Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:10:44 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 345
Total: 346

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Where are all the POZ straight men at???  (Read 66293 times)

tendai

Re: Where are all the POZ straight men at???
« Reply #150 on: May 21, 2008, 07:01:16 am »
and lovely photo it is too ;D

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #151 on: May 21, 2008, 05:54:49 pm »
Its a little off topic but what the hay.
In no particular order these are a few celebs I've been physically attracted to.

Tom Welling, Jared Leto, Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen, Jude Law, Josh Holloway, Michael Chiklis,
Cillian Murphy, Jensen Ackles and Mark Harmon.

Modified because...
I had links to their pics but the links weren't working.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 05:58:30 pm by Winiroo »

Offline next2u

« Reply #152 on: May 22, 2008, 12:08:11 am »
wendy, jared leto is smoking hot. i so loved him in my so called life & requiem for a dream. ewan mcgregor was edible in the pillow book also. below are additional hotties. this time, 2 are famous! hmm, philly still hasn't given us more goodies. an ode to hijacking!!! see, when the men don't speak up, we ladies know how to entertain ourselves!!!

[/UR
midapr07 - seroconversion
sept07 - tested poz
oct07 cd4 1013; vl 13,900; cd4% 41
feb08 cd4  694;  vl 16,160; cd4% 50.1
may08 cd4 546; vl 91,480; cd4% 32
aug08 cd4 576; vl 48,190; cd4% 40.7
dec08 cd4 559; vl 63,020; cd4% 29.4
feb09 cd4 464; vl 11,000; cd4% 26
may09 cd4 544; vl 29,710; cd4% 27.2
oct09 cd4 ...; vl 23,350; cd4% 31.6
mar10 cd4 408; vl 59,050; cd4% 31.4
aug10 cd4 328; vl 80,000; cd4% 19.3 STARTED ATRIPLA
oct10 cd4 423; vl 410 ;); cd4% 30.2
jun11 cd4 439; vl <20 ;); cd4% 33.8 <-Undetectable!
mar12 cd4 695; vl ud; cd4% 38.6
jan13 cd4 738; vl ud; cd4% 36.8
aug13 cd4 930; vl ud; cd4% 44.3
jan14 cd4 813; vl ud; cd4% 42.8
may14 cd4 783; vl *; cd4%43.5
sept14 cd4 990; vl ud; cd4% *
jun15 cd4 1152; vl ud; cd4% *
july15 - STRIBILD
oct15 cd4 583; vl 146; cd4% 42
mar16 cd4 860; vl 20; 44

tendai

« Reply #153 on: May 22, 2008, 05:32:32 am »
ooh the guy at the bottom is totally hot!!!!!! who is he?

Offline wishful

• I am pretty content nowadays..Life is gud..
« Reply #154 on: May 22, 2008, 12:55:31 pm »
Girl thats Boris K. i dont dare try spelling his last name..he is married to Nicole Ari  Parker from Soul food the series and some other stuff..he is an actor and model..
Live life to the fullest...

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #155 on: May 22, 2008, 04:40:20 pm »
All with very impressive bodies but as I have aged eye candy has become less important and intellectuals or persons with character have become more appealing.

I couldnt find a webpage devoted to the average guy. LOL

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #156 on: December 29, 2008, 02:18:01 pm »
AHAHAHHA!  I just finished reading this thread! Hilarious.

Positive straight guy here you LOVED reading this!  Thanks.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #157 on: December 29, 2008, 04:11:47 pm »
AHAHAHHA!  I just finished reading this thread! Hilarious.

Positive straight guy here you LOVED reading this!  Thanks.

Where are all the POZ str8 men? I think they all turned GAY or Bi ..............ROFLOL! just kidding guys
no pun intended  ;D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2008, 07:50:41 am »
Where are all the POZ str8 men? I think they all turned GAY or Bi ..............ROFLOL! just kidding guys
no pun intended  ;D

Ok--I know I'm dense.  I don't get it.  So being positive makes us straight guys 'turn' gay  or bi?  Maybe it's this type of crap that keeps us from this forum?

