Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 07:14:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 230
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Fingers...........from Condom to Jewel  (Read 10121 times)

Offline abhishekmenon

Fingers...........from Condom to Jewel
« on: July 06, 2006, 08:24:41 am »
Hi there, I'm a 25 year old guy mailing in from India. About 13 weeks ago i had a sexual encounter with a girl of unknown status...well we had unprotected Oral, followed by Vaginal intercourse....i used 2 condoms...however i've read topis on the forum earlier & kinda happy to know that unprotected insertive Oral had low risk of Transmission, anyways after the Vaginal intercourse she removed my condoms with her fingers & the about 30 seconds later touched my jewel with those same fingers...& again gave me an Oral. Well i have had balinitis before & there were some small ulcerations on my penis.....Do u think that any vaginal secretions from her fingers after touching the condoms could have infected me with HIV or the fact that the small ulcerations on the penis coming in contact with her saliva could pose a threat.....
I've done PCR tests at 12 days & 33 days, both are negative...i do plan to get tested again...Please help me...what are chances of being free????

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Fingers...........from Condom to Jewel
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2006, 08:41:20 am »
Abhi, you read it wrong. Being given oral by someone is not low risk. It's beyond low risk. In the entire course of the epidemic there has never been a confirmed case of transmission in this manner. And you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. No, not even because you had whatsis on your "jewel" and she had vaginal secretions on her fingers.

Like you, everyone who worries about getting a blowjob is certain the particular details of their incident make them the exception in the situation. Wrong. Like I said, you were not at risk and there was no need for testing since you had used a condom for intercourse. Keep on doing that everytime. They provide excellent protection.

Although the PCR was not designed for diagnostic purposes I can tell you that a negative at 28 days or more is good as gold. If there had been a real risk, and this wasn't one, you would still need to test at 13 weeks to confirm the earlier result. In this case I don't think re-testing is necessary since you weren't at risk, but that choice is up to you.

This is not an HIV situation.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline abhishekmenon

Antibiotics based Deviation....& PCR tests!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 10:13:42 am »
Hey Andy thanx for that real quick reply.....Yeah i was mainly concerned as i had some ulcerations on the penis & because she touched the head of the penis with her fingers.....not really the opening for the urethra & then me an Oral, so i thought that if there were Secretions if any could have caused a Potent Threat....Moreover she had a couple of pimples on her face & that kinda got me tense...i know i may sound stupid but u know how the mind thinks when one leads to another.....Yeah i will get tested i guess once more to remove all doubts.....& i also wanted to know if use of antibiotics would supress or deviate PCR results. I'm not on any sort of PEP, but i was prescribed a few antibiotics recently for a throat infection & a flu like feeling.....i underwent a RNA PCR 33 days post exposure (Qualitative)....which read HIV RNA Amplicons Absent......so please just one more assurance would make me go woo - hoo...thanx Andy & God Bless!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:16:35 am by abhishekmenon »

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:43 am »
Hi again...sorry had just a couple more doubts........what is the possibility of contracting hiv if there was blood in her saliva...i wasn't really aware in the moment of ecstacy.....& does a post 28 day PCR check for both HIV 1 & HIV 2...& all the substrains????? Please do reply to my concern when free..& thanx!

Offline abhishekmenon

A Few more doubts.....Please help
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2006, 03:56:34 am »
Antibiotics based Deviation....& PCR tests!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 10:13:42 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Andy thanx for that real quick reply.....Yeah i was mainly concerned as i had some ulcerations on the penis & because she touched the head of the penis with her fingers.....not really the opening for the urethra & then me an Oral, so i thought that if there were Secretions if any could have caused a Potent Threat....Moreover she had a couple of pimples on her face & that kinda got me tense...i know i may sound stupid but u know how the mind thinks when one leads to another.....Yeah i will get tested i guess once more to remove all doubts.....& i also wanted to know if use of antibiotics would supress or deviate PCR results. I'm not on any sort of PEP, but i was prescribed a few antibiotics recently for a throat infection & a flu like feeling.....i underwent a RNA PCR 33 days post exposure (Qualitative)....which read HIV RNA Amplicons Absent......so please just one more assurance would make me go woo - hoo...thanx Andy & God Bless!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 10:16:35 AM by abhishekmenon »   

abhishekmenon

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:44:43 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi again...sorry had just a couple more doubts........what is the possibility of contracting hiv if there was blood in her saliva...i wasn't really aware in the moment of ecstacy.....& does a post 28 day PCR check for both HIV 1 & HIV 2...& all the substrains?? Please do reply to my concern when free..& thanx!

