Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:59:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 382
Total: 384

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: In person or over the phone?  (Read 14842 times)

Offline klassykitty

In person or over the phone?
« on: August 27, 2011, 02:10:39 am »
I'm posting this here because it's something that has been rattling my brain for almost a week.

Last weekend I met this guy at a weekend bike party.  That sat. night he  invited me to another party over Labor day weekend. Yes I woke up in his tent sunday morning, no nothing happened, ( I figured nosy minds wanted to know).   I didn't tell him about AIDS  because I figured I wouldn't' be seeing or hearing from him.  There was a lot of alcohol and I just don't believe a guy when they say they will call or see you again when they are drunk.

Well guy called Monday and have talked to him every day this week :)  I did get another invite from him to  the party again and also one to Wildwood bike week ;D.

Problem is I won't be seeing him until we hook up next weekend when we go to the  party. So now it's obvious I have to tell him about AIDS but not sure if I should tell him in person or when we are talking on phone.   My mom thinks it would be best to wait and tell him in person, she said it's too personal for a phone conversation.

What do you guys think? 

For now he is just a new guy in my life but would not mind if he became boyfriend.

Michelle 8)

How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: In person or over the phone?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 02:26:23 am »
If you are having daily friendly phone conversations, I don't see the problem telling him on the phone in a friendly way.  Also, if by some bad luck he rejects you, would you prefer it to be over the phone, before the weekend, or during the weekend.  That would be my consideration.  Where do I want to deal with the reaction.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 08:52:47 am »
Michelle, I would prefer to tell him in person. Face to face communication lets you both see each other's facial expression and body language, which I think are very important to a discussion such as this. You seem to be very comfortable about your status and this would be communicated to him in your body language. I find this to be very important (how I feel about my hiv) when disclosing.

If at all possible, try to get together with him before the party. Maybe you could get together for a coffee or some other short time frame situation. Good luck hun, it sounds like you've clicked with each other.

BTW, you posted this in the Mental Health forum, but you'll get more responses in the Living forum so I moved it for you.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:58:03 am »
Complete ditto with Ann. And, having done this a couple of times, it is quite interesting to see the compassion factor (or not) emerge. Because AIDS is such a super-charged acronym, I'd use HIV when explaining. Most people don't know the distinction and AIDS, to some-- perhaps a man who would go the distance with you---means ill, death is imminent, etc.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:02:03 am »
I don't really like telephone conversations anyway, so I would tell him in person. Non-verbal communication is often more telling than words. Also you can't give hugs through the phone.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2011, 03:26:01 am »
Face to Face > Phone > Text Message > Email/ Facebook.    Always.  :)

Good luck.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2011, 04:45:16 am »
Michelle, I agree with telling him in person.  Over the phone seems too impersonal.  At least I'd rather do it in person.  That way I can explain if a person would have questions, and I can see how they're feeling about it.  Good luck!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2011, 06:52:18 am »
I vote for in person disclosure in this case too.  Best of luck with your new friend. 

Offline zach

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2011, 08:07:28 am »
in person, in private, on neutral ground, before the party/ride, say hiv+

just my vote, best of luck

« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 08:17:59 am by zach »

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2011, 05:49:02 pm »
Michelle, I suggest telling him in person, especially if he is someone you think you could become serious about.  I think it really matters, the tone we set with those closest to us and sharing major news, whenever possible, must be done personally.  I was dating a great guy, when I found out I was poz.  I really liked him and I knew he was negative.  I was so afraid of being hurt, but I knew that if he was the guy for me, there would be nothing I could tell him that would change that fact.  I drove over to his house and told him the news.  His first words were "I don't think either of us should be alone tonight."  We had a wonderful four years together and part of the bond we created, came from the time I told him I was poz.

It would be important to me, to do this personally, because no matter what the eventual outcome, if I really feel something for someone, then I could never do any less.  Affairs of the heart are intimate and require closeness, both emotionally and physically.