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2008, 08:04:48 am »

no pun intended  ;D

Ummm...  Sorry I did not see the pun.....
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2008, 09:05:00 am »
Marco and Thomas, I don't think denb was making a serious accusation, but merely commenting on the lack of straight men in the gay community.

What I mean by that is; often times, when men become horny, and things at home are too much of a chore sexually, they will turn to gay people for sexual gratification at the drop of a pin.  This causes us in the gay community to become rather suspicious of men who tend to declare their straightness to us, when in fact, if they are comfortably straight, then they wouldn't have to declare it. 

I have heard many gay men in my life declare that there really are no totally straight men, but this also shows a level of ignorance that isn't fair or true, however, I have experienced some really interesting events in my life that cause me to pause.  For instance, many years ago, there was a marine in southern California who I met and while we were "doing it", with me being the active partner, he looked into my eyes as I was plowing the point home, and said "Please don't kiss me, I'm not queer".  Needless to say, I was so struck by the humor of the situation that it was the end of our little tet-a-tet, and I excused him and he left, terribly distraught that he had hurt my gay feelings.  Strange indeed.

I really don't think Denb had any mean feelings in his comment, but I certainly understood what he was referring to.  You guys who are straight and have never even thought about hooking up with a gay man; probably need to learn a bit from some of us who have innocently hooked up with far more self confessed "straight men" than you might have thought would have existed. 

Marco, you have expressed a keen interest in becoming involved in helping others to not become infected, and this is one of those areas that most governments and health programes seldom admit exist, or even know about, so it is really important to not shun the knowledge that millions of straight men do go outside of that community and come to the gay community for sexual satisfaction and then take the bug home to mommie/their wives, or girlfriends.

It is just a part of human nature.  We in the end, are all sexual beings and each one of us describes ourselves in the way that suits our needs and natures.

Just my thoughts.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2008, 09:50:55 am »
I guess this is the point in the thread where I relate the time when I met a guy at a urinal and he took me home to his house, fucked the living shit out of me, then told me to keep it quiet (in disjointed Spanglish) because his wife and kids were upstairs sleeping.

Lovely, no?  He was gorgeous and very hung, so I did as I was told and then left...
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline denb45

« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2008, 09:57:18 am »
Marco and Thomas, I don't think denb was making a serious accusation, but merely commenting on the lack of straight men in the gay community.

What I mean by that is; often times, when men become horny, and things at home are too much of a chore sexually, they will turn to gay people for sexual gratification at the drop of a pin.  This causes us in the gay community to become rather suspicious of men who tend to declare their straightness to us, when in fact, if they are comfortably straight, then they wouldn't have to declare it. 

I have heard many gay men in my life declare that there really are no totally straight men, but this also shows a level of ignorance that isn't fair or true, however, I have experienced some really interesting events in my life that cause me to pause.  For instance, many years ago, there was a marine in southern California who I met and while we were "doing it", with me being the active partner, he looked into my eyes as I was plowing the point home, and said "Please don't kiss me, I'm not queer".  Needless to say, I was so struck by the humor of the situation that it was the end of our little tet-a-tet, and I excused him and he left, terribly distraught that he had hurt my gay feelings.  Strange indeed.

I really don't think Denb had any mean feelings in his comment, but I certainly understood what he was referring to.  You guys who are straight and have never even thought about hooking up with a gay man; probably need to learn a bit from some of us who have innocently hooked up with far more self confessed "straight men" than you might have thought would have existed. 

Marco, you have expressed a keen interest in becoming involved in helping others to not become infected, and this is one of those areas that most governments and health programes seldom admit exist, or even know about, so it is really important to not shun the knowledge that millions of straight men do go outside of that community and come to the gay community for sexual satisfaction and then take the bug home to mommie/their wives, or girlfriends.

It is just a part of human nature.  We in the end, are all sexual beings and each one of us describes ourselves in the way that suits our needs and natures.

Just my thoughts.

