Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:59:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 452
Total: 452

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Will this help save us from the Hoax of the Century?  (Read 11771 times)

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: Will this help save us from the Hoax of the Century?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 10:19:12 am »
what do you call the hoax?  Global warming or the new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s office of the GOP Ranking Member?
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 10:31:14 am »
Global warming denialists remind me of AIDS denialists.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Basquo

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 10:59:02 am »
There's no Clinton reference in that story.  Where is Jack and what have you done with him?!!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:15:23 am »
The new report issued by the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee’s office of the GOP Ranking Member

Oh please Jake Senator Inhofe?

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:20:14 am »
Probably not,to much money riding on everyone buying into the hoax.
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

As John McCain said, "Americans solve problems. We don't run from them." He believes that ignoring the problem reflects a "liberal live for today" attitude unworthy of our great country, and poses a serious and unacceptable threat to our environment, our economy, and U.S. national security. He has offered common sense approaches to limit carbon emissions by harnessing market forces that will bring advanced technologies, such as nuclear energy, to the market faster, reduce our dependence on foreign supplies of energy, and see to it that America leads in a way that ensures all nations do their rightful share.

By addressing this problem responsibly, John McCain believes we can meet our obligation to be proper caretakers of creation, in a manner of which we can be proud - by protecting our country, strengthening our economy, and addressing the challenges of our time, rather than leaving a much worse problem for our children.

Offline jack

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 01:22:21 pm »
whatever.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 01:35:19 pm »
Jack, I don't believe in the global warming hoax. I just watched a special by the weather channel and it stated that since the keeping of records on climate temperature that global warming comes in cycles, always has and always will. It is even predictable.

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 01:42:26 pm »
it stated that since the keeping of records on climate temperature that global warming comes in cycles, always has and always will. It is even predictable.

okay but was there always a hole in the ozone layer?

Offline jack

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 01:50:10 pm »
what ozone layer? I thought the ozone was vaporized back in the 80s. I wonder how far back Ozone records go?
It just amazes me how these scoundrels have so many believing every change in weather is caused by some kind of human action.  They have orchestrated it to perfection, now if the climate cools(which some think it is doing)they will claim it is their efforts that brought it about, and simple minds will embrace it as fact.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 01:55:48 pm »
what ozone layer? I thought the ozone was vaporized back in the 80s. I wonder how far back Ozone records go?
It just amazes me how these scoundrels have so many believing every change in weather is caused by some kind of human action.  They have orchestrated it to perfection, now if the climate cools(which some think it is doing)they will claim it is their efforts that brought it about, and simple minds will embrace it as fact.

Unlike the deep thinkers that run the republican party. Jake if you get a chance check out the Creation Museum that just opened in Cincinnati. Science? Science? We don't need your stinkin' science!

In modern times, it was Roe V. Wade in 1973 that transformed evangelicalism into a powerful political movement. By 2004, no fewer than 41 out of 51 Republican senators had a 100 percent rating by the Christian Coalition. Senator Jim Inhofe (R-OK) compared environmentalists to the Nazis and argued that American policy in the Middle East should be based on the Bible, that Israel had a right to the West Bank "because God said so."

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 02:05:12 pm »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 02:09:16 pm »
okay but was there always a hole in the ozone layer?

Ozone depletion at the poles is a common event and it's caused by cold air. Most scientist say that there has always been a hole in the ozone layer. It's causes are natural.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 02:12:14 pm »
Roddles,

You can of course provide a link that proves this, can't you? Note that Wikipedia and The Weather Channel are not acceptable as sources.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 02:54:04 pm »
Roddles,

You can of course provide a link that proves this, can't you? Note that Wikipedia and The Weather Channel are not acceptable as sources.

MtD

Matty, are you saying the scientists on the weather channel documentary are not considered experts?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 02:55:54 pm »
I am.

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 03:02:20 pm »
LOL, did you watch the documentary?

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 03:07:43 pm »
No Roddles,

But if you and Jakey can make sweeping and patently false statements based on nothing but bullshit, why can't the rest of us?

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 03:35:22 pm »
What are you basing your so-called facts on Matty the politicians B.S. or Green Peace? I'm interest in hearing what you have to say. Matty, I'll make it easy for you, google ozone depletion. Here is a good site for you to read. http://www.globalwarming.org/primer/scienceFAQs
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 03:42:41 pm by RapidRod »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 04:18:25 pm »
What are you basing your so-called facts on Matty the politicians B.S. or Green Peace? I'm interest in hearing what you have to say. Matty, I'll make it easy for you, google ozone depletion. Here is a good site for you to read. http://www.globalwarming.org/primer/scienceFAQs

Yep, that's a very good place to start Matty. Snoop around and check out who they front for.

