Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:01:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 194
Total: 195

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Help with worry over possible STD and HIV...  (Read 9410 times)

Offline Worrying Freddy

Help with worry over possible STD and HIV...
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:09:06 pm »
Okay I went for a family vacation to New Orleans. And got a few different things that happened to me which I am worrying about.

1. Since we went to a hotel, we broght one towel for the whole family to use. My mother and grandmother used the showers first and all used the same towel to wipe their body. I was third to take a shower and also used the same towel to wipe my body. I am a male, btw.

Since both my mother and my grandmother used the towel, which most likely has touched their vaginas, and then ME a boy, using the towel to also wipe my body like the penis, would this be any risk for any type of STD?

2. We also had one bathroom in the hotel room. And my grandmother went to the bathroom to take a dump. What I am worried about is using the same toilet paper she used which she might have touched with her hand while she wiped  which might have contact with her vaginal area.

Is it possible for STD or HIV through this contact if I had used the same toilet paper to cover my penis while I ejaculated onto it? Like if the head of my penis touched the part of the toilet paper which had contact with her hand which might have had contact with her vaginal region?

3. I went out a club and also went to this girl at the clubs hotel room, and she began to give me a handjob. Is this possible HIV?

Can you get an STD if the other person does not have STD? So like is it possible for an STD come out of two CLEAN people with no STD?

Or could there be some bacteria due to old age in their vaginal area?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2006, 09:16:29 pm by Worrying Freddy »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Help with worry over possible STD and HIV...
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:37:02 pm »
Freddy, no one can give you an STD they don't have. And HIV is not passed in any of the ways in which you are concerned.
It is not passed through towels, doorknobs, touching or masturbation or being masturbated by someone else.

You need to read the lesson on this site about Transmission so that you are down with the basics about HIV. THis epidemic is going to be around for a longtime to come and you can't afford to be ignorant about the issues. Following safer sex guidelines will spare you a lot of unnecessary worrying such as you seem to be experiencing now.

Some STDs such as herpes or gonorrhea can be passed through contact with an infected person. You can get all of the basic information about them from your doctor.

There's no cause for further concern about HIV in relation to what you've asked, but please read the lesson I suggested,

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline Worrying Freddy

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:54:58 pm »
Is it possible to get some sort of bacterial infection from sharing a towel with your grandmother who's sort of old? Like would they more "unclean" in their vaginal area and if they used the towel you shared, and you wiped with the part her vagina touched on your penis?

I really don't know why we only brand one towel. We intended on using hotel's towels, but they had none, so we used our beach towel which we planned to use for a picnic.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 11:06:27 pm »
You won't get HIV and this is an HIV site.

Offline Worrying Freddy

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 11:25:02 pm »
Okay sorry, but can you jsut answeer the STD question, ill stop with STD questions after someone answers.

Offline cubbybear

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2006, 02:11:21 am »
I find it hard to believe your hotel didn't have towels? Did you stay at the kwiki-mart?

You should go and talk to your doctor or the staff at your local sexual health clinic if you need help for STD's that arent HIV.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2006, 05:42:40 am »
Fred,

You aren't going to become infected with an STI through using a towel... or sitting on a toilet seat or touching toilet paper or anything else like that. You get STIs through having sex with an infected person - that's why they are called SEXUALLY transmitted infections.

I understand that sex education in schools these days is terribly lacking. Maybe you should check out some of the online sex education sites that are set up for young people like yourself. Try these: www.teensource.org and www.sxetc.org

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Worrying Freddy

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2006, 11:08:09 am »
Ok, please bare with me as I have a few valid concerns.

I cut my finger on electric hedge clippers, so I went to the doctors office to get stitches and see if I need any shots.

1. The doctor seemed rushed the whole time, but he still did his job.  He wrapped up my finger and did a good job with that (even though he was kinda rough and pushed on my open wound).

2. I needed a booster shot, so he called the nurse to get one.  AS HE WAS WAITING, he was typing all this information into his laptop.  The office changed to computer records rather than written records, HOW did they type EVERY patient's records into the computer without the chances of making a mistake?  All of a sudden all my records, etc. are in the hands of Windows XP and possibilities of glitches or mixing up a person's records?

3.  Nurse comes in with it, and from what I saw, he didn't even read the bottle, just filled the syringe and stuck it in my RIGHT arm, AFTER he said he would do it in my LEFT arm.. I didn't awnt to correct him though.

4. Afterwards, they had trouble finding the sheet explaining what the shot does.  So after 5 mins, the nurse settled for somethin with a differnet name, yet she claims it offers the same immunization.

Should I be worried?  The needle was sealed, but didn't seem to be locked up.  How do I know I got the right vaccination, and the nurse didn't mishear the doctor on the phone or grab the wrong one from the fridge?  How do I know my records arent glitched in Windows XP?  I'm worried the needle was out in the open, and someone tampered with it and then re-sealed it, or it was the wrong vaccination... or something is messedup in my records and I didnt need that vaccination after all?!?!!?

Oh yea, I should say that BEFORE she brought vaccination, I can recall some sexual noises coming from the room next door.  then the nurse walked out, i dont know if she was giving him a blow job or if the patient was moaning in pain... but what if she was giving a hand job or something and she didnt wash hands and then touched my vaccination/needle?  can I get aids from cum on a needle?

Ann deleted my other topic on this, and I still have these valid concerns and no one is helping me since the topic was closed. 

Offline Consumed

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2006, 11:28:48 am »
You need therapy. You are completely overwhelmed by fear of life changing illness. You need to find out what is upsetting you so much and mascarading itself as false risks for illness.
LYS

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2006, 09:50:49 pm »
I'd like to second that!  Freddy your best option would be to seek therapy for an irrational fear of disease.  These fears can be a real problem and could be part of a psychological disease, which can be successfully treated by a trained professional.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.