Offline Since2005

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2011, 06:41:27 pm »
In person!!! It's because I am good at reading one's expression  :), on the phone, I can't do that. Again, I could also see why would you even bring it up, for that, follow your intuition. Good luck sweetie!!

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2011, 07:30:28 pm »
hmmm firstoff you go!!!!!! Hope it works out for you :)

Secondly my two cents says do it over the phone. I don't know if a party where alcohol and little privacy is probably the norm is a place to have a serious convo like this. I am also chicken shit and never told a guy face to face about my status. I guess I always worried about rejection pre-hiv and now it's no different.

Good luck and keep us posted!!!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Strive for “One Day When” by collecting “One Day Wins”

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2011, 07:37:28 pm »

Secondly my two cents says do it over the phone. I don't know if a party where alcohol and little privacy is probably the norm is a place to have a serious convo like this. I am also chicken shit and never told a guy face to face about my status. I guess I always worried about rejection pre-hiv and now it's no different.

Gurl, hell to the naw.  This is the sort of thing that, when addressed, needs to be done in person.  Over the phone shows the same interest and bravery as doing it via text, email, or a post-it note

Michelle, you're a tough chick.  I say go for it in person.  At least you get to see and get a really good feel as to how he is taking the news.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline wolfter

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2011, 08:18:47 pm »
Whatever you decide, sending you some poz energy your way.  Is there any chance you can go on a few more dates before you make this decision? 

Best of luck!
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline buginme2

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2011, 03:39:27 am »
One things is for sure.  Regardless of the method in which you tell him,  I'm sure it will be classy(Klassy)

I wish you all the best! I will join wilfter in sending you some positive energy.
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 03:44:34 am »
 I'm sure it will be classy(Klassy)

Tell him "I am HIV". Sounds original and classy, not 'common' at all.  ;)

Good Luck!
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2011, 02:49:12 pm »
I'm  going to tell him person,  I think it's more personal also.  I'm not keen on texting and check my e-mail about once a month.  I'm on facebook more then email. 

@ Wolfter-- The main reason of not being able  to get together before the party is his work schedule.  We live about an hour apart, the party is half way between us.
@numbersguy--- More then likely I will meet him at his place and he will be told  before we leave.  If I have to meet him at the  party then I will tell him before Ketal One starts.  Either way my car will be with me just in case I go home.   It's a horse farm, lots of places to go for privacy.
 @Emeraldize-- I usually say HIV first anyhows until I know them.
My brother said maybe he has something and will say "by the way I have.. (pick something) " and then the door would be open for me.   Judging from new guys background that is a very good possibility.

There is something ironic here.  4 months ago I disclosed to a guy I wanted to date,  he is so paranoid about my AIDS that he decided we could never have a relationship but we have turned into good friends.   He is the one who invited me to  party #1.    He was a little upset( i think he's jealous) that new guy invited me to next party, but then said  if the "moron brain" turns you down you are more then welcome to camp out with me.

If all goes well on saturday then new guy will have a name.   With any luck there will be no earthquakes, hurricanes, tornados, volcanoes, mud slides, meteorites or any other stupid weather stuff.

I also have my list of web sites to give him if he asks questions and I don't know the answers.  Yes Poz is at top of list.

Michelle 8)

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2011, 04:19:20 pm »
Have fun, Michelle! I have a fresh disclosure story for you.

There's a young man I met indirectly related to work, 25 years my junior and he's wanted to date, seriously date, for nearly two years. We have infrequent contact, periodic phone calls and I try to be a friend to him - - a sisterly, fruity friend.

We had coffee last Saturday and again, his argument every time I'd ever said we have tooooo many years between us was always -- " but age is just a number". I said " nope, it's not... I dated someone 25 years my senior and I learned a few things from that." He was adorably relentless.

I felt the show-stoppin', game-changin' card was likely going to be my status,  and I shared it with him. He was slack-jawed and sweet all at the same time. It was actually endearing and now, I think we're going to be friends.