Called “the best environmental think tank in the country” by The Wall Street Journal, the Competitive Enterprise Institute focuses on the development and promotion of free market approaches to environmental policy. We believe that where individual property rights exist in environmental resources, the environment is most likely to be protected, and that market institutions more effectively allow for the realization of environmental values than political agencies and bureaucracies. As a leading proponent of free market environmentalism, CEI’s program includes both an overall effort to reframe the environmental debate and a series of targeted projects to reform specific policies, ranging from risk regulation to global warming.

http://www.cei.org/sections/section.cfm?section=1
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:20:26 pm by Dachshund »

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 04:30:53 pm »
The Weather Channel is a source?  Ha ha... it's basically a bunch of C-grade science drop outs who also couldn't make it in Barbizon Modeling School, they're not climatologists.

Try NOAA's Climate Center (that is, when the Bush administration isn't suppressing and/or revising their findings).

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »
So Roddles, you were saying? :)

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 07:31:12 pm »
The Weather Channel is a source?  Ha ha... it's basically a bunch of C-grade science drop outs who also couldn't make it in Barbizon Modeling School, they're not climatologists.

Try NOAA's Climate Center (that is, when the Bush administration isn't suppressing and/or revising their findings).

Philly, I said a documentary on the weather channel. I didn't say anything about the forecasters on the weather channel.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2007, 08:02:14 pm »
Philly, I said a documentary on the weather channel. I didn't say anything about the forecasters on the weather channel.

same difference

Offline randym431

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 06:16:13 am »
Yeah I hate hoaxes. Especially the gravity one.
Diag Sept 2005 VL 1mill, CD4 85, 3%, weight 143# (195# was normal)
Feb 2021, undetectable, weight 215#

Offline jack

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 08:35:01 am »
just look at the temps in the past century. The four highest years were all before 1915.  There are so many holes in not only the global warming "consensus" but the man made global warming "consensus" you could drive a tank through them. How do predict future climate direction,or temperatures when reliable recorded temps only go back a couple of hundred years at the most? The only thing that is certain is climate and temps have been inconsistent and patterns have changed consistently.
Without the Hoax,most of these people who support it would be out of work. Our media,whose profits depend on creating fear and panic daily,attacks anyone who questions the doomsayers.
Just wait,as soon as as we get any kind of cooling trend these same people will say their policies are the reason for the change. It is insanity! But those who are always willing to grasp the newest scientific fad as fact will fall for it,hook,line and sinker. In fact if their predictions of doom do not come true these scoundrels will take credit for it.
It is the perfect scam aided by useful idiots.

Oleg Sorochtin of the Institute of Oceanology at the Russian Academy of Sciences

•"I find the Doomsday picture Al Gore is painting — a six-meter sea level rise, 15 times the [U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change] number — entirely without merit. ... I protest vigorously the idea that the climate reacts like a home heating system to a changed setting of the thermostat: just turn the dial, and the desired temperature will soon be reached."

Atmospheric scientist Hendrik Tennekes, former research director at the Netherlands' Royal National Meteorological Institute

•"The hypothesis that solar variability and not human activity is warming the oceans goes a long way to explain the puzzling idea that the Earth's surface may be warming while the atmosphere is not. The [greenhouse-gas] hypothesis does not do this. ... The public is not well served by this constant drumbeat of false alarms fed by computer models manipulated by advocates."

David Wojick, expert reviewer for U.N. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change

•"The media is promoting an unprecedented hyping related to global warming. The media and many scientists are ignoring very important facts that point to a natural variation in the climate system as the cause of the recent global warming."

Chief Meteorologist Eugenio Hackbart of the MetSul Meteorologia Weather Center in Sao Leopoldo-Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil

•"There's no need to be worried. It's very interesting to study [climate change], but there's no need to be worried."

Anton Uriarte, a professor of physical geography at the University of the Basque Country in Spain
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:45:36 am by jack »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 08:59:11 am »
All research funded by big oil.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 09:00:20 am »
Jake has the Russian Academy of Sciences and RapidRod as the cornerstones of his position.

"Global warming?"

"You're not at risk. Read the warming thread."

MtD

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 09:23:37 am »
It is the perfect scam aided by useful idiots.

I know what you mean Jakey, sorta like selling a trillion dollar war based on NO weapons of mass desruction to gullible conservative idiots. Can't fool you guys.

Course you're right about the media. They've fooled McCain and Gingrich.

Gingrich went on to say that acknowledging the scientific consensus around climate change “is a very challenging thing to do if you’re a conservative” because they associate environmentalism with “bigger government and higher taxes.” Another possible explanation? Global warming skeptics find it lucrative and rewarding to side with the deep pockets of the oil lobby.

