Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 605
Total: 606

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: curried weevils  (Read 3704 times)

Offline the trebmeister

• Fame is fleeting ... obscurity is forever.
    • daddy, you bastard
curried weevils
« on: September 24, 2009, 10:45:14 pm »
a couple of hours ago i was preparing raw shrimp to cover with curry powder & let them sit in the fridge before sauteing them.  i opened the little left cover of the curry tin & shook the tin over the shrimp but nothing came out.  i opened the right cover and shook again.  immediately my half-blind eyes saw movement so i looked without my glasses at the bowl's contents.  the adorable little weevils crawling over everything almost made me ill.

then i simply rationalized i could use fewer sesame seeds after cooking and they were crunchier and tastier, too!

as if.  i spent the next 15 minutes at the sink washing and inspecting each shrimp minutely.  luckily the kashi was a little overcooked so there was nothing crunchy in the dish.
Your friends may say that I’m a stranger
My face they’ll never see no more
There is but one promise that’s given
I’ll sail on God’s golden shore

Offline Dale Parker

Re: curried weevils
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 04:17:51 pm »
Did you name the little fellas???
Apr 09  CD4 21, CD4/CD8 ratio 0 VL 500,000+
July 09 CD4 158, CD4/CD812% VL 750
Oct 09 CD4 157 CD4/CD8 14% VL UD
Feb 10 CD4 197, CD4/CD8 11% VL UD
May 10  CD4 252 CD4/CD8 12% VL UD
Aug 10 CD4 211 VL UD
Nov 10 CD4 272 CD4/CD8 0.138 VL UD

Offline GNYC09

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:18:41 pm »
so you didn't eat the weevils?  I hear they taste like chicken.

Offline the trebmeister

• daddy, you bastard
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 11:36:59 pm »
i started to name them but after zebediah # 53 i got bored and put the rest in little mini-tombs of the "unknown weevil."   my hands were practically crippled after inscribing names on all those tiny pieces of granite.

if i hadn't seen movement i probably would have eaten them because my vision is so bad.  i love curried chicken so maybe next time the opportunity arises will try... if i notice.  for all i know i've eaten weevils and assorted critters who weren't moving when dumped into the bowl, pot, etc.  thank goodness the mild curry was weevil-free, or at least i think it was.

Offline weasel

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:30:21 am »
ROTFLMAO !

Keep those  spices in the fridge !

I was mortified  when I dumped  Paprika BUGS   on my fried potatoes !

Never had that issue living in Las Vegas   ::)

Carl
" Live and let Live "

Offline fearless

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:00 am »
nothing wrong with eating weavels, especially once cooked.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline fearless

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 12:35:11 am »
actually, i take that back, wiki reckons you can get e-coli from ingesting them and depending on their diet.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline the trebmeister

• daddy, you bastard
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2009, 01:37:51 pm »
actually, i take that back, wiki reckons you can get e-coli from ingesting them and depending on their diet.

we laugh at e. coli in the usa since 94.567% of ground beef has enough e. coli to kill a tabernacle full of mormons.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 02:17:06 pm »

Use to stay in this 3/4 way house back when I was 18.  We had all our food donated through charities.  One time they made this delectable dish of beef stew and white rice.  It was really good until someone said the rice had maggots in it.  Then the mood in the dining area changed and the natives started to revolt.  The house man, a very large black man we called Mr Mack, came in and told us if we did not like what was on the menu for that evening we were always welcome to go to the water fountain and fill our stomachs with water......  I still remember the stuffed green peppers, they were so rotten that you could slice them with a spoon.  YUMMY!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 02:26:39 pm »
Then the mood in the dining area changed..

I can't stop laughing!! Then the mood...omg...in the dining area (translate trough?) people get murdered for showing up on the sidewalk much less serving maggot-laced rice.

Did they call him Mack the Knife? nooope, Mack the Chef?  nope, not that either Mack the Black? uh-huh, too rhymey  oh right, they called him Maggot Mack the Marvelous Larvaelous.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 09:06:31 pm »
I can't stop laughing!! Then the mood...omg...in the dining area (translate trough?) people get murdered for showing up on the sidewalk much less serving maggot-laced rice.

Did they call him Mack the Knife? nooope, Mack the Chef?  nope, not that either Mack the Black? uh-huh, too rhymey  oh right, they called him Maggot Mack the Marvelous Larvaelous.

Needless to say I smoked 3 cigarettes back to back and called it a night.....  other guys were swallowing mouth wash so they could go to bed buzzed and forget the hunger pains.  It's rather funny though, the rat infested hell hole was called the Tudor hotel down in South Beach, on 11th and Collins.  Now it's been renovated into a 5 star hotel of sorts and the rooms..... well let's just say they are a lil bigger and more lavish that what I remember back in 1986.   

To tell the truth some curried weevils sound pretty tasty!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline the trebmeister

• daddy, you bastard
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 07:24:57 am »

To tell the truth some curried weevils sound pretty tasty!

skeebo, you know there is always a place for you at weevil's 12 goose steps house for the cooly addicted and formerly cooly addicted, new orleans branch.  when we run out of weevils we use palmetto bugs (aka cock-a-roaches) but adding cumin to the curry mix makes them quite palatable.  unfortunately maggots start flying so soon in this climate we rarely have enough refrigerated to make a truly delectable maggot goulash (i.e., a can of dinty moore 500000% fat beef-byproduct stew with extra ketchup left open in the sun for 45 minutes) but if you book 9 days in advance we'll do our very best. 

bed bugs & crab lice on the house.  scabies available at very reasonable seasonal rates.  please ask the desk clerk for current carte de STDs upon your arrival.

P.S.  if your daughter has a tat we will require a $57.63 deposit in advance.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.