Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:00:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 609
Total: 609

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: So, what are you doing for Christmas  (Read 11114 times)

Offline fearless

So, what are you doing for Christmas
« on: December 19, 2007, 11:28:33 pm »
Not only is it Christmas downunder, but it is the start of summer holidays. I think today is the last day of school, and my office closes down at the end of the week, reopening on 2 January 2008.

Today is my last day at work. I am on leave until 2 January 2008. Yeehah!!!!

I plan on spending a few days down the coast with my family and then my sisters and the twins are coming to spend a few days with me. We plan on going to the zoo, which I've not been to in over 30 years, and if La Nina plays ball we will go to the beach.

On Monday 28 January 2008, I start 3 weeks rec leave. Double Yeehah!!!

What are your plans.

Wishing you all a peaceful Christmas.

Steve
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: So, what are you doing for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 11:36:56 pm »
As usual Matty the Damned will spend Festivus plotting the downfall of humankind.

MtD

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 11:50:08 pm »
Hey Steve,

I will celebrate this weekend with the family down south in Albuquerque and then come back home Christmas eve - weather permitting.

I would gladly join you at the beach. I am already tired of cold weather. I guess I shouldn't complain. It has only dipped into the single digits three or four times so far.

I hope you have a great holiday with the family. Sounds great.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:01:17 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 01:11:24 am »
Hubby and I are staying home this year, Meg (one of our alpacas) is due her baby anytime between Christmas day and New Years day..she is getting restless already so it will be soon.

Christmas Eve a friend of mine is getting married and christmas day we are having family and some friends over for a BBQ...hopefully the weather will be ok.

Love to you and your family Steve.
Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Robert

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 01:38:56 am »
Hey Steeven....

Merry Christmas!

LEt's see.  Two weeks off for Christmas and another 3 weeks off at the end of January.  WOW...YOu've got it made.

I'm sure you'll have a wonderful Christmas what with the twins and all.  They're the perfect age for Christmas and with an uncle who is going to spoil them...well it sounds like good times.

We're going up to my brother's on Monday, Christmas eve, for the day.  Other than that, nothing much going on here.  Just the.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, mate....

robert

Offline mjmel

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 04:36:15 am »
Hope you have a grand ole Christmas, especially, and a fun time during your lenghty break from work.
Headed for Louisiana to visit with sis and nieces and great nephews. Looking forward to the warmer temps there(compared to Ohio) and the scrumptious cajunstyle food!
A Joyous Holiday to you, Mr. Steve.

Mike M

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 05:00:36 am »
Steve, sounds like you have your Christmas and vacation cut out for you. As for me, it's food. I have three different dinners to go to and then I'll go home and pass out. Have a Very Merry Christmas Steve.

Offline poz1970

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 06:31:25 am »
I'm meant to to be going to mum and dads for Christmas lunch, and then Christmas dinner at the other half's house with his kids

not really sure about the whole thing though, just feel like it might be too much of an overload :-( bit depressed lately, and would prefer to sit at home and vegetate

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2007, 07:05:13 am »
We'll have Christmas Eve here with my parents and brother who flew here from Louisiana. After dinner and opening gifts, we'll go to candlelight service at church.  Christmas Day will see my parents and brother back to our house for brunch and kids' show and tell with the gifts that Santa brought them.  Then, naps for the kids. In the evening, we will envade my parent's house with 4 generations of family (including my cousin and his family who are moving to WV today from OK).  We'll make complete gluttons out of ourselves, open gifts, and have general merry making. 

Merry Christmas to all!

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2007, 07:46:03 am »
Steve,

Hoping you have a great Christmas, and enjoy your time off. I will be working Christmas eve night, and I will get home at 7:00 in the morning on Christmas day. I am gonna go to bed, get back up around noon or so. Ed's going to cook the dinner this time. We're having ham. Kind of turkied out !! We're just going to relax and enjoy the day.

I will also be off New years day, and I have a mini vacation from January 4th through the 12th. We're debating driving down to Key West for a few days...

Merry Christmas------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 08:02:06 am »
Well, to everyone here, have a wonderful Christmas!  I will be going to my sisters'.  This is a tough year for my family, the first Christmas without my mum.  My dad is really having a hard time.  But he's a tough old bird.  Tonight my church is having something called "Blue Christmas" which is for people who have lost someone in the last year that I'm going to.  I'm officially on break from school.  I'll probably have my granddaughter over for a night or two and do some things with her. 

