Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

I've never really dealt with depression that I wasn't able to to get out of

(1/1)

BubbaPat:
I truly don't understand the person I've become.

I'm depressed and can't get out of.  To talk of feelings or even health was just a nope in our family.  Headaches called for Aspirin and stomach anything was Pepto.

Over the years I've been on pills for my HIV which I got being a dumb slut then giving it to my husband because we both thought we were negative and didn't wear protection.  So the pills we take and we both deal.  I don't blame him and I don't think he blames me.

I did talk to my doctor about ADHD... which I thought was under control  Good God... I'm over 50 and it's just NOW becoming an issue... what kind of failure ami I?

Now I started back to college and am sabotaging myself.... this is stupid.  I'm supposed to get wiser with age...not revert to stupid mistakes.  I figured since I got fired for stopping a shoplifter, I could do stuff around the house, which I put off.  Then my husband says the business is doing good... go back to school.  Great idea!!!  Grandpa in school o even worse.. taking on line classes.  Who was I kidding... I'm not built for this.

Gotta come up with plan for something else.  I'm tired of being this stupid and out of work.

Thanks for reading my rant.  I needed to get this off my chest until I figure something out.

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Wish I could help. I know depression is something that seems to take most people I have to known time and effort to work on and there is no one approach that fits all.

--- Quote ---I did talk to my doctor about ADHD... which I thought was under control  Good God... I'm over 50 and it's just NOW becoming an issue... what kind of failure ami I?
--- End quote ---

I'm 40 and if you ask me I will tell you that I am managing my ADHD well, it doesn't bother me but the truth is it drives everyone around me nuts. It's been an issue my entire life and I don't manage it well at all.

I've stopped working since April and am a stay-at-home dad. Signed up for college stuff as I thought that would be good, get educated, learn something. Books etc have arrived, I have the online access etc but I got distracted... and now its June::)

So when you figure it out keep me posted.

Tonny2:

ojo.            @bubbapat…I’m so sorry you are feeling depressed and I wonder how, someone whom always makes me smile and makes my days every time you reply to my posts, anyway, I guess depresión is tough. I remember when I felt deporesed when having lost most of my eyesight I started to lose my hearing, I was so scared of someone breaking in to my house and I not even know it, thankfully I recupérated my hearing.

Let me tell you about going back to school at your age, when I was young and beautiful, well, young, 19, I had a classmate older than you, my classmate was 65 years old and became and engineer, if he could do it, you will do it too. I think that keeping nag yourself busy it will help you feel better, for sure…I wish I were there this give you a bubba hug because your bubba hugs always make me feel good. Hang in there and if you need a shoulder that lean on, I have two…love from your sunshine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version