Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:38:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772954
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 468
Total: 471

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: THIS IS A REALLY WEIRD COUPLE OF QUESTIONS?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline joyluckclub

THIS IS A REALLY WEIRD COUPLE OF QUESTIONS?
« on: July 29, 2006, 12:29:42 am »
Hi Guys

I'm newly diagnosed.  I'm under "Help I'm NUMB" in the "I Just tested positive" section.

I have this really strange urge to start dating in earnest.  Right now, I'm only planning to date other HIV+ folks.  For me, the issue of revealing my status is just too much potential drama.

I don't know if I'm wanting to date because I have this deep sense of loneliness, or that I'm horny (have not had sex in like 4 years...some heavy petting....but not good, mind blowing, wonderful sex), OR  that I'm horny and lonely.

Can anyone shed some light on my new found Libido?

SECOND QUESTION

I'm a big boy now.  I put on the weight during my 8 stressful years of teaching (WOW  about 90 pounds).  I slowly trying to take it off.

Any ideas on how to attract some love for a big boy?

Even before I knew I was HIV+, dating was not happening.  It's not that I have impossible standards (I love all flavors and sizes of God's cornucopia of people).  I just don't seem to be able to make that "Connection"

Help!   Help!   Help!

When you answer, please be gentle..........Right now...I'm a little crazy........

Cory
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline joyluckclub

Re: THIS IS A REALLY WEIRD COUPLE OF QUESTIONS?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:42:52 am »
bye the way....

I know this isn't a dating service...........

I didn't want to sound like I'm a Whore........

I am actually looking for LTR (hence....no sex for four years)

Just wanted to clarify........
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 12:45:27 am »
Hey Cory,

HIV takes many things from us, but not our sex drive. ;) Lots of people love larger men. Bigger guys are very attractive. I find that what makes a person sexy is the vibe they give out more than anything.

Welcome to the forums, by the way. :)

Love,

MtD

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 12:53:36 am »
A) Its ok to want a romantic/intimate/sexual life. It's even ok to be a whore/slut/person of easy virtue. All in the human condition, ya know :)

B) If you are happy in YOUR body, then all you need to do it put yourself out there, with confidence, and you will be shocked at how "hot" you end up being :)

C) If you are NOT happy in your body, no amount of junk will make you confident. Last thing you need is to settle for someone who will rely on a low self esteem in order to be with you. That sort of relationship happens a LOT with HIV infected folks. And it never, ever ends well.

You know the old Serenity prayer and stuff? Well, this is a great example. If you seriously want to alter your body, then start today. Tonight. Find a program and stick to it. Being healthy will never betray you. And bonus, a healthy body resists infections :). Give yourself time. hell, you've given yourself four years! A few more months will only help, if being healthy is something you truly aspire towards. And besides, we ALL function better with a goal, right?

Someone once told me that if you set out to BECOME that guy you want as a boyfriend, you will end up attracting him. What they never mentioned was that the longer I became my own boyfriend, the less imperitive HAVING a boyfriend would become. Ironic, that.

And while no, this is not a dating service, it's a tremendous support group.... and poz.com has a great HIV dating service tied in as well. Watch out for the crazies, though. And trust me, HIV status does not make for a serious crazy filter. Be wary, be smart. All that.

I honestly think you have come to the right place :)

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.