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2006, 06:54:25 am »
Well I'm really sorry about that...actually i haven't done that on purpose i wasn't aware of how to use the software initially,but now i have...i though eveytime u post a message we have to open a new topic....i have posted my doubts & questions again on the initial thread......abhishek menon...please do reply to my query & sorry but i mainly did it i was unawares not intentionally!

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2006, 07:11:30 am »
Well sorry about that again & thanx for the early reply by andy..however i have been experiencing mild fever & throat infection for the past 2 days...could there be a chance that i may be a late seroconverter if there was a minute chance to be infected.......one more thing i have been on cipro for the throat infection will that & the current Viral infection in any way affect the results of a antibody test which i'm about to take in a couple of days??? please reply!!!! & i'm gonna be on this topic & thread now!!!! thanx for understanding!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2006, 09:22:42 am »
If you had a real risk, which you didn't in this instance, the time to get tested for a definitive result is at 13 weeks after the most recent such event.

In this case I don't see any need for testing other than if you feel you need the inevitable negative result to put your mind at ease.

As for your symptoms, if they persist discuss them again with your doctor. This is not an HIV situation no matter your mind is saying otherwise. Those are thoughts and feelings and not facts which are in anyway grounded in HIV science.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2006, 03:16:09 am »
Hi Andy.....Thanx again for tht piece of advice...really feel better now, just that here in India hiv is on the rise by the day & i'm kinda scared tht's all..but now i feel much better, basically i was confident because i know i never got into any real potential risk, but then the symptoms i had for the past 2 days got me worried??? anyways i'l get a an Elisa Antibody test tomorow, as i have just crossed the 13 week period........moreover i did consult my doctor & he said these were just signs of a passing Viral upper respiratory infection......just wanted to know if this could affect the Elisa results & give a false positive?????? i also read somewhere that any test before 13 weeks is not conclusive......what about PcR tests after 28 days???
Thanx again & you guys are doing a great job!
regards!
Abhi :)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2006, 08:39:18 am »
Hi Abhi,

No, having an upper respiratory infection will not affect the accuracy of your HIV test. And I certainly expect you will get a negative result.

The state of the HIV epidemic in India is terrible so it's understandable that you should be concerned about your health, although in this instance you were not at risk. Make sure you always use a condom for intercourse and you will be well protected against HIV transmission.

The PCR was never designed to be used for diagnostic purposes. It is a highly sensitive test and because of that can yield a false positive, though not a false negative. A negative at 28 days makes it all but certain that the result will be confirmed with another negative at 13 weeks.

Good luck with your test and what as I said I fully expect will be a negative result.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2006, 02:14:59 am »
Hi Andy, thanx for those really lovely reassuring words.......& for understanding how India is being affected by this epidemic...........Just wanted to say that this website has really given me a good understanding of HIV & it's transmission.....& shattered many conservative myths that i may have had........thanx for all the help & guidance......take care & i'l be in touch!
best regards!

Offline abhishekmenon

« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2006, 09:59:06 am »
Hey Andy, thanx for the unflinching support....i got my elisa antibody test results today....it's negative for both HIV1 & HIV 2.......i also did a remaining viral panel test...it's all negative....& it's now 13 weeks & 3 days to the day... do u feel based on the history of the incident which u are now aware of is there any chance for any late seroconversion......also ofcourse the PCR was negative earlier............Please do send me your thoughts???? do i need to test again at 6 months or am i cool????
Thanx again for everything!!! you see i had developed a cold, sore throat...& throat pain & slight fever...certain symtoms that kinda got me guessing whether i was seroconverting late..anyways now the tests are Negative??
Do let me know ur thoughts!!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.