing a protruding roid that led to a disocvery of lesions that led to the most horrid recovery every.  3 months laters and my doctor is starting to get nasty with the Columbus hospital because we've not seen any pathology reports.  My follow up appointment with the surgeon didn't produce any results.  He seemed concerned about the results and wanted my primary physican to explain them.  But they refuse to provide the results!  The only thing we know at this point is that they were high grade neoplasia.  

I don't have the exact numbers, but gay men have something like a 60 fold increase in the chance of anal cancer.  My doctor explained that if we have these lesions removed early, the recovery won't be as bad.  I waited too many years and allowed them to get a firm hold and grow that led to a horrendous amount of pain.  I have to have spinal taps done every 3 months which seems like sipping lemonaide compared to the recovery of that procedure.  

If you all need some practical advice after the procedure, I'll be glad to share the gory details.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline thelovedones

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2011, 06:32:48 pm »
I had the anal wart surgery about 5 years ago. It really, really sucked. One did come back on the outside but the doc at the time zapped it and after that, none came back.

Fast forward to this year. After I was diagnosed poz this year and got hooked up with a very awesome and thorough MD. He did some extensive tests and found that I also have herpes which I had no idea I had (great!), so here's the latest: while I don't have any warts, the test showed high risk for HPV, so he put me on the Aldara cream for 3 MONTHS to prevent them coming on. Well, the problem with the cream is that it is extremely irritating to the skin and makes it itch like a muthafucker down there. The constant itching I think may have precipitated a herpes outbreak, but I cant tell. I'm just taking the Valcyclovir he prescribed and hopefully that will make everything ok.

Like WTF, at 40, I really hoped that things would begin to get easier. Oh well.
2/26/11 – Diagnosis at State Dept of Health (anonymous testing center)
2/28/11 – Oral Swab Positive diagnosis and confirmatory blood test taken
3/4/11 – Confirmed HIV Positive diagnosis; blood drawn for T-cell count, VL, and medical profile
3/11/11 – VL: 192765, T-cell: 195
3/16/11 – Prescribed Atripla and took Pill 1
4/29/11 - VL: 413, T-cell: 311
6/28/11 - VL: UNDETECTABLE, T-Cell: 437

"I've seen this happen in other people's lives and now it's happening in mine"

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2011, 09:33:49 pm »
I had the anal wart surgery about 5 years ago. It really, really sucked. One did come back on the outside but the doc at the time zapped it and after that, none came back.

Fast forward to this year. After I was diagnosed poz this year and got hooked up with a very awesome and thorough MD. He did some extensive tests and found that I also have herpes which I had no idea I had (great!), so here's the latest: while I don't have any warts, the test showed high risk for HPV, so he put me on the Aldara cream for 3 MONTHS to prevent them coming on. Well, the problem with the cream is that it is extremely irritating to the skin and makes it itch like a muthafucker down there. The constant itching I think may have precipitated a herpes outbreak, but I cant tell. I'm just taking the Valcyclovir he prescribed and hopefully that will make everything ok.

Like WTF, at 40, I really hoped that things would begin to get easier. Oh well.

I have never heard of using Aldara to PREVENT warts.  I used it a few times to get rid of external warts, and everything that I've read indicates it use is to get rid of them -- I've not read anything that says to use it for prevention. 
Why does your doctor think that 3 months of Aldara will prevent warts?  I've had warts on and off for close to 6 years -- just had one removed with acid a couple of months ago.  I've had surgery twice (thankfully, with very little post-surgical pain -- things were coming out pain free about a week later and going in about 3 weeks later).  I've had at least 4 rounds of Aldara and probably 4 or 5 zapped with acid.  I'll take the acid over the Aldara any day -- that shit is extremely harsh on the ass.  Oh yeah -- I have herpes down there too -- no outbreaks since taking valtrex twice daily.
I'd certainly be asking your doctor for some additional information as to this approach.