Heck, everyone needs a young friend now and again, just as everyone needs an old(er) friend now and again.  I will continue to hold out for someone closer to my age.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2011, 04:31:02 pm by emeraldize »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2011, 04:49:22 pm »
Gurl, hell to the naw.  This is the sort of thing that, when addressed, needs to be done in person.  Over the phone shows the same interest and bravery as doing it via text, email, or a post-it note

Michelle, you're a tough chick.  I say go for it in person.  At least you get to see and get a really good feel as to how he is taking the news.

Silly cow -- you should slip him a note on lined composition notebook paper that says:

I HAVE AIDS. I LIKE YOU, DO YOU LIKE ME?

YES

NO

(CHECK YES)
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2011, 06:36:56 pm »
Silly cow -- you should slip him a note on lined composition notebook paper that says:

YES

NO

(CHECK YES)

I actually tried this one out while at Subway last week... I scribbled it on the back of a napkin... I'm not gonna tell you to bust out your wash-N-wear bridesmaids dresses just yet, but I think its headed in that direction!

Michelle- I think telling him beforehand sounds perfect. I don't want him or you to feel held hostage by the situation be it good or bad. Good luck!!!
JOIN US FOR PEER-ish SUPPORT Every other Friday @ 7pm EST, PM me your email address for meeting link/information

Offline numbersguy82

• Adrian Alan
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2011, 06:39:06 pm »
Have fun, Michelle! I have a fresh disclosure story for you.

There's a young man I met indirectly related to work, 25 years my junior and he's wanted to date, seriously date, for nearly two years. We have infrequent contact, periodic phone calls and I try to be a friend to him - - a sisterly, fruity friend.

We had coffee last Saturday and again, his argument every time I'd ever said we have tooooo many years between us was always -- " but age is just a number". I said " nope, it's not... I dated someone 25 years my senior and I learned a few things from that." He was adorably relentless.

I felt the show-stoppin', game-changin' card was likely going to be my status,  and I shared it with him. He was slack-jawed and sweet all at the same time. It was actually endearing and now, I think we're going to be friends.

Heck, everyone needs a young friend now and again, just as everyone needs an old(er) friend now and again.  I will continue to hold out for someone closer to my age.

Very kewl Em! So there's no potential of more than friendship :(

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2011, 06:45:51 pm »
Oh how exciting ----In person because you cannot kick him over the phone If the fool does not realize how lucky he is. DUH
Good luck
love
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2011, 10:02:33 pm »

YES

NO

(CHECK YES)

This one I really like! I think I will do this at an elegant fundraiser or at a baseball game. Will report back.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42:09 pm »

YES

NO

(CHECK YES)

Not sure if I did this right, but we shall see.

I like it.  With enough alcohol would do it to,  but then I will do the frozen tittie show with enough alcohol in me. ;D

He has a sweet tooth so I'm bribing him with red velvet cupcakes with chocolate fudge frosting.   I also bought a new tiny little shirt.

We won't be able to meet until saturday so until then I am just chilling and not worrying (to much).

@emeraldize-- you can always be a teacher for awhile :D 

Michelle 8)

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2011, 07:42:59 pm »
Yes I figured out how to do the quote thingy.  I'm so proud of myself. :)

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2011, 07:47:38 pm »
Yes I figured out how to do the quote thingy.  I'm so proud of myself. :)

FYI... I disclosed to a life long friend of mine today via FB instant message.  He is poz too as it turns out. 

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2011, 11:34:27 pm »
@emeraldize-- you can always be a teacher for awhile :D 

Teach what to whom? Not sure I follow.

RE: your Facebook disclosure -- how odd that?

Em

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 10:12:41 am »
RE: your Facebook disclosure -- how odd that?

Em

Hi Em!  He had been following my Seattle related posts on FB and was asking me how it was, who I went with, and so I simply explained that I attended the AMG11 gathering with a group of wonderful folks.  He asked what AMG stands for so I clearly told him.  Who knows, we may actually see him on the site soon..... when he gets back from Southern Decadence in NOLA.  

