Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:14:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 349
Total: 350

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: For those in the St.Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa,FL area.  (Read 6730 times)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
For those in the St.Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa,FL area.
« on: August 15, 2007, 10:51:11 am »
A reminder, that the St.Petersburg Aidswalk, will be held September 8th, 07, not too far in the near future.

Ed and I have walked in this for the past two years. I just came back from my doctors office for my quarterly blood tests appointment, and signed Ed and Myself up to walk with my Doctors office team. We're looking forward to it. Two of his office assistants are walking in it.

Proceeds from this walk will benefit the clients of ASAP ( AIDS service Association of Pinellas, INC ), and For AIDS Care Today (FACT). 

For more information, Click below :

http://www.aidswalkstpete.org/

If anyone would like to join us Saturday, September 8th,07 we will be meeting in the area of the Bio-scrip tent in St. Petersburg between 8:00 and 8:30 ,AM. If you would like to walk with us, let me know. I will also bump this up just before the event as a reminder. Hope to see as many as possible from the St.Petersburg, Clearwater Tampa area !! Please support this event !!

Thanks -----Ray
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:02:25 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

Re: For those in the St.Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa,FL area.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 07:22:30 pm »

Just a bump and reminder, that the Annual St. Petersburg Aidswalk, will be held this coming Saturday at Northshore Park In downtown St.Petersburg. The time for the walk will be approx.10:00 AM. Hope to see a few members from the St. Pete, Clearwater, and Tampa area, there, this Saturday !!

Directions :

http://www.aidswalkstpete.org/currentyearinfo.pl

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 10:41:04 pm »
Hello Everyone,

The alarm clock went off at 5:15 this morning, and I sluggishly got myself out of bed ! I decided to let Ed sleep a little longer.( He looked too comfortable). First thing I did, was sit in a hot tub of bath water, relaxing myself for today's events.

We left the house around 7:35 this morning, and arrived at Northshore Park, in St. Petersburg, around 8:10AM. The parking lots were already getting full, but there was still no problem finding a spot.

It was a hot day today,(Didn't seem as hot as last year), but fortunately, there was a nice breeze blowing most of the morning, that helped to keep this years walk for us a little more comfortable.

Today was the 4th Annual St. Petersburg Aids Walk, and this was the third time, that Ed and I walked in this event ! The first event was in 2004.The goal of today's Aidswalk, was to raise $125,000.00. So far $117,000.00 has been collected.(94%) There won't be a final tabulation for a little  while yet. I am also not sure at this point, the amount collected by our group. Will find that out later. It was announced that the "Tampa Bay Bears" Team, had raised the most amount of money, of all the teams today.

After arriving this morning, we went to the registration tent and and finalized everything there. I am glad we did that early. By, 9:00 am, all five of the registration tents had long lines of people registering. The walk was to begin at 10:00 am but was delayed slightly, because of the time it took, to get all the people registered. So, I think it started around 10:20.

Ed and I met up, with two of the walkers from my doctor's office staff, and we had a very brief chat at the Bio-scrip tent. I believe there were probably 6 walkers in our group, but everyone decided to split up a little bit, as we all walk at different paces. Everybody seemed pumped and ready for the walk !!

Ed and I agreed, that the turn out today seemed much larger than last years turnout. I think it's getting larger each year. So, It's great to see that kind of participation ! Once again, I am estimating that there were over 2,000 walkers. My estimations are usually low,

The  National Anthem was sung, A prayer said, and many of us had a moment of silence, in remembrance for those that have lost their lives to Aids.... The ribbon was cut, the walk began, the line of people seemed to go on for a very long time. Young, old ...A wonderful mix of people, all there, showing love and support.

Ed and I were amazed at one woman in particular walking. She had lost her son to aids. I am thinking she was probably close to 70 years of age , and using a walker. But, she was right there with everyone else. Got to love her !!

It  took Ed and myself about an hour and 15 minutes to complete the 5-k walk. Plenty of bottled water, ( supplied by the Hospice of the Florida Suncoast), juices, apples, fruits, and bananas were also supplied to anyone who desired anything, at various spots along the route. Once again, The aidswalk "Marshalls" were at numerous locations, smiling , waving, handing out water, and keeping everyone moving right along. They all did a fantastic job !! The St. Petersburg police force also did a great job in traffic control at some of the intersections.

After the walk, and after watching the entertainment that followed,( for about an hour), Ed and I left the park, and went out for lunch. We actually went to a buffet, and both of us just pigged out !! I think we put on the calories we burned off !! But , both of us were pretty hungry. We then stopped at our little local tavern in Clearwater, I had my NA Sharps beer, Ed had his Miller lite, we got home, showered, and both of us crashed out for about 4 hours ! I think the minute I hit the bed, I went right out !!

It was a moving, uplifting and an emotional event today. Will be looking forward to next Aidswalk !

Ray

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline J.R.E.

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 07:52:35 pm »
 :)

Just discovered this link. This is a brief video from St. Pete Aidswalk 2007. You will need to click on the video ;

http://www.ig.tv/

Rat

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.