Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:31:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Extremely Confused, Need some help  (Read 2289 times)

Offline lifelessonsz

• Standard
Extremely Confused, Need some help
« on: June 13, 2014, 12:27:22 am »
Hello there I have some questions regarding my status, I have been searching the web and cannot help but to feel like a hypochondriac but simply cannot help it.

Basically Im a 26 year old male who was diagnosed with genital Herpes type 1 HSV1 about 6 years ago. I currently have a girlfriend who is also HSV1 positive and have been together for a while. Recently we have been fighting and she left for 4-5months to go work/study abroad.

Well the other night I called a Black/Mexican Sex Worker off of a listing page who only had good reviews and stayed in an upscale hotel(hoping she would be cleaner, i dunno). During the encounter she first gave me unprotected Oral sex, which I heard was of low risk to get HIV due to inability of saliva to carry the disease. Then we had protected Anal, I washed off with water then she gave me unprotected oral again for another 7 minutes and I left.

Really I am losing sleep and my mind cannot stop racing because of a few things I hope can be clarified here.

She had piercing(s)in her mouth although none of them were fresh. She always gives unprotected oral almost all the time although she had not been very busy the last week before I saw her. I know i have read alot about unprotected oral being safe on here but just wanted to clarify with piercings and multiple partners.

I did have a small ingrown hair looking bump on the base of my shaft I did not notice until I got home.

I also read that having HSV increases my risk of acquiring HIV from an infected individual which really got me worried since I had the open sore.

Now its been 75 hours and I just missed the option to take PEP in order to quarrel my thoughts. And now I noticed I have a small white lesion on my inner thigh about a half inch from my testicles that I did not notice before and its just fueling my worry fire.

Knowing all of this information, am I at risk for HIV? What do you think the lesion could be if it just appeared today? Does the bump on the base of my shaft put me into an increased risk category? And if the Worker gave someone unprotected oral in the last week then gave me oral, could I get the disease even though her viral load would be low?  And finally, is the lesion my HSV coming back because I got HIV, I know they work in tandem? Really I cannot stop thinking about all this and any help and clarification will be amazing.

Edit: She does not take any semen in her mouth what so ever from anyone and she has only been working for 9 months.

And regarding no oral risk, what about this site?
http://sti.bmj.com/content/80/4/324.1.full

"Of the remaining 36 cases, 16 (2.3%) claimed to have had only oral sex as their risk for acquiring HIV, with 20 (2.9%) cases always reporting protected anal sex but unprotected oral sex. Previous negative testing history and HIV status of partners was taken into account when discussing possible HIV risk with clinicians or healthcare providers. "
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:42:08 am by lifelessonsz »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Extremely Confused, Need some help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:31:54 am »
life,

You haven't had a risk for hiv infection.

That article you cite is talking about GIVING blowjobs, not receiving. Also, it's based on patient report and patient report is notoriously unreliable as many men (it was a study of men who have sex with men - aka msm) will not admit to being the receptive partner during anal intercourse. Giving blowjobs is allegedly more acceptable.

There have been three long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. These were NOT patient report studies, they were studies where the couples were actually followed starting when one was poz and the other neg.

Not one person has ever been infected through getting a blowjob - patient report or otherwise - and you aren't going to be the first.

If you're worried about blood in her mouth, stop it. Unless you repeatedly punched her in the mouth before she blew you, there could not possibly be enough blood present to cause the least hiv concern.

As for your herpes, if you had an open herpes sore on your dick and you let her suck you, then shame on you. If it was on your mouth, I hope you kept your mouth away from her. Keep your herpes to yourself.

Herpes only increases your hiv risk if you have an open lesion on your dick and you have unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse with it. Doing this also means you're giving your herpes to someone else. It's a bad idea all round, so don't do it.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST OVER A BLOWJOB OR PROTECTED INTERCOURSE, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline lifelessonsz

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 10:10:11 am »
Thank you for your reply it has made me feel much better, especially the clarification on that article. A few things though.

First, I did not know I had any sort of sore or anything of the sort until I came home and did an inspection. I did one the day before and nothing was there or somehow i missed it. To be fair it is not actually on my penis either, it is in my pubic hair region a few centimeters from the shaft. A concern would be that I came into contact with fluids or just her anal region through this sore? Even if it isnt herpes and is an ingrown hair?

And as for the one on my thigh, its underneath my testicles on my thigh and it looks completely different from the one mentioned above. I honestly didnt find it till I was about to make my first post on here and it really shocked me. Its like a raised white head that almost looks like a skin tag but there is no hair around it so i do not think it is an ingrown hair. It seems to have developed more since I made the post, do you think it could be stress related herpes as I have been losing sleep over this and reading articles whenever i have a spare minute? Or maybe something else? Edit: I forgot to mention that the area seems to be throbbing a little or kind of bothers me, do not know if its mind over matter.

Even with these things I mentioned it would still be no risk? And the timing on how long to wait to take a test seems to be all over the place, Would the 2-3 week tests still be accurate enough to tell?

Thank you again.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:12:36 am by lifelessonsz »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 10:35:12 am »
As Ann has already told you, you did not have a risk from oral sex.  Bumps and sores does not change the no risk.  While you DO NOT need to test over this incident, you can test 6 weeks past this incident and collect your negative result.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.