Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 10:07:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 148
Total: 148

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Exposure  (Read 11686 times)

Offline Sailingalone

Exposure
« on: July 10, 2012, 10:27:06 pm »
Heres my story, had an anal sex w/out protection a month ago. Which im so stupid didnt ask or do something have one. Now im freaking out going insane of my symptoms.
3 weeks ago i had mild fever for 3 days, night sweats (on my chest and neck), swollen glands (armpit,groin),nausea, abdominal sounds, i feel weak, tingling on my feet, sore thoat, mouth sore, stuff nose, cold, and shortness of breath i felt like there something on my chest that makes me hard to breath and i lose weight too. I think if its an exam i think i can perfect the exam on class and gonna be the highest score. Coz i got all the symptoms ive had read. Makes me more afraid till now i still have swollen glands for almost 3weeks i think. And i tested neg on rapid test last 2 weeks coz they said its too early. And had another test will get the result on friday the 13th aww! I dont know what im gonna do. Im going insane! Its been 3weeks of sleepless nights cant focus on work. I wanna be me the person i am before not like this afraid. And scared waking up everymorning. Im just new here in US and now going to have biggest problem. Sigh* im so stupid! Crying is like sometimes help me to vent out the heavyness in my chest. I dont know how to handle my self right now,.

Had my doctor check my blood counts and everything okay but Hiv test not yet after amonth of exposure. Iim so scared how am i going to face the result. The result im getting on jul 13th is the test i got on jun 22 which they said too early to detect the virus but im not sure if its poz. Im soo scared and cant sleep and my heart is like beating fast. :(

Sorry i wrote a lot. :(

Offline RapidRod

Re: Exposure
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 10:47:18 pm »
You can obtain your conclusive negative test 3 months post exposure.

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 11:01:12 pm »
They said 4weeks they can detect it. I just dont know how to face it. :( i wanna end my life but i dont want. Sigh* thanks for the reply.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2012, 11:10:08 pm »
The window period is 4 weeks to 3 months and 3 months is when you can obtain your conclusive negative results. If you are thinking taking your own life then seek professional mental help.

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2012, 11:16:36 pm »
Ill do the four weeks then the next month if i turn out neg. but if its poz.  But im bot gonna do that. I think life is go on as someone said i read from the forum. Its not the end of the world. But still i dont know im going to handle it. For now im kind of okay coz i dont know my status yet.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2012, 11:40:19 pm »
Ill do the four weeks then the next month if i turn out neg. but if its poz.  But im bot gonna do that. I think life is go on as someone said i read from the forum. Its not the end of the world. But still i dont know im going to handle it. For now im kind of okay coz i dont know my status yet.

A test at six weeks is an excellent indicator. Only a three month result is definitive however.

And no matter what, you will get through this.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2012, 11:45:54 pm »
I hate myself. I think i throw my dreams away. Im just 22 and just starting life. Sigh.

Yeah ill try the 6weeks too

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 12:22:38 am »
I hate myself. I think i throw my dreams away. Im just 22 and just starting life. Sigh.

Yeah ill try the 6weeks too

Throw away your dreams? Cut the drama. There will be no throwing away of dreams.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 12:24:37 am »
Coz i dont know how financially incapable and still i dont know. Yeah drama coz i cant handle the problem i have right now

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:35:04 am »
Hopefully you are going to get through this ok.

You need to learn for the future that you can have as much intercourse as you want to. But you need to do it the safer way which means that always the insertive partner is wearing a condom. No exceptions.

No stop carrying on so and get busy with other things in your life while you are waiting to test. Doing that will help the waiting time to pass more easily than you may imagine is possible. Don't tell us that you're too upset to do that because I can tell you that response will not fly here. Just do it.

We'll be waiting to hear about your 6 week result. Good luck.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2012, 08:55:08 am »
Thanks Andy! I woke up this morning my heart beating fast. I used to love mornings but now i dont feel it! And im trying to make my self busy. But somtimes it strikes me and make me feel so damn stupid. My job is a physical job walk in out of the walk in freezer. And part time as a cashier also. So the whole day till night is im busy.

Jut wanna share this.

