Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:13:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 346
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: summer into fall...  (Read 42426 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
summer into fall...
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:01:02 pm »
Folks, I am pleased to announce that the National Weather Service has formally issued the first frost and freeze advisories of the season for the Northeast to occur Friday morning. Northern Maine all the way down to north-central Pennsylvania.

Even where I live from right now to next morning it will plummet 40 degrees.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mitch777

Re: summer into fall...
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 04:08:14 pm »
I was just about to post the same thing. It's going to get down to the mid 40's here for the next two nights. Brrr... :(
It can really screw up the ripening all of my green tomatoes. >:(
On a pleasant note, today was beautiful. Low humidity and temp in the upper 70's.
I noticed it was supposed to get to 98 in SA.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 04:13:22 pm »
According to accuweather, the Mid-Atlantic is forecast to the have the best fall foliage this year. Praise!

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:09 pm »
According to accuweather, the Mid-Atlantic is forecast to the have the best fall foliage this year. Praise!
I'm thinking it's going to be a good year here too due to the fairly regular rain we have been having. Not too much, not too little.
 I wonder what happened to all of those predicted hurricanes we were supposed to have this year. It's about peak season now.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 04:19:44 pm »
Gosh that's a huge drop
London also temp drop and rain tomorrow, both off which I welcome.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 04:22:34 pm »
Fall is probably my favorite season.  You get the beautiful sunsets, where you get the beautiful purples, blues, and oranges in the sky.  The sun is at a lower angle and you don't have all the ground level pollution.  There are the festivals--we have the Boubon Festival coming up.  Oh, the beautiful leaves.  Do I sound like an NPR show? 

The downside is the earlier sunsets.  Our latest sunset is 9:10pm around the summer solstice.  Today, it is 8:06pm.  When we fall back in November, it will be worse.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 04:31:58 pm »
Gosh that's a huge drop
London also temp drop and rain tomorrow, both off which I welcome.
Has it been a hot summer for you or just a need for a cool down? I always thought the summer season in London was pretty short.

Oh, the beautiful leaves.  Do I sound like an NPR show? 

Yes. Do you enjoy Schweddy Balls? (SNL reference) :)

edited to add link for the few who may not have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t93MdbojrwE

The downside is the earlier sunsets.  Our latest sunset is 9:10pm around the summer solstice.  Today, it is 8:06pm.  When we fall back in November, it will be worse.

I know. Sunset here tonight is at 7:19pm.  :(
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 04:47:45 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 04:43:25 pm »
Sunset is 7:25pm here tonight. I think it's because where Tedderz lives it's the very westernmost part of the Eastern Time Zone. It changes to Central time just 40 miles (?) west of him.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 04:54:04 pm »
We have had the most beautiful summer, temps between 75-85 and sunny almost every day.  The day after Labor day queue the rain.  Supposed to get two inches today and some flooding :(

I'm bummed that shorts weather is over.  Fall is nice but I don't want summer to end.

At least we aren't as low as you in the northeast, that sounds chilly.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 05:06:10 pm »

At least we aren't as low as you in the northeast, that sounds chilly.

In fairness, I'm a full 150 miles away from the nearest frost warnings. :) We didn't have our first proper freeze in the city until Nov. 6th last year. Our daily highs will stay in the 80's and 70's until the beginning of October.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 05:55:26 pm »
Don't worry guys, if you are really good and behave yourselves I may send you some sunshine over, we have just come into spring but summer is not far behind.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 05:58:08 pm »
Don't worry guys, if you are really good and behave yourselves I may send you some sunshine over, we have just come into spring but summer is not far behind.

Aroha

Is there some kind of shack with a bathroom and mini kitchen I could rent there cheap for the next 6 months? :)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 06:02:19 pm »
I have a 4 car garage (we only have 2), we can dig a long drop for you at the back, and we have a BBQ you can use. How does that sound?  ;D

Hugs

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:31 pm »
In fairness, I'm a full 150 miles away from the nearest frost warnings. :)

Shouldn't that read " a mere 150 miles away........"??

Offline mitch777

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2013, 06:04:47 pm »
I have a 4 car garage (we only have 2), we can dig a long drop for you at the back, and we have a BBQ you can use. How does that sound?  ;D

Hugs

works for me. we have a garage and a grill for you too in 6 months. BBQ included! :)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2013, 06:05:34 pm »
Shouldn't that read " a mere 150 miles away........"??
you forgot to add buddy.

