Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 08:10:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 554
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 472
Total: 474

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1943 times)

Offline RoseMary

Hello All
« on: December 15, 2018, 01:19:40 pm »
Hi, I'm going by "RoseMary" on this forum.

How's everyone doing this holiday season?

A little about myself: I'm 28 years old, Sapiosexual, Geek, Gamer, Recluse, lover, and friend.

I live nature reserves, beaches, and I'd be dead without music. A love a good TV series, but havent the attention span to stay interested long term (Even if I really love the show (I'm wierd, I know lol).

I'm trying to go back to school so I can get a good job. I love cooking and doing photography (just started, and I'm loving it! I'm hoping I can eventually make money with my photography (so I can get off disability and start saving for retirement.. (I'm already worried that I'm too late of a late bloomer)..

Also, I'm a writer. Again, Ive never finished a script or book due to my horrible attention span... I get bored so quickly..

Anyways, I'm also HIV positive.. undetectable for almost a decade.

I hope to make great new friends here.. I'm extremely lonely, especially this time of year.. (Mom passed recently, holidays and certain days without her.. it tears me to shreds..)

Blessings to all.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2018, 05:30:28 pm »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about your mom passing.
Hugs and wishing you strength.

Also, I'm a writer. Again, Ive never finished a script or book due to my horrible attention span... I get bored so quickly..

Cool. Writing process could be in parts prehaps, instead of seeing it as unfinished. Leave it and come back to it later.

Any particular genre of writing?

Jim
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline TexasDragon

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2018, 09:56:31 pm »
Hello RoseMary -

Nice to meet you. I understand your loneliness - for me it is more by choice but I do get lonely at times.

Do you like poetry? I love James Kavanaugh - I think he is amazing!

Know you are not alone in this world.

Congrats on being undetectable for a decade - I hope to get there soon myself.

Pease - TD

Exposure 10-04-2018
Dx 11-08-2018
1st Appt 11-15-2018
11-15-2018 Blood Draw - CD4 468 11% VL 316,000
2nd Appt 12-04-2018 - Hep A and B Vaccines
Start of Biktarvy 12-14-2018
3rd Appt 01-15-2019 - All Good - 2nd Hep B Vaccine
01-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 934 28% VL 98
4th Appt 04-16-2019 - All Good - Final Hep B Vaccine
04-16-2019 Blood Draw - CD4 873 30% VL <20
01-13-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 1064 34% VL <20
09-29-2020 Blood Draw - CD4 972 32% VL <20
03-25-2021 Blood Draw - CD4 1168 38% VL = 26

Offline RoseMary

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 04:40:30 am »
Hiya,

Sorry to hear about your mom passing.
Hugs and wishing you strength.
Thank you. It doesn't get easier with time. That parts bullshit..
Cool. Writing process could be in parts prehaps, instead of seeing it as unfinished. Leave it and come back to it later.

Any particular genre of writing?

Jim
Agreed. Left to be picked up on later, is better thinking process..

Thank for the love.

Offline RoseMary

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 04:43:52 am »
Hello RoseMary -

Nice to meet you. I understand your loneliness - for me it is more by choice but I do get lonely at times.

Do you like poetry? I love James Kavanaugh - I think he is amazing!

Know you are not alone in this world.

Congrats on being undetectable for a decade - I hope to get there soon myself.

Pease - TD

Thanks, I do love poetry, not familiar with the man who'd mention. I'll look him up.

And yes, my loneliness is by choice, i choose to not face my fears.

Congrats on being undetectable for so long.

Offline Daniel2012

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2018, 01:50:34 pm »
Hi Rosemary
Hats off and congratulations to hear that you've been ud and doing fine for more than a decade. Inspiration for us newly dx guys with more questions than answers. Not completed a year but will strive to emulate you. Would love to hear your story if you are willing to share.
Best wishes & Happy Holidays o

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.