Coz i feel i have it. The guy i had sex with is left me a puzzle in my mind. Saying before while were dating he said hes going to die like 10yrs or so and he said his body will turn color yellow. But he said hes negative and i asked him twice.. And he said hea always having a migrane and now i think hes taking meds and thats the side effect. And i didnt care about it before coz i havent experiencing any symptoms yet. And never been to online about hiv. But after 2weeks we had sex. I think he is. Thats why im so worried. Im just new here in US so i have no resources or friends that i can rely to.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2012, 09:12:53 am »
Never mind about your resources and what you have and don't have. Everyone who comes here worried is sure they are infected. And I can tell you that it turns out that very few of them are.

So you need to keep busy while waiting to test.

By the way, you have not mentioned if you were the receptive or the insertive partner. 

Clearly your mind is stuck on details right now. Like I said, get busy with your work and other things. It really helps to do that.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2012, 09:18:40 am »
I am bottom. So much high risk of being infected. And i think he spit it inside.

Yeah i will try to make my self more busy. Trying to finish my other book again. Sigh* its killing me.

:(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2012, 09:48:38 am »
OK. Get busy and just remember to always use condoms for anal from now on. No exceptions. You can do an initial test at 6 weeks which you are very close to. If you get a negative at 6 weeks the strong likelihood is that you will continue to test negative.

Now, get busy.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2012, 09:55:31 am »
I'm getting ready for work! Thanks sir! I appreciate it!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 10:39:45 am »
You'ee welcome. Have a good Wednesday today.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 09:02:41 pm »
Thanks went my day okay! :)

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2012, 11:39:29 pm »
Cant sleep tomorrow is my result! Scared! :'(

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 04:59:10 pm »
Got my result its neg. is it conclusive for 4weeks? Still worried for the window period.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2012, 05:03:19 pm »
No, as you have already been told for a conclusive result you have to get tested at 3 months.

The average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after a risky incident. So your negative at 4 weeks plus is very good news.

I expect you will likely continue to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2012, 10:53:21 pm »
Sigh* window period! :(

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2012, 07:43:12 pm »
I was poz on HSV1 and CMV. Do i have to worry?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2012, 07:45:04 pm »
I was poz on HSV1 and CMV. Do i have to worry?
Most people have HSV1 and CMV.

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2012, 07:48:44 pm »
Oh yeah? I was like got my result and i eas poz on those two and ive gone online. Do i have to separate my kitchen utencils?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2012, 07:53:21 pm »
You don't have to do anything.

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2012, 08:03:38 pm »
Oh okay thank u sir!

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2012, 10:04:40 am »
My doctor given an antibiotics for my rashes. He said theres no sense to get tested if i just tested at 4weeks. He said we have to wait on the 1st week of September again. But im tired of these symptoms i have right now. He is trying to convince me not worry too much about it. But every time i tried to relax symptoms appeared. Like right now i have rashes, mouth sores white tongue, cough cant breath, fatigue and really bad headache dang! Seroconversion is freaking me. I did try to not to worry about it and trying to go out after a month of not talking to every one of my friends and staying in my room. Sigh*

Sorry i just wat vent this out! :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2012, 10:11:15 am »
Sailing,

If all these symptoms had anything to do with hiv seroconversion, your four week test would have been positive.

I do not expect your four week negative result to change. You're just going to have to wait until you can test again to make sure.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2012, 10:25:31 am »
Hes kind of upset at me coz i dont listen to him to not worry about it.

He refuse to get me tested at 6weeks. He wants a conclusive result on months after exposure.

I have a month to stay happy but not too happy and get ready for the result. Coz if ever it changes im not gonna be too much depress about the result. Im just avoiding to expect

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 11:31:41 pm »
Here i am again :(

Going to get tested again this week.. My heart i think is going to jump out that i never felt before i did 2nd week and 4th week test. Im candle almost burning down. I know im afraid for the result. But theres no way to know my status but to get tested. 

My doctor told me to wait till 1st week of September but since these rashes on my both arms and on my back are kind of irritating. I think i need to get tested again. 