Offline bocker3

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 06:06:39 pm »
works for me. we have a garage and a grill for you too in 6 months. BBQ included! :)

Oh Jan -- take Mitch up his offer because you will LOVE his Keneisha!!  She is your kind of gal -- a regular party girl......   ;D

Hugs,
Mike

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2013, 06:18:13 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Oh Jan -- take Mitch up his offer because you will LOVE his Keneisha!!  She is your kind of gal -- a regular party girl......   ;D

Well that sounds like the place I need to be then, but I have to tell you, Jeff G and Basquo and a few others from here showed me a really good time in July, you and Keneisha would have to go some to beat them...;D

Aroha

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2013, 06:20:26 pm »
It so damn hot here. Soooo over it. :-[

btw, ARE YALL READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!! 1st game of the season begins tonight, but it's just the pathetic Broncos and Ravens.  ::) .

Ps- Just bought my tickets to the UT Longhorns and Kansas Jayhawks football game in Austin! LETS DO THIS
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2013, 06:23:07 pm »

Well that sounds like the place I need to be then, but I have to tell you, Jeff G and Basquo and a few others from here showed me a really good time in July, you and Keneisha would have to go some to beat them...;D

Aroha

That could be our downfall but we would give it our best. Tough competition!!  :)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2013, 06:24:10 pm »
That could be our downfall but we would give it our best. Tough competition!!  :)

LOL.

Aroha

Offline mitch777

« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »

btw, ARE YALL READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!!!!!! 1st game of the season begins tonight, but it's just the pathetic Broncos and Ravens.  ::) .

Ps- Just bought my tickets to the UT Longhorns and Kansas Jayhawks football game in Austin! LETS DO THIS

Go Vikings! :P

Offline bocker3

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2013, 06:40:24 pm »

Oh now -- I love Jeff and Basquo -- but they ain't in the same league us dear Keneisha......   she even had ME blushing that night she put me in the middle of that "sandwich" (can't remember who was the other slice of bread....  hmmmm?)

M

Offline mitch777

« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2013, 06:47:26 pm »
Oh now -- I love Jeff and Basquo -- but they ain't in the same league us dear Keneisha......   she even had ME blushing that night she put me in the middle of that "sandwich" (can't remember who was the other slice of bread....  hmmmm?)

M
Keneisha was the sandwich Queen in Chicago.  ::)
She doesn't often get a chance to "let her hair down". ;D
She's all sandwhitchy and no action.  ;)

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2013, 10:40:59 pm »
Sunset is 7:25pm here tonight. I think it's because where Tedderz lives it's the very westernmost part of the Eastern Time Zone. It changes to Central time just 40 miles (?) west of him.

Yes, we are on the tail end of eastern time.  We can drive about 40 miles south and run into Central.  When G.E. came to town in the 50's, they pushed the state to put Louisville on Eastern, so we would be on the same time as their headquarters in Connecticut.  That's what I read in the paper, anyway. 

Mitch, I did get the SNL reference.  One of their best. 

Offline Theyer

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2013, 06:58:46 am »
Its been a wonderful Summer in London , if you forget the days off heat low cloud and pollution. Which we tend to do as soon as two hot blue sky days fall on us.

I was v.lucky while London went through 3 weeks off humid hot and polluted wether in June I enjoyed Orkney at its best.

Our wether is so changeable that after a spell off consistency most off us develop a hankering for the opposite. Today being an example , its cool grey and wet , after the sun I welcome it. If it goes on for a week I will hate it.

It would take a long time for me to adjust  to Southern heat. I hate air con .The hottest wether I ever experienced was August in Marrakesh . The train from Tangiers arrived 5am after sleeping I left the hotel noonish . I made two steps in the full sun ,retreated back to the hotel , my lungs felt like I had inhaled fire .
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »
It was 46F this morning in Northcentral Hoosierville.  Now it's 79F.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline darryaz

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2013, 04:30:45 pm »

The entire summer was fairly mild here, but September has been HORRIBLY hot. 

Maybe I should call Al Gore.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 04:40:00 pm »

The entire summer was fairly mild here, but September has been HORRIBLY hot. 

Maybe I should call Al Gore.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 04:43:04 pm by mitch777 »

Offline Theyer

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2013, 09:06:56 am »
This is now the 3rd day off rain so I now want the blue skies back.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2013, 09:21:23 am »
This is now the 3rd day off rain so I now want the blue skies back.

Sending sunshine your way Michael. 8)  Sent it express but you know how that goes sometimes.

m.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:29 am »
I only logged in as I thought secrets were ready to be revealed.   :D    I so enjoyed miss Kenny, much more than our darling mitchypoo.  :)  JK, in the interest of harmony. 