Mike

Offline surf18

« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2011, 11:51:40 pm »
Ha red I became topish after last surgery in Jan
And blow job happy

And thelove I hear you man
I was 40 when I was Dxd in june
Then in august Dxd with hpv butt warts
That time they thought They were only external so I did the cream.
Holy butt burn
Then they came back and they found them internal, first surgery...

Offline sorryass

« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2011, 07:58:22 pm »
Not exactly light reading  :o  for the uninitiatied.  Oh...my...gosh.
Once a gardener,...............er!

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2011, 08:58:50 pm »
Not exactly light reading  :o  for the uninitiatied.  Oh...my...gosh.

For a coffin dodger, you're remarkably naieve Sorry. :)

MtD

Offline wolfter

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2011, 09:15:49 pm »
I think I'm all healed and am anxious to see if it all works correctly as before.  I guess I gotta find me a big dick pozzie to ride and grind it.  Hopefully, details to follow. ::)
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline sorryass

« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2011, 12:24:24 pm »
For a coffin dodger, you're remarkably naieve Sorry. :)

MtD
Niativity got me into this mess.  But, let me be the first to tell you.  I would'nt change my life for anything.  I have met the most wonderfull people in the world.  HIV people rock!

Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne.
Once a gardener,...............er!

*Ritonavir 100mg 2-Day
*Etravirine 100mg 2-Day
*Raltegravir 400mg 2-Day
*Prezista 600mg 2-Day

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2011, 12:26:54 pm »
Niativity got me into this mess.  But, let me be the first to tell you.  I would'nt change my life for anything.  I have met the most wonderfull people in the world.  HIV people rock!

Bertram
Keeper of the gnomne.

Good for you Bertie! :)

MtD

Offline jetboy707

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2011, 06:18:17 pm »
I'm going to see the doctor next week because I've tried for the last three years to freeze and aldara them off.
If you ask me the aldara just makes them worse. Whenever I use it there is little burn or discomfort but,
Next few times I had to potty it was bloody. This happens every time...So I am at my wits end.
I wish they could use the vaccine to make this HPV go away...It is like sitting on a pinecone.
I've been back to this DR. several Times and it seems he uses acid (?) I'm guessing.
However I cannot get seem to get any relief. I'd appreciate any helpful advice...

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2011, 07:09:59 pm »
yeah i had a couple small ones years ago, pre hiv diagnosis, dr. burned them off with acid.  it wasn't that bad, burned a little, but they were gone after 4 or 5 days.  This is only used for external ones, not internal.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2011, 08:15:39 pm »
I suspect I have butt warts but I went to see a Dr who is supposedly an authority on the subject and he said "no, no, no." All he did was stick some sort of viewing tube up my "arse." I've also had an anal pap smear that came back negative. The indignities of standing and slightly bending over while the MD goes to town swabbing and poking, uggh.

That should convince me if it weren't for the fact that I can literally feel a couple of small "things" down there and they do slightly bleed.

Maybe I need a high RES ANOSCOPY?

I'm just thinkin' out loud. Venting. What have you.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 08:22:46 pm by Inchlingblue »

Offline surf18

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2011, 09:05:27 pm »
if they bleed they might be roids down there? in all my wart time i never bled down there until after the surgery's

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »
if they bleed they might be roids down there? in all my wart time i never bled down there until after the surgery's

hmm....that's good to know

Offline edfu

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2011, 11:15:21 pm »
I suspect I have butt warts but I went to see a Dr who is supposedly an authority on the subject and he said "no, no, no." All he did was stick some sort of viewing tube up my "arse."

Maybe I need a high RES ANOSCOPY?

A hollow "viewing tube" is used in high-resolution anoscopy.  Are you sure that's not what he did? 
"No one will ever be free so long as there are pestilences."--Albert Camus, "The Plague"

"Mankind can never be free until the last brick in the last church falls on the head of the last priest."--Voltaire

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:35 pm »
The indignities of standing and slightly bending over while the MD goes to town swabbing and poking, uggh.

