Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 30, 2024, 01:11:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772965
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 178
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I am Poz my BF is Negative, Any info  (Read 3186 times)

Offline JMS

I am Poz my BF is Negative, Any info
« on: February 10, 2007, 11:39:03 am »
 :-\ hello will like to know how I can give information to my BF, I need to know the DO and Do Not in this kind of relationship, I need help please

Offline JMS

Re: I am Poz my BF is Negative, Any info
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2007, 11:47:44 am »
hello

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2007, 12:04:22 pm »
Hey J,

I've been in one relationship like this.   Do you have a good HIV doctor who's candid?   I would suggest you and your partner go to speak with your physician to get the specifics.   

That was what worked best for my former partner and I.   Clearly, there are some things which are safer than others.   This is a pretty open and candid forumn so if you have specific questions ask away.

I understand the anxiety you must have.   

I'm wondering if perhaps the moderators here can direct you to some useful information as well.

Wesley
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2007, 03:49:09 pm »
I was in a five year relationship with a negative partner (boyfriend). To the best of my knowledge, he is still negative, hooray!! We tried hard not to get too carried away, to always have me wear condoms. We had an exclusive relationship (no sex outside of it), which I think helped alot, too. Looking back, maybe a few things, such as rimming, might have been a mistake, but more for other reasons, not HIV. I don't know where you live, but where I live there are support groups for Poz/Neg couples. We had a very satisfying sex life for five years; maybe a bit more cautious than I would have been with another poz guy (my relationships with other poz guys have been much shorter in duration, so it's hard to know for sure). Hope this helps some - communication is the key!

Rich from Boston

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2007, 03:49:38 pm »
Echoing Wesley,  there's lot's of information in threads here from our past discussions, so if you can start with those, you should get a good sense of where we are coming from... and don't be surprised if we differ from each other on what is safe and why. :)  Certainly any questions and more details you can give us, such as when did you become positive and were you with your current b.f. or did he come in afterwards will help us help you.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2007, 05:07:01 pm »
There weren't any support groups in my area for this, but we did find one on Myspace.   There should be plenty of other couples on here who can give you advice as well.  Some of the things may fall under the serosorting topics, or at least you might be able to locate others.

Trying not to be graphic, my doctor advised us to use condoms when engaging in anal intercourse, but he pretty much felt anything else goes.   There's no evidence that oral sex has led to infection.   

Ironically, the one issue which my ex was worried about was tooth brushing before kissing.  Go figure!  Anyways, my doc didn't think that was really worth worrying about much.

I have to say both of us were shocked when the doctor asked our sexual preferences, top, bottom, vers. etc. ; )  He also stated we were part of a "growing minority."   Being the rebel I am that was right up my alley ;)

Oy, well I don't want to get into my own private life here.   One thing I can tell you is that of all the couples I've met each seem to figure out what level of safer sex they are comfortable with.

It took a little figuring out, but honestly if you guys are in an open and honest relationship I see no reason why you can't have a completely satisfying sex life.

If you have something more detailed you want my opinion on feel free to PM me.   And, I'm sure there are a lot of others here as well who could give you some tips and insight ;)
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 05:27:33 pm »
I had a ten-year partnership with a Neg man who still is.

I'm currently in a long term relationship with another.

I'm with Win. More detail would be good if you're looking for feedback.

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2007, 06:01:20 pm »

As of this coming July my partner and I will be together 27 years. 22 of those years with me being HIV positive. He is HIV negative. I also intend on keeping him that way. You learn through the years to communicate with each other, and you understand each others needs. We have also become very creative ( sexually ) throughout the years. Believe me, we know each other very well !! There were also  some difficult times through some of those years, especially when I became infected back in 1985, and also back in 2002-2003. Other issues put a damper on things. But once again, we communicated, and we worked through the issues. There is only safer sex.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2007, 09:54:46 pm »
Hi,
I have been in a realtionship for 17 years and we just keep on living life...of course we play safe....aside from that there have been no issues at all!

Jeff

Offline Seven

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2007, 01:43:01 am »
Three years for myself (poz/female) and my bf (neg/male...LOL)
Np with us. Ask any questions you like here. That was something I was wondering when I first joined as well. It's more common then I thought, but there aren't to many people to talk about this with, other then people who are going thru the same things you are. I hope you find what you are looking for here.

Welcome to the board ;)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 01:44:32 am by Seven »

Offline rick21007

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2007, 09:27:31 am »
Hi gang!  I may as well bring this up here as it seems to be related to JMS's question and it is an issue--my issue, that I don't seem to be getting past.

Despite my husband's reassurances I feel a lot of guilt about bringing hiv into our relationship with the result being we cannot have sex without his having to wear a condom.  I feel like I have deprived him of ever being able to have sex that is totally satisfying.  Maybe this is just projection on my part, or at least partly so.  At least I am willing to admit it is more a problem in my own head but it would be helpful to hear some comments, one way or the other.  Anyway this seems to be clearly my issue, not my husband's at this point.

Ha! just reading what I wrote I see I don't have to make it his issue either, but it still would be helpful to hear comments.

Rick

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2007, 10:54:35 am »
Here's the truth from my perspective: sex is simply better WITHOUT condoms! It feels better, more natural, and more connected, intense and emotionally satisfying - yet... I find that when I love someone, as I did Jim, wearing a condom is something I want to do because I love him so much. For me, it's more difficult to not carried away sexually with more casual sex partners (I would love to be "pure" and hold out for a relationship, but I'm concerned that it never seems to happen, and I dont' like celibacy at all). Some guys like condoms, though, and there are such high prices to pay for NOT wearing them these days - unfair, yes, but true.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2007, 05:57:44 pm »
Rick,  if it's your issue, it's his issue because you are a couple.  I think it would be great to bring this up into it's own thread so that we can see what suggestions/advice we can come up with for your and your partner's specifics without sidetracking from this thread.  Best, Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.