Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 344
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Atripla  (Read 7871 times)

Offline edgemont1

Atripla
« on: January 02, 2007, 12:05:58 pm »
Hello,

I am new to this forum but I started taking Atripla and have been feeling sick.

I was diagonosed in 1998 and started out on Sustiva and Combovir.  Sustiva at bedtime along with one combovir and than one combovir in the morning.  In the first week sustiva was a trip( guess that is where they got atripla from) lol

Anyway, I got over those side effects and felt fine for the last eight years. Never felt side effects of AZT or combovir. My viral load has been undetetable ever since and the percent is normal for T cell.  Count is normal too. So to avoid missing the morning combovir as I sometimes did my doctor talked about Atripla.

I started taking Atripla december of 2006 so it's been about a month and I haven't felt good since. I feel a little hyper, My muscles in my arms ache a little and sometimes I feel like I can feel the blood or something running through my body. Kind of like when you get an adrelanline surge and you can feel it run through out ones body. Kind of feels like that but not adrenaline. I am prone to panic and anxiety attacks so these symptoms are not helping my anxiety level. I plan to call my doctor but was wondering if anyone had similar side effects. 

Thanks

Offline theshyone

Re: Atripla
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 05:14:44 pm »
I KNOW THIS IS OFF THE SUBJECT , BUT I WANT TO THANK EACH AN EVERYONE OF YOU WHO POURS THEIR HEARTS OUT ON HERE,I JUST STARTED TAKING ATRIPLA AN IF IT  WASNT FOR YOU GUYS , I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD HAVE DONE , SO THANK YOU FOR THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART, P.S SECOND DAY AN THANGS ARE GETTIN BETTER??????? :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 09:06:04 am »
Hey Shy,

It's good to read that you've been getting help and comfort here. Keep coming around and if you haven't already done so, please check out some of the other sections as well.

Cheers,
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 09:15:28 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline Atripla_User

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 10:27:00 am »
I agree, the liner notes only tell so much, it's nice to talk and read with real people about all this.

Offline jblove

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 02:13:47 pm »
 8)

I am fairly new to the forums, but I have been on Atripla now for a month and a half. I haven't noticed many side effects, but one that stands out is that I have been having very vivid dreams, somewhat like it use to be when I was on Sustiva. I also fall asleep very quickly now and my doctor says that is unusual.

I am glad to be back and posting.

Pos since 1984  AIDS in 2000 and meds since 2000.

Jim B.

Offline koi1

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 08:14:53 pm »
I have been on sustiva and truvada and so far so good. Only a bit of difficulty concentrating. I take ativan to help me sleep, because I was having sleep issues.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 09:04:30 pm »
i have truvada sustive no problems for 13 months.. have my atripla in the med drawer, as soon as my last month of truvada/sustiva is done, i will start atripla. i dont think there will be any diff as its the same meds
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline ga1964

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 11:33:29 pm »
I was diagnosed Dec. 06 and was put on Atripla in Jan. 07 and the only thing I have noticed so far is a constant muscle ache from shoulder to shoulder, Some times it gets pretty intense.  My doctor told me to take Aleive or Motrin for the pain.  I have not had any weird dreams, but then again I can't remember the last time I had a dream at all.  I do have trouble going to sleep at times, but I've had that problem before when I have been under stress.  Needless to say, being diagnosed did add stress to my life, so that might be why I've been having trouble getting to sleep now.

David.