Guys...it was a JOKE, I was being sarcastic.............nothing more...........wasn't trying to be mean

Thanks Moffie65,  ;D  you bring up some VERY interesting points of view......and as for str8 men, I've worked around them for yrs. ( being in the Military and Law Enforcement for a number of yrs.) most didn't even know I was Gay, unless I told them, and when I did, it was no big deal at all, I was still one of the Boys, no matter what, I know my humor can be somewhat
dry, but again that's something I learned form all you str8 guys thur the yrs. and YES, you do have a lot
to offer, I have found Great Friendship, Respect, and non-sexual-support, this ole world wouldn't be very interesrting without you guys, and I'm greatful for that  ;D Men will always be Men no matter what, it just doesn't really matter who's Gay, Bi, or str8 were all still Men

And Philicia...........I always declined SEX with a Str8 guy, ( mostly due to them being co-workers) I just didn't want to go there, when I was offered it by some str8 men, I turned it down, and said No thanks......... being in the jobs I had, I'm sure you understand why..........I always thought Co-worker
sex was Taboo  :-[ however, if SEX was being offered by non- co-workers, I might have re-considered ;D
it is my understanding ,that if any men wants to have sex with another man, then he's really NOT str8 at all Str8 men don't have sex with each other unless they are Bi or Gay...........

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 10:23:39 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2008, 09:58:25 am »
Moffie,

I’ve been HIV positive for 18 years.  I’m in no way a neophyte.  Thank you for suggesting where my focus should be, but actually you’re speaking of HIV transmission that occurs in behaviorally bisexual men.  In my state, that accounts for about 12% of our male transmission rate, as best as we can estimate. 

Being behaviorally bisexual, Bi or Gay are in fact different then being straight.  Regardless of what happens on Oprah, or at times in this forum, there ARE HIV positive men who never had sex with another man.

The plural of anecdote is not data so, your statement of “You guys who are straight and have never even thought about hooking up with a gay man; probably need to learn a bit from some of us who have innocently hooked up with far more self confessed "straight men" than you might have thought would have existed.”  Shows that yes, there are Bisexual men.  But you go too far in suggesting that we straight HIV positive men are oblivious to this perception.  In fact most of us have had to deal with it since the moment we disclosed our HIV status.

I can no longer count the number of eyebrow lifts, or verbal equivalents I’ve received immediately following a disclosure of my status and the fact that I’m straight. 

Now, I do not intend to be backed into a homophobe corner here simply by saying that I‘m not Gay.  I’ve said repeatedly in other threads here that if it were not for the love, compassion and teaching of Gay men I would be dead.  I’ve lived most of my HIV positive life trying to live up to the challenge they gave me and ‘pay it forward’ in a sense.

My chief complaint here is that almost inevitably in this forum, when one of us discloses that we are a straight man with HIV a post that basically can be distilled to “Ummm, SURE you are” occurs.  It’s tiresome and in my opinion one important reason why some of us post sparingly here.

Generalizations and stereotypes are not fun even when they are true.  They are worse when their premise is false.

Your following statement of , “This causes us in the gay community to become rather suspicious of men who tend to declare their straightness to us, when in fact, if they are comfortably straight, then they wouldn't have to declare it.” unfairly tells us that we cannot openly disclose our sexual orientation.  How is THAT fair?  Here, when others have presumed me to be Gay, I have responded with the statement that I am not, only as a point of fact.  So is that disclosure meet your definition of someone who is so uncomfortable with their own orientation that they have to overtly disclose heterosexuality to ‘cover’—or is it just me being honest as others are allowed to do here? 

By suggesting that any straight man who discloses his orientation is in fact overcompensating and therefore not straight, you have removed the option for us to state honestly who we are.   It reminds me of those flawed syllogisms and interrogation processes that uses questions such as “Have you stopped beating your wife?”.  If one never beat their wife there is no way to answer that question as asked.  It presumes a false answer.

The original poster of this thread asked a question to the effect of “Where are the HIV positive straight men?” and when we replied with our presence here we are expected to be derided because of our orientation?

I think this brings the larger issue to clear light.  Is this forum one that actually accepts HIV positive individuals regardless of their mode of HIV infection and their sexual orientation, or doesn’t it?

Offline denb45

« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2008, 10:35:59 am »

I think this brings the larger issue to clear light.  Is this forum one that actually accepts HIV positive individuals regardless of their mode of HIV infection and their sexual orientation, or doesn’t it?

