Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Septiembre 26, 2021, 08:56:19 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 36094
  • Latest: Weliooo
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 761651
  • Total de Temas: 64667
  • Online Today: 113
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 78
Total: 78

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: 8 weeks since diagnosis  (Leído 1349 veces)

Desconectado eddieispoz

8 weeks since diagnosis
« en: Julio 20, 2021, 09:15:45 am »
Hello,

I have been reading many stories in this forum and it has really helped me come to terms with my own diagnosis and new reality.

I wanted to share my story, mainly because I wanted to feel part of this community rather than just looking in from the sidelines.

Up until 8 weeks ago I was a healthy single gay male who had never really been ill. I had a one night stand with a guy I met online and the rest, as they say is history. We had unprotected sex very briefly in the throws of passion! (about 2 mins lol) before I insisted he put a condom on, he did and that was that. Two weeks later I felt feverish, totally spaced out, full of aches and pains, developed a rash on my torso and developed receding and bleeding gums. To cut a long story short I got tested and was positive (warning to anyone reading this, you really can get exposed that quickly and without ejaculation) it was a complete shock as I have never been particularly promiscuous and always been very careful and practiced safe sex. I obviously contacted the guy after my diagnosis (it can only have been this one particular guy) he acted surprised but sort of shrugged the whole thing off and said he would get tested when he returned to his home country. I have a feeling he may have had suspicions of his own status but was either in denial or he knew. Anyway it takes two to tango and I am an adult who made the wrong choice but I have to take responsibility for my part, it was fully consensual.

My VL was in the millions and CD4 just above 600. I was prescribed Symtuza and Tivicay I started this medication 4 weeks after exposure, from what I have read this is a good place to start. After 2 weeks on meds my VL dropped to 140000 and CD4 rose to just over 1000. I had my bloods done again at the 4week mark and my VL had dropped to 1400, so things seem to be working and moving in the right direction. I have been lucky and had no significant side effects from meds. The only lingering symptom is my gums, which remain sore and receded. Has anyone else experienced this?

The diagnosis has hit me mentally much harder. For the last twenty years I have lived and worked in the Middle East, fortunately I was not diagnosed there (I so sympathize with people who have had the ordeal of deportation for testing positive there) however it means I have had to make the decision to start again here in Europe. This is hard as my network of work colleagues and friends are in the Middle East. I do have a couple of friends here and a fantastic brother and parents. My brother is the only person I have told (he has been great) I do not feel ready to tell anyone else and I have made the decision not to tell my elderly parents, I feel they would react like it is still 1987 and it would cause more concern and worry than needed and in no way help.

After 8 weeks I still am in the ‘shocked’ faze and have waves of real anxiety, some days are better than others. Reading people’s stories has made me feel that I am not going crazy and that I am not a bad guy and that we are all human. It seems the feelings of despair, guilt and anger are all part of the process.

My next blood work is early September, hopefully that will be good news and a turning point to get on with my life.

Thanks again for all who contribute to this forum, it has been such a comfort.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Twitter @JimAllenDublin
    • HIV Lessons
Re: 8 weeks since diagnosis
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 20, 2021, 10:55:13 am »
Hiya,

I'm on the move but just wanted to post a quick note to say hi.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, glad to hear you have started treatment and that you have found the forum helpful.

Regarding the gums, never had any issue myself but see your dentist when you can. My aunt had receding gums a few years back.

Anyhow take it easy and keep us posted how you get on with your journey and with any questions you have along the way.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Desconectado Tonny2

« Respuesta #2 en: Agosto 04, 2021, 09:14:09 pm »

ojo.       Hi there!!….sorry for the dx, you don’t need to be promiscuous to adquiere hiv, if you don’t protect yourself even if it is your first time having sex, you might get hiv…well, now you know you are positive, now you treat it. I’m glad that your treatment is working, it’s just a matter of time and you will be UD and you will learn to live with the virus, the sooner you learn to live with hiv, the better, the medications will take control of the virus so you can take back control of your life…you are no alone, we are here for you…hugs

Ps. Take it from someone who has been living with AIDS/HIV for 27 years since dx, infection seven years before

Desconectado eddieispoz

« Respuesta #3 en: Septiembre 13, 2021, 04:54:24 am »
Just got my results back after my 3 month check. I’m now U=U 😀🎉

Desconectado Matths

« Respuesta #4 en: Septiembre 13, 2021, 08:02:50 am »
Wonderful! Congratulations. Keep taking your meds and live your life! Best Matt

Desconectado RMalongo

« Respuesta #5 en: Septiembre 13, 2021, 09:45:51 am »
Congratulations!! Always be positive 💪🏻

Desconectado Sparky39

« Respuesta #6 en: Septiembre 13, 2021, 08:37:35 pm »
Just got my results back after my 3 month check. I’m now U=U 😀🎉

Congratulations..... Not to put a dampener on things but you need to be undetectable for 6 months to be classed as U=U (Undetectable = Untransmittable)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.