Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 502
Total: 504

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lessons of HIV from members mouth  (Read 3650 times)

Offline SASA39

Lessons of HIV from members mouth
« on: May 03, 2007, 12:45:59 pm »
I`ve been member here for almost 4 months.
Since I have no relatives  and  trusted friends ( only wife and 2 little daughters ) I regard members of this site as a second family.

And like in all families I want to put a proposition on vote.

How about that we , members contribute to HIV/AIDS coping knowledge by posting an articles about some
theme but from our own experiences.[/b]

What I  mean is something like this:
You put for instance your list of additional supplements :
green tea , VitaminC , ....etc and ask members about their experiences .
After a while ( week ,two ,or when is no more answers) you drow a line and
make a conclusions :
This & this is OK , that & that is   ??? ,and that & that is probably verboten............for instance Green Tea is OK and Reishi mushrooms are  ???  because they could boost our unwanted guest by boosting immune system in same step.
Same thing could be done for additional medical tests ( chest scan , pap anal smear , .......) , strategies for mental coping , etc ,etc...............
Like some addition to a  lessons but from a members mouth.
( with advices .There is a saying in Serbia :"Ask the suffered one , and the learned too" )
Keep it short and simple and provide link if you have for those who wants more.
Zanarkand started something like that in thread
~Let`s recap on Nutrition~
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=11375.0
and A.Wesley has some good 2 threads about food too.
But we need integrating ( like J.R.E  did with Green tea topic)
Also a member on a topic would have to own a good % of knowing that particular subject ( like a M.Mee for medical issues , or Tim ( or J.R.E ) for neuropathy )..............or to provide a valuable trustfull links to a subject.
My 2 cc.
Any interested in this................................
                                         Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline SASA39

Re: Lessons of HIV from members mouth
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 12:54:58 pm »
And yes .......themes would include subjects like............
Best way to prevent (   cancer , low mood ,  polyneuropathy , osteoporosys   ........) or
How to stop ( insomnia , getting fat......)
                                                           Al
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.

Offline SASA39

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 12:56:34 pm »
Or vaccine research ( preventive ) , new drugs , various trials....................huh , this goes on & on...........
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:18:59 pm »
Al-

I might be missing something here, but isn't that what these fora are all about? We post on topics from our own experiences looking to share knowledge and comfort each other.

Brent
(Who must be confused)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline SASA39

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:30:46 pm »
You maybe right but often without conclusons.
There are many oppinions and you need a conclusion .
( based on a majority maybe )
Or maybe it was not a great idea .........
Time would judge.................and a members response
                                                     Al
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 01:42:00 pm »
As with so much else in life, I think that ultimate conclusions might be difficult to reach due to the fact that, as individuals, the ideal treatment for one might be disasterous for another.

There are no one-size-fits-all answers in the subjective reality of living with HIV, only personal anecdotes and scientificly reached findings, both of which are posted every day here.

I empathize with your isolation, Al, and do not wish to seem to minimize your concerns. As I replied earlier, perhaps there is something I'm not understanding in your OP?

Brent
(Who wishes he spoke Serbian)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:21:04 pm »
The only answer that we can come up with for you conclusively is we just don't know. Answers are as varied as our members and based on their personal experiences and beliefs...I am an atheist so spiritual remedies don't appeal to me...can't tolerate Sustiva so I take Kaletra...hate cats...I quit smoking because I know it is bad for me, but I don't think everyone that smokes is bad or will die from lung cancer...absolutes are difficult to achieve. I hate polls and voting but will go along with group consensus.

I too am saddened by your apparent isolation. Is there nothing you can do outside your home? It doesn't have to be HIV related.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 04:42:16 pm »
Al,

I was trying to avoid answering you here, but I must make comment on what is obviously a well thought out suggestion; given your circumstances.  I too, like Bucko and Doxi, have often been brought to tears by some of the things you have said here, and I know in my heart that nobody deserves to put up with what you must daily.

That being said, I have to echo the statements above, in that this is a very personal disease, and it is so because of science, and not necessarily theraputic approaches.  There are many things which we can integrate into our lives, like minimizing our exposure to germs by consuming clean water and food.  Also, for many, there are similar approaches to living well with HIV, but I still say the best and first answer to achieving that goal is to become comfortable with the virus that has taken up residence in our bodies; as ours and ours alone.  When we get to a place we can embrace it and recognize it for just exactly what it is and no more, then we can get on with living the life we have been gifted, and that my friend, is the best and most honorable thing we can do as HIV+ people.

Your participation here has helped not only you and your family, but we have also been blessed with learning what life in Serbia is like for someone who is HIV+.  Be sure, your knowledge that you share is priceless to us here on the other side of the world.

I have no idea how easy it would be for you to travel, but AIDSmeds Forums have had gatherings for two years now, and one is scheduled for September in San FRancisco.  You can read all about this lifechanging event in the AMG Gathering Forums.  Believe that anything is possible, and magic happens.

Love,

(Who is stoned, but touched by Al's challenges none the less)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.