To share My story again: I had sex with a guy last June 3 thats the first encounter and i think the next several days we had sex again. And the last time i remember is June 13h and all of it are unprotected and spit it inside.  Im bottom by the way. I dunno where to start counting though but decided to count on my last encounter June 13th. I think June 15 i had fever and chills every night like 82F outside but im cold that last 4 days. Went to health clinic got tested June 22nd neg. and after June 19th lymph nodes starting to swell actually until now armpit,neck and groin. Got tested on other blood work and even lypmh thing came back normal and blood counts are okay. But that time i have like feeeling weak, nauseous, fatigue, shortness of breathing and which i dont like is mouth sore. June 13 got tested again for 4weeks from my last exposure June 13th. And its negative. But positive on HSV1 and CMV. Still they cant find why my lymph glands are swollen. 

I read an article that after 4weeks neg u have to get tested again coz "This is in case you take longer than four weeks to generate an antibody response" thats scary!

Now ive got irritating rashes i mean theyre not itchy but every time i touch my arms are i know theyre are present but my rashes on my back are itchy and lymph nodes are atill swollen though for a month. 

And now going to get tested again. I dont know my status yet im afraid for the result. They said 4weeks is promising but i dont know. 

Actually thinking of an anthem of my dying days. Im so dramatic? Yeah! Feel like im crazy! Sometimes im accepting my self that i have it. So it wont be hard for me. But still the depression is killing me. I have no tears to cry on right now i think i ran out of it since i started having symptoms or im just only keeping it for the result? I dunno but now even i want to cry i cant! I actually stopped googling symptoms but since these rashes appears it freaks me out. Yeah i know im a sinner, a gay and made a stupid mistake. 

The guy i had sex he said he got tested 2weeks ago and its negative but i cannot trust him unless he showed me the paper or i gOt tested the same result. Were actually not okay. I dont talk to him unlike before. But i think he is used to infect someone.

He used to comfort me before i havent received my results yet but when he got his he was like good bye! Anyways! Sorry im just venting out my fears and story tonight. 

Sorry i posted anoher one again. 

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2012, 01:07:10 am »
I tested positive in 1993, when there was nothing but AZT for treatment.

Don't think for a moment you can sway me with "death" junk.

People testing positive today will (with access too healthcare/treatment) live ling, healthy lives.

Stop the drama. It doesn't play here.

Welcome Thread

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2012, 08:52:29 am »
Oh okay! Thanks!

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 09:33:34 am »
At 50 days i got tested Negative. Should i stop worrying right now?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 10:56:52 am »
Sailing,

50 days is over seven weeks. If you'd been paying attention, you'd know that any negative result over six weeks is highly unlikely to change, but must be confirmed at the three month point.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2012, 01:08:30 am »
40days more!whew! Kind of scary! Thanks for the reply mam! I read that 99.9% at 12weeks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2012, 02:37:03 am »
Sailing,

Twelve weeks is conclusive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2012, 12:42:47 pm »
Is there anyway u can get HiV from rubing a guys penis on the butt hole and he put his finger in it after holding hes thing? Although theres precum. Just a question.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2012, 02:07:05 pm »
Sailing,

NO.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2012, 02:19:32 pm »
Me and my partner used condom though but before that he put his finger inside me after holding his penis.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2012, 04:18:25 pm »
Me and my partner used condom though but before that he put his finger inside me after holding his penis.

And that is not a risk for HIV transmission. HIV is a fragile virus and is not transmitted in that manner.
Andy Velez

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43:31 pm »
I see! Coz that time im thinking that he hold the liquid on his thing and put inside my anus. But we didnt really had sex just like 30 sec of insertion with condom then we decided to pull it out. coz i told him im afraid still. Not fully recoveref yet. Even his the reason why im so depressed. And now again. I dont know having hard time to trust him also.

What do u mean by fragile sir?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2012, 09:28:10 pm »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2012, 02:04:54 am »
Sailing,

The outer covering of hiv has to be intact in order for it to infect. This outer covering is very fragile and small changes in temperature, and pH and moisture levels all quickly damage this covering and render the virus unable to infect. The only place where hiv can remain viable is inside the body.

This is why hiv is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, as in unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse where the virus never leaves the confines of the two bodies. Once outside the body, the outer covering becomes damaged and hiv cannot infect when damaged.

Your time out warning still stands - you are conclusively hiv negative and we're not going to hold your hand over this latest no risk situation.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Sailingalone

« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:02 pm »
@ Rapid Rod Im sorry sir im just asking if im at risk coz thats just happens last aug 8. And i havent been tested neg on 3mos.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.