Offline Alden

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 04:09:46 pm »
I was on Combivir and Sustiva since 2001 when I was told that I had HIV.  My doctor put me on Atripla in October '06.  I took and take lunesta to help me sleep and to avoid "vivid" dreams,so I do not know if that side effect is there, and I do not wish to find out because it was there with Sustiva for me.  I take mine at bedtime and I understand it helps keep the side effects in check.  The main thing is take be faithful to yourself in taking your meds.  My wife and I have been in POZ twice about taking your meds.  My doctor is always telling me about his patients that do not follow his advise on taking their meds and end up in trouble because of it.  Any meds anyone takes has side effects, HIV has its own with out meds as we know. My wife found a book that had what supplements you could take to help lesson the side effects of HIV and they seem to have worked.  You have just tell yourself anything like "I'm taking my blood pressure meds"  or anything like that if it helps. It helped me when I first started taking my meds.  I actually waited a few days after getting my first prescription filled before I started taking my meds so I could pscy myself in to it.

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 07:31:02 pm »
I have been on Atripla over a month now and the only side effects are tireness during the day.  Concentration is hard also.  The other effects are dreams.  My thing is to play music all night long for it helps me not have bad dreams. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Alden

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2007, 09:37:37 pm »
 I guess that I have had some of those side effects. But I am on so many other meds that I could not determine if it was the Atripla or not.  I too have panic and anxiety problems along with being passive suicidal etc. I think the side effects will calm down.  I take lunesta to help me sleep.

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2007, 06:46:25 am »
I am on Sustiva and Truvada, other than the initial drunkeness and the vivid dreams, my only side effect was a mild rash in Week 2 which went away after five days.  Taking benedryl helped with that.

For the aching muscles, you might want to call your doctor since it could be something related to the way your body reacts to the Truvada.  Muscle weakness in the arms or legs is a possible side effect of NRTI's.

Good luck.
Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline everflirt

• "Simplicity is complexity resolved."
    • Design Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2007, 03:57:29 pm »
I am new to this forum and have found it helpful already, thanks guys! -- oh, and gals :-)

I started taking Atripla 13 days ago in an effort to simplify my regimen and save money on co-pays. Previously I was on Norvir, Truvada & Lexiva, which worked great for me. With Atripla, I have definitely had more vivid dreams. Nothing too scary. Although last night was a bit crazy. I take my dose right before bed as recommended, but I do wake up feeling very dizzy and lightheaded. I also find it difficult to concentrate for the first few hours after I get up. I am hopeful that these effects will subside. I'm not sure how long to give it. I've read some that have waited a month and others who couldn't stand the way they felt and got off it right away.

Fortunately, I am self-employed, so I have some flexibility in my schedule. I have noticed that I am sleeping LONGER too.

Any advice? I think I will give this a month, but my doc says I shouldn't try to be a "hero" and wait too long. He said I can always go back to the regimen I was on prior to Atripla.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:59:07 pm by everflirt »

Offline Tempeboy

• Like St Francis of Assisi I am wedded to Poverty
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 04:15:12 pm »
I just started Atripla last night and I feel horrible today i have a killer headache, I'm dizzy, tired, irritable I guess i have every classic side effect I just hope it doesn't last very long I'm trying to be strong.
I have been poz since 1995 and i am just now starting treatment (havent needed it) so starting was a huge decision i just hope i can hang in there....you all are so strong and really have inspired me. ;D
Roughly roundabout somewhere in the eighteenth or nineteenth century, Sodomite begat Homosexual out of moral, medical and legal models, bequeathing him Identity, who inbred with Nuclear Family and Industrialism to spawn Homophobia.

Dean Kiley

Offline Kellyk

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 04:37:19 pm »
I started Atripla in November - I'm sure what I felt was compounded by bacterial pneumonia + recovering from PCP.....  With that said, I felt lousy for approximately 1 month before rebounding.   I haven't had any negative side effects since then.

Offline CWD6474

• 38 year old gay male
    • TulsaChip
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 12:57:21 am »
Been on Atripla for about 2 months now, and I have good days and bad days.  Some days I have diarrhea so bad that I can't stand it, other days I am just fine. Can someone please help me to understand what may be going on?  Recently had a colonoscopy done, and results are not in yet, but really don't think they found anything, or doctor would of let me know.

Please let me know what you may. 

Thanks
Grinch

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.