It is also my understanding that ALL or welcomed here in this forum, so, I hope that you stick around, your opinion is valued here as well as everyone else, your sexual orientation has no bearing what-so-ever ;D we all admire and respect your opinion  ;D so come on now, there is NO need to feel threatened by us Gay /Bi Poz+ Men, one things for sure, were all still POZ+ no matter what the sexual orientation is..........
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:39:08 pm by denb45 »

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2008, 11:28:38 am »

Personally I could care less how anyone got HIV.  Nor do I care about anyone's sexuality issues, though I'm not implying you have one at all.  Obviously MANY people do, which I guess is the point others are making though I've not been following this back and forth that closely.  This is why I only pay so much attention to facts/figures on transmission routes in terms of sexuality because it's such a hard thing to define accurately, though of course it's still very helpful.

Now, I'm sure you've been around enough gay men to have figure out that there's always a handful that seem to think that they can always flip the hetero in bed.  I hope my earlier comment didn't come off that way, because I'm not like that.

In the end the subject is a bit boring and unhelpful.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2008, 01:36:48 pm »

Just to clarify I was not upset at all by Denb45's remarks, I seriously just did not see the pun that was not intended. ;D  Perhaps he will clarify for me... ;)

I really don't get your comment on straights Moffie.  If a gay man, straight woman, or lesbian  can come here and in their initial post identify themself as such, why can't a straight man?  If someone wants to suspect me of having covert operations going on behind my wife's back that is their prerogative, shit doesn't make me lose an ounce of sleep really. 

Offline denb45

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2008, 01:58:20 pm »
  Just to clarify I was not upset at all by Denb45's remarks, I seriously just did not see the pun that was not intended. ;D  Perhaps he will clarify for me... ;)

I really don't get your comment on straights Moffie.  If a gay man, straight woman, or lesbian  can come here and in their initial post identify themself as such, why can't a straight man?  If someone wants to suspect me of having covert operations going on behind my wife's back that is their prerogative, shit doesn't make me lose an ounce of sleep really. 

Skeebo............Thanks...........it was a JOKE, I was being sarcastic.............nothing more........... ;D
you are correct, there was never any pun intended in a joke, I'm glad that you saw that......again Thanks  :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 02:03:44 pm by denb45 »

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2008, 02:02:36 pm »
Skeebo............Thanks...........it was a JOKE, I was being sarcastic.............nothing more........... ;D

I know it was Den, I just missed the pun intended really...   I know you were being sarcastic, but you said "no pun intended" while there was no pun even given is what I meant..lol. ;D

Offline denb45

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2008, 02:05:57 pm »
  I know it was Den, I just missed the pun intended really...   I know you were being sarcastic, but you said "no pun intended" while there was no pun even given is what I meant..lol. ;D

Again your correct, the no pun intended was for others that may not have gotten the JOKE  ;D LOL

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2008, 04:52:52 pm »
Marco, Thomas;

I am sorry if anything I said offended either of you.  I obviously didn't create the correct wording to reflect the point I was trying to make, and I don't intend to re-visit my or any other post in this thread.

Tim Exits to Left.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline PRMike

« Reply #171 on: December 31, 2008, 09:10:24 am »
Are there any here?? I dcided to post this question here as well..as i am looking for male feedback as well as women..
Hi Wishful, it's my pleasure to introduce myself I'm Mike AKA PRMike and it would be nice to hear from you and be your friend and who know's where it can lead to ?
ok take care and may you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR always PRMike
PRMike

Offline redhill

« Reply #172 on: December 31, 2008, 12:57:39 pm »
strictly straight man here. 
i can not change the past,but today i can make tommorrow better

