Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:22:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773210
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 521
Total: 523

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Off the trial on to maraviroc (celsentri) and Truvada / Told my BF  (Read 2762 times)

Offline lincoln6echo

Been a while since I posted but thought I'd say hi and give an update.
Since my VL was just shy of UD by week 24 of the study I was on, I couldn't go on to the 2nd phase.

As of today, I started the above meds, taking them once a day.

Anyone had any experience with this combo? Curious to know how it's worked out for you.

Also, I have only told a couple ppl about my diagnosis for one reason or another..but last night when my best friend (who is also my ex) was over, we got to talking about something completely different of an emotional nature..and I broke down and started to cry, told him I needed to tell him something.

Well I told him and it was a huge weight of my shoulders..the reaction was shock but nothing short of 100% support.  He even went to my Dr appt today about my new meds.

Hope you are all doing well, and would love to hear from anyone about those meds.

lincoln.

Offline surf18

Re: Off the trial on to maraviroc (celsentri) and Truvada / Told my BF
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:52:17 pm »
I've been on this combo for 2.5 years. So far so good.

Offline Matts

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:24:02 pm »
I take celsentri and prezista since 2009 in a trial. Never had a problem with the drugs. Liver and Kidneys are still fabulous.
I couldnt take the drugs for 2 weeks due to an illness, so I have to take Tuvada additionally for some months until I get UD again.

Anyway, I talked with my Doc about the combo, and it is still in research and an unusal combo. Only some thousand patients take it at the moment. Its not sure if it will work for a long time, because its only a dual-combo. You get more often "Blips" than on other combos, thats for sure.
A high compliance is absolutely essential, should be 99%. :)

(I have to edit, im so stupid :)
Truvada are 2 drugs of course- so it is a normal triple combo. should be no problem- celsentri and truvada are very compatible)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 03:36:35 pm by Matts »
Dovato

Offline lincoln6echo

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 01:51:31 am »
Thanks for the info guys.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.