Gingrich concludes by arguing it is time for “green conservatism.”

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/10/gingrich-kerry-inhofe/

p.s. Jake, unless one of your daughters is a scientist your opinion can't be valid. ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 09:26:23 am by Dachshund »

Offline jack

« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 01:51:41 pm »
but McCains and Gringichs are? Of course most Pols are in line,the media will crush them if they aren't.  Think for yourself for once! Use your head man! Go back and look at history. The climate changes. The weather changes every year. Society has become nothing but groups of lemmings and penguins looking for the nearest cliff. These same people were predicting another ice age 40 years ago.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 02:08:33 pm »
but McCains and Gringichs are penguins looking for the nearest cliff. These same people were predicting another ice age 40 years ago.

I thought McCain was a POW forty years ago. Was he predicting an ice age in Vietnamese or English?

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 02:10:59 pm »
sigh

It's not an issue of whether the climate changes and has changed in the distant past, whether from plate tectonics or increased co2 -- it's whether the current one is or is not caused by humans.

Think for yourself for once! Use your head man!

tee hee... so says the Texan conservative that gets a daily IV drip from "Pills" Limbaugh.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2007, 12:34:27 am »
Probably not,to much money riding on everyone buying into the hoax.
http://epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Minority.Blogs&ContentRecord_id=f80a6386-802a-23ad-40c8-3c63dc2d02cb

I knew it was just a matter of time for Jake's inconvenient truth about Inhofe's report would come to light.
The 400 scientists they characterize as disputing man-made climate change include mostly folks no one has ever heard of, and the quotes they cherry pick aren’t all expressing doubt about whether climate change is real and a problem — many are simply expressing differing opinions about the degree of warming and the consequences of that warming. Others simply cited phenomena that might be causing warming in addition to that caused by greenhouse gases.

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/12/21/sen-inhofes-misleading-climate-denial-report/
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 12:38:10 am by Dachshund »

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2007, 07:50:39 am »
Bush Acknowledges Existence Of Carbon Dioxide
December 21, 2007 | Issue 43•51

WASHINGTON—In an unexpected reversal that environmentalists and scientists worldwide are calling groundbreaking, President George W. Bush, for the first time in his political career, openly admitted to the existence of carbon dioxide following the release of the new U.N. Global Environment Outlook this October.

The announcement has wide-ranging implications for exhalation, club soda, and photosynthesis.
"Carbon dioxide, a molecule which contains one atom of carbon bonded with two atoms of oxygen, is a naturally occurring colorless gas exhaled by humans and metabolized, in turn, by plants," Bush told a stunned White House press corps. "As a leading industrialized nation, we can no longer afford to ignore the growing consensus of so many experts whose job it is to study our atmosphere. Carbon dioxide is real."

Because carbon dioxide, which was first described by 17th-century Flemish physician Jan Baptista van Helmont as a gas he referred to as "spiritus silvestre," has long been denied by the Bush administration, the president's speech was widely hailed as a victory for advocates of empirically established scientific fact.

"This has been a major step forward for national basic-chemistry policy," said longtime CO2 proponent and eighth-grade science teacher Linda Mattson. "By taking this brave stance, Bush has opened the door for the eventual acknowledgment that other molecular compounds, such as H20, for example, may in fact exist as well."

Many of those whom Bush has long considered to be his most loyal followers, however, have expressed disappointment with the development.

"There is nothing about any 'carbon dioxide' in the Bible," said Rev. Luke Hatfield of Christchurch Ministries in Topeka, KS. "What's next? Claims that so-called 'fossil' fuels come from mythical creatures like dinosaurs? This has been a sad step backward for our nation."
A White House spokesman was careful to categorize the announcement as "cautious," and reiterated that the president is still not ready to take any position on the existence of polar ice caps, ozone, or a controversial idea held by many scientists and often referred to as "weather."
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 07:52:27 am by Dachshund »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2007, 09:14:55 am »
hmmm, chemistry at it's basics? How about photosynthesis? Without Co2 there would be no O2 and without O2 you would not be here for any discussion.  ;)

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2007, 09:39:10 am »
hmmm, chemistry at it's basics? How about photosynthesis? Without Co2 there would be no O2 and without O2 you would not be here for any discussion.  ;)

It's just too easy. Even Al Roker would have seen through this...and he's just a weatherman. ;)

http://www.theonion.com/content/index

Offline fearless

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 03:43:18 pm »
I'm with the Pastafarians on this one. Global warming is a direct result of the reduction in the number of pirates in the world.

http://www.venganza.org/

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.