Well gee, Mary -- I bet you freak out when you see one speck of shit on a condom you're using.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2011, 11:58:02 pm »
Well gee, Mary -- I bet you freak out when you see one speck of shit on a condom you're using.

Ewww

Offline BJS2011

« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2011, 02:12:07 am »
What is your problem you loser. How dare you come on this site and say shit like that. This site is to help each other out not throw around snide rude comments to make someone feel bad. I am, going to report you and hopefully get you banned. This is NOT the first time I have seen nasty remarks from you.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2011, 02:21:35 am »
What is your problem you loser. How dare you come on this site and say shit like that. This site is to help each other out not throw around snide rude comments to make someone feel bad. I am, going to report you and hopefully get you banned. This is NOT the first time I have seen nasty remarks from you.

Wow, relax buddy.  I'm sure he was joking.  If you cant joke about butt warts then whats the point of getting them?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2011, 02:47:03 am »

Unlike you he was only joking when he called a member a name and humor is appreciated around here . It seems you have a habit of misreading peoples intentions .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2011, 08:54:15 am »
A hollow "viewing tube" is used in high-resolution anoscopy.  Are you sure that's not what he did? 

I always thought a high res anoscopy was a much fancier test but I guess maybe that's what he did? Thanks for the info.

lo, well, it's not exactly a  turn on . . . thank you for the morning scatology ;)

Unlike you he was only joking when he called a member a name and humor is appreciated around here . It seems you have a habit of misreading peoples intentions .   

couldn't have said it better

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2011, 02:12:09 pm »
OK, peeps. I think some comment(s) got misunderstood here.

Let's not let the rancor escalate any further. Thanks for your cooperation.

Butt warts. Big ouch. Not fondly do I recall treatment for same.
Andy Velez

Offline freaky_dream

• mmm
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2011, 04:52:46 pm »
A high res anoscopy is usually only used to confirm and locate displasia in the rectum. The scope is attached to a machine with a camera and a liquid is applied to the anal canal to make viewing lesions easier. A high res anoscopy would have only been done if the pap smear had come back positive.

As far as I know only a polyp and hemorrhoid would cause bleeding in the rectum. If your doctor is in doubt he should have ordered a sigmoidoscopy. It is a procedure done by a rectal surgeon to fully exam the inside of the rectum to confirm unusual growths. The sugeon inserts the sigmoidoscope into your rectum with a camera attached at the end that is hooked up to a monitor.

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2011, 09:22:36 pm »

As far as I know only a polyp and hemorrhoid would cause bleeding in the rectum.

So basically if a person has anal warts this will not in itself cause bleeding, even after wiping etc?

Offline surf18

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:17 pm »
im no butt dr but like i said ive had these warts and i ve never experienced bleeding. not even during wiping.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2011, 10:11:57 pm »
A high res anoscopy would have only been done if the pap smear had come back positive.

Not quite true -- some doctors do not do the pap -- they prefer to just do the high res anoscopy.

Offline edfu

« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:53 pm »
Not quite true -- some doctors do not do the pap -- they prefer to just do the high res anoscopy.

This is completely true.   I have been treated by two colorectal surgeons, and they either did not believe in the accuracy of the anal pap test or did not want to be bothered.  They went right to the high-resolution anoscopy.  Also, outside of major metropolitan areas (actually, even in NYC, where one of the surgeons was located) it is extremely difficult to find a doctor to administer the anal pap, even though it's a fairly simple procedure.

The scope is attached to a machine with a camera and a liquid is applied to the anal canal to make viewing lesions easier. 

The anoscope, outside of research situations, is not attached to a machine or a camera.  The high-resolution anoscope consists of the tube with a light and a magnifying lens.  The doctor can then view the anal canal directly after application of the 3% acetic acid, which causes lesions and areas of abnormal cell cytology to appear white.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.