I'm done with work for a while, but we start our euchre league tonight and bowling next Tuesday.  That leaves me one day free to fill up.  Any suggestions? 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Theyer

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2013, 10:28:48 am »
I only logged in as I thought secrets were ready to be revealed.   :D    I so enjoyed miss Kenny, much more than our darling mitchypoo.  :)  JK, in the interest of harmony. 

I'm done with work for a while, but we start our euchre league tonight and bowling next Tuesday.  That leaves me one day free to fill up.  Any suggestions?

Rest and eat

Offline wolfter

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2013, 10:38:15 am »
Rest and eat

My sister stopped by the other night indicating she needed a huge favor.  I was like, please, don't let it be anything to do with the well, since I already replaced all that.   she simply wanted an inhaler.  That wasn't huge and we only cuddled for a while.   >:(

Offline Theyer

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2013, 10:54:01 am »
Sending sunshine your way Michael. 8)  Sent it express but you know how that goes sometimes.

m.

Arr  thank you much cheered

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2013, 11:44:11 am »

.  Any suggestions? 

I thought you had a mobile home to clean up  ;)

Todays high here in the Alamo City is only 86!! we haven't seen a high that low in a year!! I guess It's time to get the sweaters out of the cedar chest!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline mitch777

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2013, 12:19:31 pm »

Todays high here in the Alamo City is only 86!! we haven't seen a high that low in a year!! I guess It's time to get the sweaters out of the cedar chest!

I would suggest a fur lined parka and mittens.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2013, 11:22:47 am »
+90F weather and high humidity has returned to Filthy, at least for the next two days.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2013, 11:29:00 am »
I thought you had a mobile home to clean up  ;)

It's not mobile since it's on a foundation.  lol  The squatters should be out any day now.  By Thursday, we're taking deputies to forcefully eradicate them.  I rec'd the deed yesterday along with a copy of a past due sewer bill.  It states that it must be paid by the 15th or it will be placed as a lien as property taxes.  Really pissing me off that I'm paying for illegal tenants to squat and shit.  :(

Offline mitch777

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2013, 06:04:22 pm »
It hit 91 humid degrees today. By the looks of the long range forcast I'm thinking we may not see 80 degrees+  until next year. :(  Well, maybe a day or two.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 04:15:36 am »
It was 97F here in Hoosierville, on Tuesday.  I couldn't hardly stand to go from car to apartment. Yesterday it was 91F.  And of course we always have the humidity problem.  Right now, at 4:15 am, it's 72F.  But supposed to be much cooler than the past two days. 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Theyer

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 05:30:03 am »
In one week we have gone from shorts and tee,s to  jumpers and even having the heating on . Plus its very wet , how strange you all think rain in London.

97F I would have to live in a cold bath .

Offline wolfter

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 09:28:19 am »
Ohio has hit record highs the last couple of days.  It is playing difficult to determine appropriate attire.

Wolfie

Offline Theyer

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2013, 07:39:18 am »
grey/rain

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 08:26:28 am »
 8)

Still in the 90's here in West Florida, and it looks as though it will stay that way for a week.  The Gulf is still 86 degrees.

The nights are cooling down into the mid to low 70's and the humidity is slowly starting to drop. I can feel a little fall in the air. Can't wait for it to start getting into the 60's, -- got a while to go !

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/baynews9/weather/forecast.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:30:31 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2013, 12:56:38 pm »
1pm and it's only 64F here. And we're also going below 50F overnight. I'm going to have to wear my first jacket of the season to go to the supermarket.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2013, 01:01:05 pm »
1pm and it's only 64F here. And we're also going below 50F overnight. I'm going to have to wear my first jacket of the season to go to the supermarket.

92 here in sunny, humid Miami - with a "feels like" temperature of 99.....

I just came from grocery shopping and I am sweating like a fat pig roasting on coals at NYC's Puerto Rican Day parade festivities.... IJS....  time to take another shower...
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2013, 01:05:21 pm »
I'd rather wear a light jacket than sweat it out in near 100F and humid weather. Thanks, but no.

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »
I'd rather wear a light jacket than sweat it out in near 100F and humid weather. Thanks, but no.

I agree!
But, November through March make it more than worth it.... Although, I don't venture out unless I am going from A/C apartment, to A/C car, to A/C bar or wherever else I end up....
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2013, 02:07:44 pm »
I pulled my coat out as soon as I got back from Florida.  ;D

Today it is a chilly 70 degrees.

Tomorrow I am taking Poncho for a walk at Tucquan Glen.  It's a hiking trail that follows a creek.  Since he thinks that water is the best thing in the world he can walk in the creek, and if I am up to it we can end up at the Susquehanna river.  I figure it will probably be the last time for water walks until next year :'( .

Michelle 8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.