Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 09, 2021, 09:10:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 762770
  • Total Topics: 64817
  • Online Today: 126
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 89
Total: 91

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Estoy infectado? / Re: Situación de riesgo
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 08:54:13 am »
Hola, hace una semana más o menos tuve una situación de riesgo y me hicieron tomar Pep la cual incluye dolutegravir,lamivudina y tenofovir.

que riesgo?
Estoy infectado? / Situación de riesgo
« Last post by danieldelgadolimaperu on Today at 08:15:47 am »
Hola, hace una semana más o menos tuve una situación de riesgo y me hicieron tomar Pep la cual incluye dolutegravir,lamivudina y tenofovir. El día de ayer tuve una situación de alto riesgo(sexo anal sin preservativo con eyaculación) siendo yo el activo con un transexual, debería extender mi profilaxis post exposición o que puedo hacer en este caso.
Muchas gracias
Off Topic Forum / Re: song of the day
« Last post by Almost2late on Today at 07:39:46 am »
Electric Light Orchestra - Livin' Thing (live) with The Langley Sisters
https://youtu.be/_4ikwriOSqw
Living With HIV / Re: COVID-19 Vaccine
« Last post by Almost2late on Today at 07:21:28 am »
A new Stanford study says that HIV may be responsible for the Omicron variant..

Stanford Researchers Looking at Possible Link Between Omicron COVID Variant and HIV
https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/coronavirus/stanford-researchers-looking-at-possible-link-between-omicron-covid-variant-and-hiv/2751193/

Just an idea.. maybe get everyone with a compromised immune system vaccinated? Better yet, everyone with an immune system on the planet?  But then how would big pharma profit? They can't just give it away, heaven forbid.. :-\

Get ready for the misinformation blame game that PLWHA are spreading the Omicron. I sure hope not.
Off Topic Forum / Re: Important Micronutrients
« Last post by Lorenzopier on Today at 05:22:19 am »
I found this article to be intriguing as researchers start to take a closer look at the possible implications of this form of vitamin D which is not commercially available.
The implications are still just a hypothesis though.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/study-shows-how-vitamin-d-could-halt-lung-inflammation-in-covid-19

Estoy infectado? / Re: Sexo con trabajadora sexual
« Last post by Atenton on Yesterday at 08:09:23 pm »
Perdón no me exprese bien. Quedo colgando de la vagina. Yo podía ver el condon
« Last post by Atenton on Yesterday at 08:07:42 pm »
En todo momento el condon cubrió la cabeza del pene. Yo me di cuenta que el condon quedó afuera, digo, cuando retire el pene, el condon se salió. Quedo afuera.
Por ello mi pregunta de si debo realizarme un test.
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 07:40:20 pm »
en una ocasión el preservativo quedó dentro de la vagina de la trabajadora, por lo cual volví a ponerme un nuevo preservativo y así continuar con el acto.

Si el condón no cubre la cabeza del pene durante el coito, existe el riesgo de contraer el VIH.

Obtener a prueba de laboratorio por VIH a 6 semanas . Un negativo a 6 semanas segnifica es casi seguro será negativo concluyentemente.

Esto es lo que necesita saber para evitar una infección por VIH:

Use condones para el coito anal o vaginal, de manera correcta y constante, siempre, sin excepciones. Considere comenzar la PrEP como una capa adicional de prevención del VIH en el futuro.

Tenga en cuenta que algunas prácticas sexuales que pueden ser descritas como seguras en términos de VIH podrían representar un riesgo para la transmisión de otras ITS mucho más fáciles de adquirir.

Hágase la prueba regularmente para detectar el VIH y las ITS por lo menos una vez al año y realice pruebas con más frecuencia si ocurre una relación sexual sin protección

Puede encontrar más información sobre Fundamentos del VIH, PEP, TaSP y Transmisión a través de los enlaces en mi firma.
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Need Reassurance/Testing Assurance
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 07:32:04 pm »
You're not sure? Did you have a condom on your penis after the sex? or was the condom hanging out of her vagina? If the answer is yes to either of these then move on with your life.

The other option would be that during intercourse the condom came off fully, to help you picture it, this would be having to fish out the condom from her vagina afterwards, if this was the case it's an HIV risk.

Now you have already tested and the result for HIV is non-reactive on an HIV antibodies lab test that was performed 6+ weeks after the incident, further HIV testing is generally not needed as this result will rarely ever change. If you must for peace of mind you could repeat at 3 months for a conclusive result.

The issues experienced have though have nothing to do with HIV from this encounter, so keep working with your healthcare provider to treat them and I hope you feel better soon.

Best, Jim.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider talking to your health care provider about taking PrEP going forward as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

Do I Have HIV? / Re: Need Reassurance/Testing Assurance
« Last post by josephjoestar1110 on Yesterday at 07:19:46 pm »
I’m not sure, I think it slipped off near the end but I’m not sure thinking back if it covered everything. Either way I’d like to maybe think about what’s conclusive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2021 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.