I wish everyone a very safe, happy, joyous Christmas and New Year!
Peace-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 10:21:16 am »
I'm traipsing back to my parents this weekend for a week or so, return is dependent on my brother and his family, and he's not been horribly forthcoming on their arrival at my parents (as usual).  As I was just down there for Thanksgiving, and just went to NYC last week to visit my new "nephew", I'm a bit tired of traveling.

Also, due to procrastination, I must go buy all of my Christmas presents today and tomorrow.

New Years Day will be spent enduring the heinous sounds of the traditional Mummers Parade which, unfortunately, travels directly outside of my living room window and lasts for 8 hours.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 10:46:35 am »
My mom has been with me since I had my surgery and Dad will arrive with Grandma on the 23rd.  I only have X-mas day off so I will drive the family down to Carmel for the day and enjoy the gorgeous California coast.  The rest of time will be just like any other day...I don't have plans for new year's eve, probably go to sleep ::)
but I will ride my bike for the first time since surgery on January 1st  ;D

Rich
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:59:20 pm by pozattitude »
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Dan J.

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2007, 10:48:46 am »
My sisters and their families will be in Jackson on the 25th.  My nephews evil in laws will be here insinuating themselves into everyones business. I can't wait. The 26th I fly to Belgium, then my "real holiday" can begin.

I wish I were there now.

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2007, 12:55:27 pm »
Christmas here in SC will the same as always ..... morning wake up to the stockings (at 34 years old) and my dad will have cooked over night a salt ham. It will be so well cooked the meat falls apart as you eat it :) mmmmmm we also have grits and toast. Then we have a huge lunch followed by napping. Presents are opened on Christmas eve so thats out of the way! Football is usually on the TV, although my poor pitiful gamecocks screwed up so much they aren't in a Bowl Game this year. Spurrier you suck.

People stop by here, some family...not much now since most aren't with us anymore. Some family friends come by for another massive dinner. And then we will be eating that ham for sandwiches for days and days...not that I am complaining about that.

I hope you all have a great holiday. (Looking forward to 08, cause 07 sucked for me!)

Matt

March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 04:40:36 pm »
I feel better now.  I got so much of my Christmas shopping done today.  And I also happened to be in the old Wanamaker Dept. Store (which is now run by Macy's) right when their light show in the atrium started running for all of the kids.  It's been around for over 50 years and they'd stopped it 3 years ago, but now it's back.

Here's what it looks like:

http://www.bridgeandtunnelclub.com/bigmap/outoftown/pennsylvania/philadelphia/centercity/christmaslightshow/index.htm
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 04:42:09 pm by philly267 »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 04:42:52 pm »
So you're not spending the holiday in a brothel with a brace of Dominican whores this year Philodendron?

MtD

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 04:58:34 pm »
Having a bloody good blaspheming pagan Yule piss-up (not that I am pagan, but it annoys the Christmas crowd).

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 05:04:23 pm »
So you're not spending the holiday in a brothel with a brace of Dominican whores this year Philodendron?

MtD

malheureusement, non

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 06:16:09 pm »
Absolutely nothing

I F!@#ing Hate Christmas!

there,

I feel much better now.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 06:32:31 pm »
Absolutely nothing

I F!@#ing Hate Christmas!

there,

I feel much better now.

Ditto sharky
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 09:15:03 pm »
Iceman is coming over on Christmas Eve so we can wake up on Christmas Day together.  Next, he'll get to meet my parents and about 10 others in my family, as we celebrate at my aunt's house!

Its the most wonderful time of the year!
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 09:21:07 pm »
I will be working at the hospital. :-\ It's one of those jobs that's 24/7

Offline joemutt

« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2007, 01:55:32 am »
I will celebrate Xmas on the 23rd with friends from abroad. On 24 I work and on 25 I will go to the beach for one day. I am not big on xmas celebrations but i will fill it with fun activities since doing nothing proved to get me down. :P
That is if  I dont get fired this afternoon as I refused to a last minute demand that I work two weeks more than full time non stop because of an 'acute lack of staff' . Then I will have a looong holiday  ;)

Offline komnaes

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 02:52:09 am »
Having a bloody good blaspheming pagan Yule piss-up (not that I am pagan, but it annoys the Christmas crowd).

