Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:33:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 453
Total: 454

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: tested today was positive and I'm scared  (Read 20891 times)

Offline Tonny2

Re: tested today was positive and I'm scared
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2017, 09:04:59 pm »

OJO       HELLO AR...HOW HAVE YOU BEEN DEALIMG WITH YOUR SEPRESSION?, THIS COULD BE A REASON...ALSO, MAYBE YOU ARE FEELING TIRED BECAUSE THERE IS A BIG BATTLE GOING ON IN YOUR BODY, YOUR MEDS, SOLDIERS AGAINST THE INVADIERS (HIV)...HAVE YOU TOLD YOUR DOCTOR>, HE IS THE ONE WHO IS SUPPOSED TO HELP YOU...YOU ARE TAKING ISENTRESS ONE IN THE MORNING AND ONE AT NIGHT, AREN'T YOU?...PEOPLE COMPLAINS OF INSOMNIA DUE TO THE ISENTRESS, I TAKE ISENTRESS AND U HAVE RERIODS OF INSOMNIA WITH IT, YOUR HEADACHES WILL GO AWAY WITH TIME...DO YOU LIVE IN THE US OR A DEVELP COUNTRY?, CAN YOU GET A ONE PILL A DAY TREATMENT?...ANYWAY, GTAB THE PHONE AND CALL THE DOCTOR TO LET HIM/HER ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS...BEST OF LUCK AND A CYBER HUG                                                                            OJO

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2017, 09:54:37 pm »
Hi Tonny, I have spoken to gp yet, I'm back at hospital on 28th for resistance test results to see about different meds. It's not impacting me that much I'm must admit I'm enjoying the extra naps. U could be right as I used to not sleep well so maybe my body needs more to help fight. I will mention this to dr's in hospital on my next visit. I live in the U.K. So depending on resistance results I'm hoping to go to 1 pill a day ;-) thanks for ur response and the hug 😘

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2017, 11:42:58 pm »
You will be fine and your great attitude will carry you through all adversity.

Here's a great video that Jim recently posted from one of your UK neighbors (let it give you sustenance and strength to carry on):

https://youtu.be/vtNF2qN1QDc

Godspeed to you on your journey to health, success, and long life!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2017, 03:13:59 pm »
Thanks ptrk, I've been getting more and more tired every day since dx, but I've been working stupid hours too, need to get my head back in order and start being more productive instead of sleeping all the time

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2017, 08:05:38 am »
So back at hospital today for 3rd round of bloods. resistance results not back yet could take more weeks so still on 3 tabs a day until then, VL was 400k 4 weeks ago so I'm hoping to see a reduction when these results come back.

I've been dealing with a cold/flu for past few weeks so got a course of antibiotics too to help clear up chesty cough.

I'm traveling to turkey soon and as there is only 1 person that knows about my dx I'm worried about taking tabs with me, especially with security in airports, most of my family are travelling with me so I'm a bit anxious about being questioned on tabs while at security anyone else experience issues when traveling can offer advice?

Offline Matland

« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2017, 04:30:35 pm »
I am writing you from Turkey and i know the process due to My job. Do not panic. No one Will Check your luggage at the airport. And there is no restriction for hiv meds. Have A safe trip.

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2017, 08:02:47 pm »
Thanks Matland my biggest concern is more about people questioning me in front of my relatives about my meds what are these for etc.. does this happen I only need to carry 1 tablet through as I will have taken the others before I embark

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2017, 08:46:40 am »
Thanks Matland my biggest concern is more about people questioning me in front of my relatives about my meds what are these for etc.. does this happen I only need to carry 1 tablet through as I will have taken the others before I embark

Whatever you do, make sure you keep your meds in your carry-on luggage. Do not put them in checked baggage... You really don't want your case to go missing and be left without them.

I've not been to Turkey, but I've travelled around Europe and the US and not had a problem yet. Given there are no restrictions with Turkey, all that the security guys at the airport are really interested in are liquids or prohibited items. Even if you did have your bag searched, and are unable to say to your travelling companions "You guys go ahead, I'll catch up in a minute", then they are not going to hold up your bottle of pills and shout "Whats this then, eh?"....simply doesn't happen like that.

HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2017, 10:34:53 am »
Cheers carey, panicking over nothing I suppose just don't want to be left snookered in the airport ;-)

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #59 on: March 29, 2017, 08:23:46 pm »

ojo        Good luck in Turkey, don't worry...send us a post card, do they still sell post cards?...keep us posted...hugs                                                              ojo

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #60 on: April 26, 2017, 04:43:18 am »
Hi all from marmaris, last few days and I must say the holiday has been quiet up and down, remembering to take tabs is harder than I thought when having a drink at night thankfully I haven't missed any just been 20 mins late twice, not a massive deal I'm told. Although wverything is hieghtened, smallest cramp in my stomach and I think fuk what's this... I get it when I go away on holiday all the time, haven't had any update from hospital on vl numbers or cd count, will get those on 9th may when I'm back again hopefully moving in correct direction. Must admit I still think about it all the time. 

Just thought I would post a quick hello from sunny turkey before I leave in a few days. Back to cold windy rainy Northern Ireland ;-)

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2017, 08:35:59 am »
Hi all, 3rd appointment today cd4 in Feb was 290 and VL 490,000 and results from march is cd4 550 and VL 1019 dr is hopeful that VL will be UD next results. Meds are working ;-)

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #62 on: May 10, 2017, 01:17:46 am »
Glad to hear your doing well.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2017, 02:55:35 pm »

OJO      HELLO ART, CONGRATULATIONS FOR THOSE SOLDIERS, I GUESS IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. YOU HAD YOUR VACATIONS, YOU GOT YOUR READULTS, NOW, GET BACK TO WORK AND ENJOY LIFE...HUGS                        OJO

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »
Thanks peeps ;-) I'm glad there is this site for many people, like me when I got diagnosed I was terrified but reading everyone's stories helps put ur mind at ease!! I will keep u all update on progress.

Thanks
A

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2017, 04:57:08 pm »

ojo      hello art...i'm glad we could help you during the darkest days since your dx, now that your med/s is/are taking control of the virus, you can take control of your life and keep moving forward, there will be times that you will feel down, it's normal, just keep looking forward...best wishes...cyber hugs                                       ojo

Offline harleymc

« Reply #66 on: May 20, 2017, 09:33:11 pm »
Congratulations on that fabulous drop in Viral load. 490 000  to 1019,
that's a 99.8% reduction.

It may take a few goes to get to less than 20 (undetectable) but wow just wow on that 99.8% reduction! Well done.

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2017, 05:15:15 pm »
Back at hospital today. Cd4 710 and VL 133 still not suppressed but getting there they don't wanna see me again for 3 months so I'm taking this as a good thing! ;-) 6 months in and I've had ups and downs. Still have bad days. Mood swings being the worst, don't know how many people I've snapped at and then apologies follow. Thanks for listening as always guys and gals

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2017, 05:24:56 pm »
Your CD4's are very strong, well above the 200 boundary below which you may be subject to various opportunistic infections that can be fatal.  Your immune system is in good shape!

Your viral load is not high, either, really, and several years back would have been considered to be "undetectable."  You will very likely be "undetectable" by the time of your next blood test.

Yes, it is a good sign that you don't need to go back for three months.  Once you are "undetectable," your scheduled visits will most likely be semiannual.

Now that you are in good physical shape and will remain adherent to your antiretroviral regimen, focus on your mental health in order to deal with any residual depression.

You will live a long and healthy life, as long as you remain adherent.

Congratulations!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2017, 03:08:34 pm »

ojo       HELLO ART...HOW NICE TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR RESULTS, I GUESS, BY NOW, YOU ARE UD...I THINK, IT MIGHT BE TIME FOR YOU TO GO BACK TO A NORMAL LIFE, I'M SURE, THAT AFTER THAT THREE MONTS APPOINMENT, IT WILL BECOME A TWICE A YEAR APPOINMENT...CONGRATULATIONS AND I GUESS, IT'S TIME TO CHECK YOUR TEMPER SO YOU CAN LIVE A HAPPIER LIFE AND THE PEOPLE AROUND YOU...CYBER HUGS                                                                               ojo

Offline Ar1983

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2017, 07:12:22 pm »
thanks tonny as always your very kind. I'm working on counting to ten when I feel frustrated.. I'm going to ring the hospital tomorrow to get results to see if I'm UD I will update you all when I know

thanks everyone for your ongoing support. you are what is right in this world!

AR

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.