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 11:53:54 am »
Hope - that's a fine way to doubly connect with an old friend. Em

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 10:26:50 pm »
Em--  To lazy to type out whole name, sorry.  When I worked at peanut butter cup land I had some young kid ask me out,  he was 20 yrs. then me, while the offer was nice I said no.   I told a friend that I didn't want to have to teach some young kid.
Michelle

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 12:01:00 am »
Thanks KK -- now I get it. There's actually a business called Peanut Butter Cup Land? Like it.

So when's the delivery of the red velvet cupcakes, you temptress? We need the next installment!!!

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 08:57:52 am »
@Emeraldize-- it's called Reese's, it's where Hersheys makes pnut butter cups and kit kats.  I also worked for a little while at Y&S that is where Twizzlers is made.   By the way they are excellent right off the line.  Both plants only hire through a temp service.  I tried to go back but the guy in charge of the temp hiring said when I was sick in November and in January I was faking so he won't hire me back.

Installment of cupcakes is today.  Next installment will probably be Monday, or today if all goes bad.  I have a hard time getting onto Poz on my phone,  I don't have a fancy cell phone just a plain normal cell phone.  I will try though for nosy minds.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Michelle 8)

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 09:20:34 am »
It's a more naked way to do it, but I am very much for in-person.

Good luck Michelle, and have a good weekend however it goes.
Andy Velez

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 09:49:13 am »
[img][http://s1097.photobucket.com/albums/g356/klassykitty_2000/Mobile%20Uploads//img]

Between cupcakes and me I got major brownie points. ;D

Of course if I posted the picture wrong none of this makes sense, so we will see if i did it right.

8)

Stupid computers

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 09:54:17 am »
I will try though for nosy minds.

I can wait. I like delayed gratification. I like Twizzlers more, though. Have fun, KK.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 09:55:24 am »
I give up on trying to do picture things

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 09:57:50 am »
I've yet to successfully upload a pic.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2011, 12:51:21 pm »
You have to get the link exactly between the brackets, you almost had it!

edited to say well crap I couldn't get it right either. I'm at the office and some things don't work right (me!)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:04:09 pm by Basquo »

Offline wolfter

« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2011, 01:01:32 pm »
Hopefully you figure it out by the time you have the good photos.....Enjoy yourself. ;D
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 11:53:18 am »
So..................It went better then I expected.

I didn't tell him as soon as I wanted, yep it was that lack of privacy thing, but when I did tell him it went good.

His response was "We will work through it".  :)

He knows a little about it.   I forgot to take my list of web sites for him, but told him I had some sites he could look at.

I did take Em's  (I think) advice and told  him HIV.

He has more questions and when he gets back from Bike Week we will get together and will have a q&a  date.

So for now I can say  have a boyfriend.

Since I am not in Wildwood with him I hope it rains there all week and is nice and sunny here in Pa. ;D

Well off to my cuz's for a Labor Day party.
Have a good day.

Michelle 8)

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2011, 11:58:46 am »
I'm so happy it went well!

Offline zach

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2011, 11:59:28 am »
 ;D outstanding, congratulations!

that took alot of courage

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2011, 12:09:06 pm »
That's fantastic, Michelle. He sounds like a keeper!
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2011, 12:18:16 pm »
that's good news Kitty!  ;D hopefully things will continue to work out as your new beau gets educated :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2011, 12:28:12 pm »
This is great news, Michelle.

I've learned something new from you. If there's a disclosure in my future that I'm hoping will work out as well, then I'm planning to make red velvet cupcakes!!!

Enjoy the balance of the holiday.
Em

Online leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2011, 12:43:42 pm »
red velvet cupcakes!!!
sounds like another recipe for next yr's AMG cookbook!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2011, 12:56:54 pm »
Thats great, Michelle may the world be bright and tingely.
theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.