Oh yeah, instead of celebrating the fake, go for the genuine, the Roman's sun god Mithras that the early Christians stole most of their iconography and set Jesus' birthday as the same day as his:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithras

Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 03:04:18 am »
Oh yeah, instead of celebrating the fake, go for the genuine, the Roman's sun god Mithras

Screw the Romans ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Offline komnaes

« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2007, 03:15:51 am »
Screw the Romans ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, no but, yeah... ;D

Yule was only the winter festive for the barbarians - Mithras, pre 4th century before Christianity took over, was Jesus - he was sent to the world of mortals to save us, he had 12 disciples, died for our sins, came back to life the following sunday. Jesus was no more than a tribute band, like Bjork Again to Abba.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:18:01 am by komnaes »
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2007, 03:37:06 am »
Watch who you call barbarians and tar with your slack Roman stereotypes .. you .. you .. oriental  >:(

Offline komnaes

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2007, 03:47:12 am »
So finally I have been reduced to a teapot.. ;D

By the way Votz, note the tense I used.. "was" for the barbarians... ;D

You're too sexy to be one.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2007, 03:56:36 am »
So finally I have been reduced to a teapot

Well you are so limp wristed I naturally assumed you were ;)

And I am actually quite proud of the fact that my forefathers were a warlike people with a reputation for rape, pillage and scaring the crap out of the Romans, Russians and anyone else who got in their way. I just object to them being compared to those South Germanic Barbarian pussies ;)

Offline komnaes

« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2007, 04:10:39 am »
Well you are so limp wristed I naturally assumed you were ;)

Ha, just your average flower sniffer sir... :D Can't help it.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2007, 04:21:24 am »
For fuck's sake, get a room boys.

MtD

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2007, 04:27:50 am »
For fuck's sake, get a room boys.

Nah. It is my mate he is after .. not me. He just thinks that flattering me will smooth his way to the real catch. How gay ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 04:39:46 am »
Ah yes, those sneaky orientals. :)

MtD

Offline komnaes

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 04:47:29 am »
Ah yes, those sneaky orientals. :)

MtD

Sneaky?! No sir!

Wait til you see what I am going to do to Votz' mate. According to Votz his mate is a split of me, except he's more heavily tattooed. When I get to see him I will convince him to do a video with me which I am going to call "Extreme Oriental Twin Action"!

Coming to a sleazy website near you. ;D

But my apology, didn't mean to derail this thread.. back to what folks are doing for X'mas!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 04:50:12 am by komnaes »
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 04:49:25 am »
According to Votz his mate is a split of me

Yairs. I split an oriental once. Had skin like a ripe plum. Fortunately we managed to staunch the bleeding long enough to get him some medical attention.

Went on to be a very successful accountant, if memory serves. :)

MtD

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2007, 05:48:16 am »
SEE. I TOLD YA!

One mention of my mate and we instantly leap to titles for homemade pornographic music promos.

I keep warning him that there won’t be any homemade porn, unless said venture is titled ‘Extreme Oriental Fist Action’ (with the Freudian Sean playing the part of the glove puppet and my mate getting a new tattoo to celebrate just how successfully Sean played the role) .. but he doesn’t listen to me. No-one ever does .. until it is too late  :'(

Anyway .. from New Years resolutions back to planned yuletide festivities.

PS: On a slightly pedantic note, I said you were the spit of him except for your receding hairline. I never mentioned the tattoos  ;)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:53:56 am by vokz »

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2007, 05:50:56 am »
No-one ever does

Agreed.

MtD

Offline vokz

• efavirenz junkie
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2007, 06:05:42 am »
No-one ever does Agreed

But you just did .. Damned Bitch ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2007, 06:08:48 am »
What?

MtD

Offline komnaes

« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2007, 08:36:28 am »

PS: On a slightly pedantic note, I said you were the spit of him except for your receding hairline. I never mentioned the tattoos  ;)

Aiya.. the troubles I got into for a typo... ;D

As for your suggested title, it sounds like a potential best seller of that treasure something hardcore porno franchise.. :D
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)

Offline Hard Times

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2007, 12:21:04 pm »
Dec. 23 was my diagnosis date !!!
so i made up a little saying just for the occation !!!!!!

MERRY KISS MY ASS , & A HAPPY GO FUCK YOUR SELF !!!

have a good one all .
take care.                                                                          Tommy
Your Body Is What You Are.
Your Soul Is Who You Are.

Offline fearless

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2007, 05:41:21 pm »
Well, after six weeks of constant La Nina clouds and rain, the sun gods were kind to me yesterday for the first day of my holidays and the longest day of the year. What a ripper it was.
I decided to use my time wisely, pulled a few cones, sauntered the 6 km's to the beach from my house, and lobbed my lilly white butt on the sands of Bronte.
The La Nina rains have returned again today. I guess that means it is time I started my Christmas shopping.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.