Offline rockonwood

« Reply #173 on: April 26, 2009, 03:53:09 pm »
 8) ha some of us are on rasta time and a little late ;)  but then i've been told i'll be late to my own funeral and also i havn't been chastized very often for dillydaddyin past closing time south of a girls belly button, okay yea i am a little nuts, lack of intimacy will do that to a guy.
       I've personally gotton tired of reindeer games responding to model images that don't know if they have hiv. and living in OCsocal a straight financially struggling artist/entrepreneur that thinks he's half his age sometimes feels twice his age and refuses to quit with hiv isn't exactly prime market material and as a ol surfboy guitar strappin semiretired legend alchemist herbalist growin up on the beach my taste are a little skewed from the prevailing crusine. (in other words if beauty is in the eye of the beholder i ain't been beholdin that well lately)
        if anyone is familiar with the area then you know asf (local org) is so confidentiality conscious that homeland security should get a clue and being a double minority (straight & white) maybe even triple cause the girls got their own club that i got chastized last year for crashing (innocently) as my 1st and only other post, life ain't a beech it can be a real mother fucker with spite and bubble gum the only thing holding it together (that's spite not spit). I've had girlfriends don't get me wrong and still love em, well one not so much, but two od'ed and passed into the black, one went overboard and i'm cool with her not coming back and another left town due to forces stronger and beyond our control. (that's just the last 3 years)(with time at a buddist retreat for soul therapy)

I understand and have no problem with u girls wanting financial security, at least the ones i'm attracted to, iv'e just decided to focus on that aspect cause window shopping for a guy really isn't all that much fun and i would probably rather get a colonoscapy (okay maybe not) but you get the drift.  luv ya all of you like a brother but only want to keep & sleep with one of you.

Offline rockonwood

« Reply #174 on: April 26, 2009, 03:58:26 pm »
i did it again damn well maybe yould know if you didn't tell them girls only

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2009, 04:03:26 pm »
Hmm,
in my parts, i could ask the same question about gay men - where are all the gay poz men. Find em easily enough in London, Paris and New York.  But mum's the word in Geneva.  Damn Swiss discretion.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline planonstaying

• Hiv is the FOX,tcells the rabbit, CALL the HOUNDS!
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2009, 07:00:32 pm »
I'm flexible and  it leads to half as many dates not twice as many.
If someone tells you  potential consequences of a behavior  it  doesn't  mean they jude you or mit    they may just give a shit about you

Offline Miles2237

« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2009, 07:39:33 pm »
Next u are too funny!..and cute too  ;)
yeah i subscribed to hivnet.com and its soooo lame..never more than 3 peopl on at a time and that includes me! My friend said she meets alot of guys but they all want sex still even after being diagnosed, Sex is still their main focus..dont get me wrong i definitely need a lil love err now n then but ultimately we are lookin for someone like ourselves that can understand where we are coming from but sometimes i think i want a negative person who just falls in love with me...and not worry about my condition..
Yes, there are a few of us  out here that understands where you coming from. Me personally I'm one of them type of guys that don't need sex to complete me I need someone that understands where I'm coming from and knows how to listen to the one that is having a problem with the disease

Offline NHLA

« Reply #178 on: April 27, 2009, 02:24:50 am »
Most straight poz people on this site are just in the wrong part of the world.  Sadly in the Western World HIV is something that disproportionately affects the gay community.  If we were all to relocate to South Africa or Russia we'd likely find more straight people for the possiblities of dating or at the very least a dependable booty call...

Offline NHLA

« Reply #179 on: April 27, 2009, 02:31:53 am »
no poz straight men in south africa either..except my ex, who was in denial bout it last time i saw him :)

MAYBE is in the air ;D

Offline betonet

« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2009, 04:23:33 pm »
One more straight around here. :)
Dec 2008 - diagnosed +
Jan 2009  CD4 550  CD4% ??  VL 40 000
Feb 2009  CD4 330  CD4% 18  VL Unknown
Apr 2009  CD4 406  CD4% 20  VL Unknown
May 2009  CD4 380  CD4% ??  VL 27 000
June 2009 CD4 395  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Sept 2009 CD4 344  CD4% ??  VL 44 000
Jan   2010 CD4 397  CD4% ??  VL 250 000
May  2010 CD4 370  CD4% 16  VL 750 000
Aug 2010 CD4 385  CD4% 14  VL Unknown
Dec 2010 CD4 315  CD4% ??  VL Unknown
Jan 2010 CD4 285 CD4% ?? VL Unknown
No meds yet

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.