Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:45:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 231
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anderson Cooper Confronts Owner Of STD Website  (Read 8178 times)

Offline tednlou2

Anderson Cooper Confronts Owner Of STD Website
« on: March 12, 2012, 03:38:10 am »
Monday, March 12:  Anderson Cooper confronts the owner of a website that provides a forum for people to publish whether someone has an STD without proof or consent.  This has been discussed here a few times.  This is his daytime talk show.  Check your local listings or check back for link, if interested. 

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: Anderson Cooper Confronts Owner Of STD Website
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:41:56 am »
Monday, March 12:  Anderson Cooper confronts the owner of a website that provides a forum for people to publish whether someone has an STD without proof or consent.  This has been discussed here a few times.  This is his daytime talk show.  Check your local listings or check back for link, if interested.

Anderson been busted?

MtD

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 05:56:27 am »
He should invite Kathy Griffin in for the grilling. She knows how to cut through the bullshit. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline zach

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 01:10:24 pm »
i've recently experieced similar. i took down my facebook. that action resulted in me being declared dead. an alumni from my high shools maintains a facebook page to remember all our classmates that passed away. she also lists "cause" of death. i don't even know this woman, she was at least ten years ahead of me.

here are the ones i took issue with, names other than mine altered

zach; class of '94, died '11 from AIDS  (and i still aint dead)
mike; class of '91, , died '90, suicide by poison
bob;  class of '86, died '89, suicide by cop,
jim; class of '81, died '84, AIDS

the whole page felt macbre and salacious. at least they took mine down when the error was pointed out. however, teh aids cat is out of the bag

moral lesson here, don't leave facebook or you'll die
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 01:16:03 pm by zach »

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 01:23:36 pm »
I've been known DEAD of teh AIDS for the last 13 yrs. by many of my Nor-Cal coworkers, but fuck them, I'm still alive  ::)

and besides, I never really liked any of em anyway  :D

Isn't it interesting that some people will always presume you DEAD, especially the ones that never liked you in the 1st place for whatever the reason was  ;D

P.S. Dennis who finds it laughable that old co-workers think I really died of teh AIDS over 13 to 15 yrs ago  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mecch

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:40:14 pm »

zach; class of '94, died '11 from AIDS  (and i still aint dead)
mike; class of '91, , died '90, suicide by poison
bob;  class of '86, died '89, suicide by cop,
jim; class of '81, died '84, AIDS

That horrendous!!! If you get the energy, you should write some classmates to put a campaign on her to pressure her to stop this trashy invasion of people's dignity.

Also, what on earth is "suicide by cop"?  he was a policeman who killed himself?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2012, 03:17:18 pm »

Also, what on earth is "suicide by cop"?  he was a policeman who killed himself?

Suicide by cop is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately acts in a threatening way, with the goal of provoking a lethal response from a law enforcement officer or other armed individual, such as being shot to death, pulling a gun on teh po po will almost certainly end in the armed individuals death.......
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2012, 03:52:29 pm »
I watched the show and Anderson has it right, when he calls the guy "A waste of breath".  The gist of the issue is the guy runs a website where anyone can post claims of people having STDs, whether it is true or not and the damage done to innocent folks.  The guy claims he doesn't control what people post, so he's safe, however, he does offer a program for $1K to help clean up the reputations that are sullied as a result of his website.

I have no words to describe this man, you have to watch it to believe he exists.  Surely antifreeze is the only thing that flows through his veins.

Joe

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2012, 04:01:51 pm »
is this about thedirty.com?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2012, 04:16:56 pm »
It appears to be nameless, for now

Modified to add the name of the site: STDcarriers.com

as it seems we provided linkage to it once before on another thread  :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:29:13 pm by Solo_LTSurvivor »
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:17:27 pm »
is this about thedirty.com?

No it's not.  Here's the blurb from Anderson's site:

STD WEBSITE: GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT

Saturday, March 10, 2012 5:00AM

On a new website, webmaster Cyrus aggregates information about whether random people have sexually transmitted diseases using info from anonymous tips, and if those written about want the information removed, they are required to hand over their medical records.

Per the site's regulations, even though STD-related information -- including lies -- can be posted about people's medical conditions with no proof. Challenging an allegation requires a clean medical record to be personally sent to Cyrus himself.

Anderson questions if this fair, arguing that people have very little reason to trust a man who created this site in the first place. As someone who's been mentioned on the site, Shannon agrees.

"People can easily say someone has an STD without proof, but then you have to have proof to get off the site?" Shannon asks Cyrus. "That means you're guilty and have to prove yourself innocent."

Read more: http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/03/12/std-website-guilty-until-proven-innocent/#ixzz1ow44GXdI

Cyrus is one creepy person with absolutely no morals, empathy or compassion.  Talk about the poster child for retroactive abortions.

Joe
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:19:34 pm by killfoile »

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2012, 05:43:38 pm »
Cyrus is one creepy person with absolutely no morals, empathy or compassion.  Talk about the poster child for retroactive abortions.

Joe

Zactly.  Case in point, check out one of his rants

Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens

Offline mecch

« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2012, 06:11:35 pm »
Suicide by cop is a suicide method in which a suicidal individual deliberately acts in a threatening way, with the goal of provoking a lethal response from a law enforcement officer or other armed individual, such as being shot to death, pulling a gun on teh po po will almost certainly end in the armed individuals death.......

Wow thanks.   I never heard of it!  How awful for the cop!

Offline mecch

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 06:13:19 pm »
.  The guy claims he doesn't control what people post, so he's safe, however, he does offer a program for $1K to help clean up the reputations that are sullied as a result of his website.

The mind boggles!

Offline mecch

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 06:26:52 pm »
"What is a scam artist?

To determine if someone is a scam artist you must first clarify the definition of a scam. To do this I have consulted the leading online authority on what words mean Merriam Webster...
"

He doesn't need Leslie Abramson, Gloria Allred, or Dershowitz.  He's got the leading authority Mrs. Merriam Webster.   He's not a scam!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lvU-DislkI

Tell me, isn't this clever of Anderson Cooper to think of this interview. It deepens the discussion we've been having, aghast at all the topics of the Republican presidential primary, and misc. state legislatures. 

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk

Past regimens

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2012, 11:46:39 pm »
This guy is a malicious fruitcake.

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2012, 03:05:11 am »
I find this to be the absolute best

I had a hard time telling if this was his own joke at his expense, someone else's joke at his expense, or him thinking this was a great idea...

Offline mecch

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2012, 07:12:30 am »
You all realise this thread needs to be merged with the Jesuit Bukkake Bomb lady in MTD's thread.  Together they will be the new STD-fighting super heroes. The world will be saved!

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=42373.0

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.