HIV Prevention and Testing > Do I Have HIV?

Infection from open wound in Gay sauna

(1/2) > >>

London30yo:
Hi Jim, everyone,

I could really do with some advice and help here.

It's been exactly 4 weeks today since I went to visit Munich Germany for Oktoberfest celebrations.

After two days of heavy drinking and feeling really run down, I decided to detox by going to a gay Sauna in Munich. I've been in a 1.5 year relationship with my girlfriend and no other sexual partners. My intention was only to go there to use the facilities - not for sex.

I'd been wearing tight leather shoes all day and on arrival I saw the back of my left heel had skin totally peeled off and some blood coming from the wound - it was very painful. So bad, the scab is still on the wound today (4 weeks later)

I used plastic slippers in the venue, but was walking around in dark rooms, the sauna and steam room, which was almost pitch black and so I couldn't see what I was stepping in.

I was concerned about the growing spread of monkeypox, so I left the sauna without any close physical contact with anyone. Keeping some degree of distance where possible.

Since returning, after 1 week I experienced Extreme burning and pins and needles pain all over my body. I've had extreme fatigue, total lack of appetite, itches, spots and rashes on my face and body.

Only in the past few days, I'm starting to feel better - but I do have swollen lymph nodes in my neck and groin which are painful at times. And I have candidiasis in my mouth and under my penis foreskin.

Whilst walking through this venue, I believe I've likely had fluids from the floor infect the wound on my ankle - which is how I believe I've caught this virus (which I think may be hiv).

I'm planning on testing on Monday at a clinic, which would make it 30 days since exposure.

redacted by admin.

So I wanted to understand my exposure risk and if you've ever come across anything similar before that lead to a positive case.

I can't see anything online similar, and whilst I'd rather not be the first person in the world to be infected like this - I guess it is what it is now. It's not a death sentence, but I am scared - as anyone would be.

Please help.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Read your post three times; the details posted about the sauna visit were zero HIV risk to you. I redacted part of your post as it's the same rubbish as toilet seat cases; there are none.

Regarding GF, use condoms for any intercourse and screen at least yearly for HIV and far easier to acquire STIs.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Consider talking to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed

London30yo:
Jim,

Thanks for your reply and taking the time to read my scenario.

You say zero chance, but is there really 0 chance as it is scientifically possible that someone with high viral load may have ejaculated on the steam room floor which ended up entering the wound on my foot to infect me.

I appreciate it's not a common route of transmission, but how many people have deep wounds in gay bathouses and step in semen without any other sexual encounters that may have been attributed to the infection? They are places of sexual encounters after all.

Also a steam room is warm, moist, and dark. Which would mean the virus is able to live longer outside the human body?

I'm just trying to understand how and why I'm going through these symptoms right now.

RE wearing condoms with my girlfriend. I don't plan on sleeping with her until I've tested out to 6 weeks with a gen 5 test - which is what I see you recommend for most here.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

What you posted here lacks all the biological and environmental conditions needed, including route that must simultaneously be met for HIV to be acquired.

In short, it's a toilet seat story, and you didn't acquire HIV this way in the Sauna.
Please don't post here again about it, as ill consider it excessive and issue a ban from the forum.

See your GP and treat whatever is causing you to feel unwell, and I hope you feel better soon.  Use condoms, and test yearly out of routine.

London30yo:
Hi Jim,

With the risk of being banned I just wanted to update you on how I'm feeling because it's just not right at all and I guess I just want to vent and have some support.

I've lost 4kg in weight over the last 3 weeks, I've had extreme fatigue, nausea (struggling to keep food down) and pins and needles in my feet and hands. The headache has by far been the worst symptom, feeling like my head is going to explode with pressure.

The wound was at least a cm deep and bleeding, I can only imagine in the sauna / dark room some water mixed with semen has entered the wound and here I am.

I had no other cuts or exposed wounds. I also didn't engage in sexual contact with anyone.

My blood results come back tomorrow from my GP (I hope), and then I can update you with my status.

I guess I'm just unlucky but I can't see how this can be any else other than HIV. I'm just scared and lost at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version